• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia Trilogy confirmed, Europe Only, Freezing/Crashing Constantly

De-mon

Old?

720p, 3D compatible, new textures, normal maps and anti-aliasing.

201010518108_1.jpg

201010518108_2.jpg

201010518108_3.jpg

Peff

Well, the pics explain why the compilations are "exclusive". Understandable, but still meh-ish.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kagari said:
Somehow it looks worse than I remember.

I agree.

I guess it's good for those who've missed it and trophies will make it awesome (depending if they're doable or not).

Europe only apparently!

Ubisoft will release an HD collection of Prince Of Persia exclusively on PS3 next month - which will also be fully playable in stereoscopic 3D.

The Prince of Persia Trilogy will include Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones on one Blu-ray disc.

It's scheduled for release on November 19 in Europe only, at a recommended retail price of £29.99

All three titles will be fully remastered in 720p HD with new textures, normal maps and anti-aliasing.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=268264

Firewire

Banned
Is this one of the PS3 Classics in HD games?

Of is a compilation of the Prince trilogy Persia of the previous generation - the Sands of the Time, the Soul of the Guerrero and the Two Crowns in high resolution improved, textures, antialiasing and compatibility with 3D stereoscopic in a same disc blu Ray. Its launching is predicted for the 18 of November of 2010 in Europe.

I guess so..

LiK

probably look better in motion on a TV instead. it looks like it's missing the soft glow and lighting effects from the original games...

ultron87

I do really love Sands of Time. And Two Thrones was pretty fun except for the chariot sections.

Warrior Within was. . . *shrug*.

It's shame that only Sands of Time works on 360 Backwards Compatibility right now.

Oneself

LiK said:
probably look better in motion on a TV instead. it looks like it's missing the soft glow and lighting effects from the original games...

As in that's what made the games look good and special. As in Ubi shit-ports.

Danielsan

Ubisoft really needs to put more effort into these.
The ICO and SotC remasters almost look like current gen games.
This looks like junk.

Maybe SCEA saw these screens and thought 'fuck that shit' and didn't license it for release in the US! :lol

Tretton pressed the 'Fuck it!' button in his office and the whole of SCEA initiated the 'RLF' procedure.

jett

D-Member
Sands of Time is still a good looking game, the other two not so much. Anyway I doubt I'll be getting this.

badcrumble said:
Is it based on the PS2 versions instead of the much-better-looking versions for other consoles? Gross.

Hard to say. The Prince in the SoT picture has individually rendered fingers, that wasn't in the PS2 version.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, that looks pretty bad. I don't think even the PS2 version looked that bad. :lol

jett

D-Member
Danielsan said:
Ubisoft really needs to put more effort into these.
The ICO and SotC remasters almost look like current gen games.
This looks like junk.

That's unfair. They're hardly remasters, they look virtually the same as the original games but in a higher resolution. They just hold up much nicer than these games.

Great Prince of Persia trilogy confirmed!!! Yay! Yay!!!

Ya.... hmm.

Hmm.

Hmm.

Crap!!! I've been playing the God of War collection. I guess that has tainted my expectations of what a port of the PS2 version of a 2003 multiplatform title would look like in HD.

I'll have to see it in motion, but those screenshots have turned this from a must buy to a "I probably wont buy this ever, not even for a fiver".

Captain Pants said:
Here's a screen from the PS2 version of Warrior Within.

23syds1.jpg

Superior PS2 version am confirmed.
yeah. cause the PS2 version looked like that.

i ran it on my 790 x 593 CRT too!

if you compare what look like direct grabs to bullshots, then what do you expect?

jett

D-Member
I don't know what were you people expecting,

15742_full.jpg

This is what the PC version of the original looked like. These shots are just missing the bloomy filter.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
plagiarize said:
yeah. cause the PS2 version looked like that.

i ran it on my 790 x 593 CRT too!

if you compare what look like direct grabs to bullshots, then what do you expect?

I
insincerely
apologize for not pixel counting. That screen looks like that I remember the games looking like, so... you know... I posted it.

Top Bottom