President Trump vetos Senate resolution to end US involvement in Saudi Arabia-Yemen war

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
Reactions: TheGreatYosh

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I lol'd at the main image in the header.

Is that a Ninja convention? Oh wait, it's just Islam. :pie_unamused:

What a shame we're tied to this crap. Honestly, I dream of a America that never has to concern itself with the Middle East.
Just let America look after itself for once.

Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
As much as I accept that the House of Saud is the devil we know, I'm glad Congress took its balls out of its purse for the first time in my entire life, and stood up to the POTUS on ending a military conflict.

I still maintain that the most valuable thing the Trump administration will teach our society is the proper authority the POTUS is supposed to have, which isn't much.

Ke0

Aug 10, 2012
Reading, Berkshire
This really really goes against the whole "fighting radical islamic terrorism" angle like...A LOT. Providing weapons to the country that exports aforementioned terrorism so they can bomb a small country out of sheer hatred will only result in people from Yemen emigrating to other countries, and radicalising others.

But I guess continuing to arm Saudi is more important from an ally and money standpoint than actually standing behind one's principles. Obama and Trump cabinets have blood on their hands, the whole lot of them.

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
This war keeps American troops out of harms way. It’s a proxy war that is relatively contained between the Saudis and Iran. Let them fight. We’ll keep selling weapons- if we don’t China and Russia will.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorDuffy1977

MrTickles

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2018
It was never a secret that Trump is a whore of the Israeli-Saudi duopoly, like every other US president post 1960's. The only reason Congress is pretending to want to end involvement is because they know Trump will veto their measure. There was zero pretense when Obama was supplying arms to the Saudis. The entire US establishment is rotten to the core. This is just more stunts for public consumption and cheap political point-scoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeafTourette

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
I lol'd at the main image in the header.

Is that a Ninja convention? Oh wait, it's just Islam. :pie_unamused:

What a shame we're tied to this crap. Honestly, I dream of a America that never has to concern itself with the Middle East.
Just let America look after itself for once.
And here I thought Trump was keeping his promise to get troops out of harm's way...

Guess he's like all the other presidents before him...

NEVER put your faith in man... Especially politicians

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
This war keeps American troops out of harms way. It’s a proxy war that is relatively contained between the Saudis and Iran. Let them fight. We’ll keep selling weapons- if we don’t China and Russia will.
Giving people around the world legitimate reasons to hate us and seek revenge doesn't sound very safe to me.

Reactions: DeafTourette

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
Doing what every other US president would do, even if he is getting arab money.

Last edited:

MisterFalcon

Mar 12, 2013
Giving people around the world legitimate reasons to hate us and seek revenge doesn't sound very safe to me.
These are people who will hate the Western infidel who made and sold a weapon more then the believer who used the weapon. There is no way to avoid that hate, it's a cornerstone of their culture.

Reactions: Dev1lXYZ

MisterFalcon

Mar 12, 2013
Possibly, but for equivalence's sake, you should assume that the USSR and China have been orchestrating coups and arming factions underhandedly in order to spur those civil wars.
Still not seeing anything remotely equivalent here. The current civil war in Yemen started with the coup against the sitting president by the Houthi faction in Yemen who have Death To America in their flag. The weapons they used came either from the stocks of the Yemen armed forces or Iran.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
not surprised, office of the president probably knows things about the region we do not

enemy of my enemy and all that, and SA seems like a place ripe for western overhaul as time goes on

(putting aside our military assets in SA)

it's seemingly the only control group we have in the region

Last edited: