• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Price Error] Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition (PC) 9,33 EUR

sensui-tomo

anyone can send me a how to put in the info for a take out place, european address structure seems different from united states structure

sensui-tomo

Paypal thing accepted this format for me:
[house name]
[region name]
['zip' code number; 4 digits]

i mean i cant read a city address on google search for switzerland mcdonalds , unless the only 4 digit number i see is the zip code, because name of location + 12 or whatever seems baffling to me.

Paypal thing accepted this format for me:
[house name]
[region name]
['zip' code number; 4 digits]
You used your standard address within paypal and then just did that for the location it asks you within the microsoft store or you changed it for both?

Anywhere one could buy xbox credit?

Is that even legal with digital goods?!

sure. they claim it's a pricing mistake and not intended. so they reverse the transaction
just like you could make an order for a physical price mistake items and the retailer cancels the order. or the retailer reclaims the items, if it was already shipped

why would a digital good be different from a physical good?

Pakesaker

I tried to get it to work in the US and now I have a Swiss address stuck in my Microsoft Account in addition to my US one :/

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yes, the link included in the OP via my US-based IP certainly does. That was how I got the specific number.

If the link isn't useful, it shouldn't be included.

The link is the source and if you bothered to read you'd know why it didn't even work.

Gestault

The link is the source and if you bothered to read you'd know why it didn't even work.

I followed the directions in the link (using the Store app), and also tried the direct-link via web browser from the article as a back-up. I posted my results. The thread has others who also appear to have followed the directions and had a similar result, which would give the impression that there's another variable involved.

My post was partly just to ensure US buyers understood the conversion before jumping into a purchase. You've been contrarian rather than helpful.

Edit: And just to be clear of my understanding, this was my reading of the auto-translate:

The Swiss Windows Store is offering Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition (PC) for 10 CHF // 9,33 EUR. You must be on a Windows 10 PC and access the store via the Windows Store app. This should display the reduced price if you have your region set to Switzerland. If you are changing your region, it does not require a restart. A Swiss mailing address is required if you pay by PayPal or credit card. Your PayPal address can be changed on your account before making the purchase. The game is a direct Windows Store purchase to your Microsoft Account, and only includes the Windows 10 PC version of the game.

deoee

You change your region to Switzerland
you open the store app
you look for Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition
you click purchase
you pay with PayPal (I did)
you add a Swiss adress in PayPal (any Mc Donalds will do)
you add a Swiss adress in Windows (it asks you after the PayPal thing)
you own the game

Ifrit

You change your region to Switzerland
you open the store app
you look for Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition
you click purchase
you pay with PayPal (I did)
you add a Swiss adress in PayPal (any Mc Donalds will do)
you add a Swiss adress in Windows (it asks you after the PayPal thing)
you own the game

But it doesn't let me change the country of my paypal account :(

Caayn

Whoa, I can't resist this game for only €9,33. Thanks for the heads-up. Just bought it without a problem.

Shame that it isn't an XPA title though :(

yatesl

Went through fine here in the UK using PayPal and the British Embassy address.

My Windows 10 games now consist of Rise of the Tomb Raider for £8 in error, this for £8 in error, and a no-longer-working Gears of War 4.

jrush64

Banned
Tried again in the US and still can't get it to work. Added Swiss address for both paypal and microsoft account.

x3sphere

Tried again in the US and still can't get it to work. Added Swiss address for both paypal and microsoft account.

Didn't work for me either. When clicking purchase with my Paypal linked I got an error saying to contact Microsoft. Oh well.

Top Bottom