• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription $60=The new $50

FrankT

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/08/30/price-change-for-xbox-live-gold-subscription.aspx

cjelly said:
Readable:

Weird how they're only really changing the US prices.

4942229878_c618b31133_b.jpg
[/IMG]

Pachter redeemed just not crazy like?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They are only increasing the price where the 360 actually sells well in relation xD

Owzers

Fantastic, as someone who stopped paying for Live because I think online p2p gaming should be free, it brings great lawls to see Microsoft raise price, and inevitable tears when Sony decides to start charging for p2p online gaming.

kaskade

Guess I'll stock up on cards from amazon or something. Dick move though. They better give us more stuff. Like that will happen.

FrankT

Stumpokapow said:
thank god i've got free live until the end of 2013.

This will force my hand to re-up before Christmas since I was good until Feb 2011. I guess this also means the new deal price on Amazon will be $49. Crappy. $30 before then I think will be rare with this move however.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
:lol :lol :lol

Though knowing my luck, all my expired 1 month codes will now acctaully stop working.

Nelo Ice

Banned
well looks like im not going to give out any of my extra live subs since im currently set till somewhere in 2013 :lol

I've gotten all my subscriptions for $30 so that means $40 now? I am good till 2012 but will pick up one more the next time a sale comes around.

Neil

I feel a sort of smug happiness that US will have to start paying similar rates to the rest of the world!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DuckRacer said:
End of 2015 for me. :)

Quit being a bunch of greedy bastards, Microsoft.

how's that even possible? mine wouldn't let me redeem past 3 years, so i ended up giving my girlfriend's gamertag 3 years instead of stacking on mine.

Repgnar

With so many retailers offering sales on 12 month cards every other month, I haven't paid full price for quite some time now. Hopefully they don't try increasing the cost of microsoft points.

oneHeero

So wait its $50(for me) to have internet with my ISP monthly and now MS wants to charger $60/yearly to use that service?(P2P)?

10 bucks isnt a huge change since most ppl get it discounted anyways. Although I assume the discounted live cards will be @ 49.99 now :lol

Gravijah

GitarooMan said:
Lol, as if anyone who pays attention even pays 50 dollars a year now anyway....

I'm sure this price increase will influence the sale prices, too, so... you'll be feeling it.

Owzers

Fantastical said:
The only reason I have Xbox Live Gold is because of Netflix.

Isn't this basically pure profit anyways?

I'm watching Netflix streaming on ps3 right now, helped me break off from Gold.

Mad_Ban

Vinterbird said:
How the hell did you manage that?

And Microsoft better be announcing some amazing features soon to justify this.
Clearer headset quality dood. Quality doesn't come cheap.

RdN

When I saw the tweet from Major Nelson I thought: "Finally, they're dropping the price!".. and then I read the blog post and was like "WTF?!".. :lol

Sure, Xbox Live is a great service.. I'm a subscriber since 2003, but I just get past the fact that we still get P2P only games.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
how's that even possible? mine wouldn't let me redeem past 3 years, so i ended up giving my girlfriend's gamertag 3 years instead of stacking on mine.

im guessing he means he has codes unredeemed like i do

since yeah it wont let u stack past 3 years on one account

My account right now has about 8 months left on it and would have expired in june if not for some free month codes, unless I am totaly hooked on reach and some other titles i'll be taking a lenghy break from live I think.

Neil said:
I feel a sort of smug happiness that US will have to start paying similar rates to the rest of the world!
Yes, £40 was not $50 any way you cut it, more like $60 eh? eh? eh???

I live in the UK btw.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, looks my decision of stopping being an X-box Live subscriber now that they dropped OG X-box support (which I was a member of since launch, so that's 7 years of "Gold?") ironically ending in November this year is being more and more justified.

Thanks, MS! :D

Top Bottom