• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Previous-gen humour, jokes, memes

Lijik

ps3-has-no-games_o_1422909.jpg

I remember a vita version of this happened with Persona 4 on the shelf

Robot Pants

Never understood the love for Konami E3 2011. The MGR demo saved it, but the rest made my eyes bleed. And yet, it's incredible it was better than the stuff they put the years after.

The Demon's Souls drawn strategy guide was fun as heck, too.
The Dark/Demons souls comics are truly amazing. Hilarious.

I favorites were the NPD gifs. Especially the Evil Dead ones. Can't find those right now!

Oh and a gif from 2012 made with The Last of Us. It's where a group of people are attacking Joel in the game while trying to argue that Sony is going down the wrong path, but Sony insists on a super powerful console with a bunch of features no one wants AND a $599 price tag.... ARGH... can't find this one either.

The Revolution is called Wii? Nintendo is going to be the laughingstock of the industry! No one's going to buy a system called Wii, especially with 480p, friend codes, and kiddie games.

PC graphics are too angular:

Its interesting that you say that. I grew up playing PC games and have played them for at least 20 years but when the Xbox came out I switched to console. One of my best friends plays exclusively on PC and raves about the graphical fidelity but every time I look at his screen I cringe. It did not matter if he was playing Grid, or Half Life, or whatever but to me the textures looked too angular, to clean but not in a good way, too fake, and cartoony. This was very evident to me especially in games like Need For Speed Most wanted. I just preferred the console look which seemed more realistic or less like it was stiched together by angular textures and polys.

Its been like this for me since the old days. Console games I have felt always gave me a more immersive and believable feel. Subjectively it has been more important to me then higher resolutions and mod tools and this is why I think I switched to console. Even at a lower res I get a more immersive experience and I feel like things feel "realistic".

Thank goodness the thread said previous gen, I was just about to post some of the cavalcade of humor our current gen has in spades... like that battlefield 4 doesn't work... and.. killzone is kinda overrated... and... ugh... oh, Xbone! Yeah, all them gems.

Top Bottom