• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pricing the Xbox Anaconda and Lockhart

SonGoku

That "snek" thing really fucks with my head because my brain sees it as a typo of "snes".:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Let's say, irrespective of any competition between Sony and MS, that there is simply a large enough userbase with Minecraft, Fortnite, and Roblox for the Lockhart to do well on it's own mostly because of value pricing.

In my estimate, the Lockhart exists solely for it's value pricing, so MS should be going as low as possible, not looking for a $349 mid-range system. If it can't be cheap then it shouldn't exist.
Kinda hard to be cheap with mostly next gen specs, what you say could happen but I'd like to reiterate that a $200 main console has a different appeal than a $200 budget console. Perceived value is key.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Kinda hard to be cheap with mostly next gen specs, what you say could happen but I'd like to reiterate that a $200 main console has a different appeal than a $200 budget console. Perceived value is key.
The biggest barrier to the $299 price point will be the 1TB NVMe. I wouldn't be shocked by $349, but I wouldn't buy it at that price either.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The X1S has been $199 during the holidays for 2yrs running. X1Sd will go to $199 for extended periods this coming season just like X1S did this past year.

Additionally, X1S is $299 this moment on Microsoft Store, and $299 for Minecraft X1S bundle on GameStop. Walmart has Minecraft X1S for $214 and then go price yourself a digital edition of Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 3 and see where you end up in relation to $249.

$299 and below is value pricing in relation to $499. Same as now how $249 with 3 digital games is value pricing in relation to X1X's $399-$499 retail pricing.

My point is I would find it hard to believe MS would sell a $299 Xbox Lockhart on day one.

Top Bottom