• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Releases on January 14, 2024 | Summer Game Fest

Shtef

giphy.gif

My price.... my dear prince.... is now a Fortnite character
Prince of what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didnt think ubisoft could sink any lower
WTF did they do to prince of persia....my lord.
Felt more like Prince of Wakanda
The Fresh Prince of Persia
Black character with rap music .... in a prince of persia game ... guess the cleopatra backlash came too late

I think the reactionaries missed the part where they said 'The Prince has been kidnapped and it's up to us to save him'

Fbh

I guess if you can look past the Fortnite art direction and horrendous music (which I asume will not be in the game), the gameplay does at least look half decent.

drotahorror

Combat looks really fun. The trailer music is not my style at all but damn if it’s not edited extremely well.

Also LUNA listed but no steam. Come the fuck on ubi.

KXVXII9X

Ironic some are saying this is mobile tier since it is better animated and polished than 95% of the other games shown these days. It actually has great art direction too.

Ironic some are saying this is mobile tier since it is better animated and polished than 95% of the other games shown these days. It actually has great art direction too.
They're mad because it isn't Sands of Time 5 or PoP 2008 part 2, and also because the protagonist isn't the Prince. Hopefully they give the game a legitimate chance if it ends up with good ratings.

fermcr

Not the Prince of Persia I was expecting, but it looks good.
For me it was one of the most interesting games from the showcase.

Kacho

Gold Member
I have no idea what to think about this. I love PoP but that artsyle and music choice.

[Sigma]

Some cringe in it but I can't believe im saying this about a Ubisoft game, this is on my radar. This is looking like a buy from me. Mirage and this. Would be the first time I bought a Ubisoft game in over a decade.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

They're mad because it isn't Sands of Time 5 or PoP 2008 part 2, and also because the protagonist isn't the Prince. Hopefully they give the game a legitimate chance if it ends up with good ratings.
Nothing wrong with disliking the direction they took with the gameplay or expecting to play as the titular character who has starred in every game.

People were pretty pissed when Halo 5 had you mostly play as Locke and it was a dumb idea then too.

Nothing wrong with disliking the direction they took with the gameplay or expecting to play as the titular character who has starred in every game.

People were pretty pissed when Halo 5 had you mostly play as Locke and it was a dumb idea then too.
People were mad at Halo Infinite too and that was 100% Chief. I find that it's less of a protagonist/gameplay style issue and more of a bad game issue.

stickkidsam

People were mad at Halo Infinite too and that was 100% Chief. I find that it's less of a protagonist/gameplay style issue and more of a bad game issue.
I mean there were a lot of things people were mad at Halo Infinite about.

Yeah a bad game makes for pissed off fans regardless of how much it retains the face and style on the surface. The face and style of the game is still a part of what people come back for though. It's what differentiates that series from everything else, so moving away from that risks alienating your fanbase.

Quantum253

I loved PoP: Sands of Time. Idk about this. It feels like a weird cross of Fortnite character models and Immortal: Fenyx Rising environments (if Fenyx was a 3d side scroller)

The face and style of the game is still a part of what people come back for though. It's what differentiates that series from everything else, so moving away from that risks alienating your fanbase.
I like the risks though. People tried to dislike PoP 2008 when it first came out because that wasn't the same Prince from Sands of Time, but then they ended up liking the guy after the game turned out to be a unique and touching narrative experience. Now they look back on it with nostalgia.

I do find it interesting though that when it comes to books and movies, for the most part, people seem to be fine with protagonists eventually finding peace or resolution in their story and then moving on to the next protagonist. For some reason gamers want protagonists in story-based games(that have been running for 10 years or more), to continue to exist indefinitely and get into infinite conflicts. That new Like a Dragon game just made me feel a little sad inside because it's like they wheeled Kiryu back out for another adventure.

Top Bottom