• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

President Trump releasing official statements in lieu of Twitter ban

showernota

Jun 6, 2020
Thread title is my own, but the last two official statements released have been the shortest I've ever seen.

Today's:
United States military troops in Afghanistan are at a 19-year low. Likewise, Iraq and Syria are also at the lowest point in many years. I will always be committed to stopping the endless wars. It has been a great honor to rebuild our military and support our brave men and women in uniform. $2.5 trillion invested, including in beautiful new equipment—all made in the U.S.A.

Yesterday:
In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind. That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You.

May 8, 2020
He did not end the wars and he had the power, and he knew they were playing with him on that aspect. The drawdowns were made to please him and his base while keeping the footprint in those hotspots active and not lose the "progress made". The folks that engineered these interventions on foreign lands have too much at stake on what they believe are great power games being waged against Russia/Iran/China and other power players of those regions - not to mention the MIC profit play. Biden is a godsend for them on that front. In the end, effectively, achieved nothing on that front.

Goes out on a whimper.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Arkam

Alcibiades

Jun 6, 2004
texas
It's nice the U. S. military continues to be a deterrent, but did we really need to spend 2.5 trillion?

I bet there is a lot of waste in there and overcharging by contractors.

Reactions: DeeDogg_