• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Previously unreleased Atari Jaguar CD game American Hero coming to PC and consoles this summer

Agent X

American Hero, an unfinished full-motion video game that was originally in development for Jaguar CD, will be released on PC and unspecified video game consoles this summer, courtesy of publisher Ziggurat Interactive and developer Empty Clip Studios.

Key Features:
  • A fully realized Hollywood-level script with player directed plot and dialogue choices
  • A gritty, adult-oriented action story with violence and sex appeal
  • A unique, virtually seamless FMV format that plays smoothly like watching a film
  • The return of Hollywood actor Timothy Bottoms as Jack with newly recorded voiceover

Limited Run Games will also publish physical copies of the game. See the following article from Gematsu for more information:

Ozzie666

Disappointed, I was really hoping it was this guy..
WUMsw29.png

But in all seriousness, what year is it. These kind of games are amazing for these old consoles.

Cravis

Very nice!

Now all we need is for Capcom to remaster and bring Foxhunt back and that will break the seventh seal signaling the end of days.

theHFIC

What can I say, I love old FMV games so I will be a day one sale.

Limited Run is killing it right now with this and Plumbers Dont’t Wear Ties 😅

Last edited:

Havoc2049

I have the preview of American Hero for the Atari Jaguar CD that was released many years ago. I'm not into FMV games, but American Hero is pretty damn fun to play. It plays more like an interactive movie than a FMV game. Atari called it GameFilm at the time and it was actually pretty cool and the picture quality was really good for the time. Much better than FMV games from the early/mid 90's. Hopefully it isn't edited, because it would be an AO game if it gets an ESRB rating. It would be cool if Limited Run does an Atari Jaguar CD longbox style release for the physical version.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the trailer for American Hero, an FMV game that was originally developed for the Atari Jaguar CD and never completed until now, as the game is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (via GOG). It is also coming soon on Atari VCS.

Written in the 1990s, American Hero is a satire of over-the-top 80s action films which has itself aged into a caricature of 90's cinema. It features the talents of Timothy Bottoms (The Last Picture Show, Elephant), Daniel Roebuck (The Fugitive, Final Destination), and Musetta Vander (O Brother, Where Art Thou, Wild Wild West).

In American Hero, players take on the role of former American intelligence officer Jack on a mission to stop the malicious virologist Krueger who plans to unleash a sinister virus upon the Los Angeles water supply. Players will face spur-of-the-moment decisions that will help or hinder Jack as he tries to find and protect the only scientist who has the cure for this deadly pathogen.

Top Bottom