Privileged By Kyle Korver - Jazz's Korver reflects on racism, white privilege

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
Also Interracial relationships are also a petty big taboo as well. Aome even argue that being together witha white person wold be dangerous to them
I can't agree with this. I guess this just boils down to what bubble we live in.

In my bubble, two of my best friends are a married couple of black dude, white girl. It's never even been something mentioned (the different races) as any sort of actual barrier or hurdle.

I'm not saying everyone feels this way. I am sure there are people who feel what you describe, but I don't know if it's a majority. I have lived most of my live in two big cities that I guess are considered "liberal" and I see mixed couples everywhere.

njr

Jan 26, 2009
I found Benjamin Boyce’s dissection of this matter to be well thought out:

It’s hard to argue the empathetic aspect of it, but the more ideological and dogmatic parts I take issues with.

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Until SJW's such as Kyle Korver and @DeafTourette and @Nobody_Important stop using white people as their crutch in life as to why they have it so bad this country and others will not heal racially, it will just become more racist, more division, more violence.

Blacks won't accept him? WTH?!

Projection... because YOU don't accept black people...

There are white people I consider family... I have white friends... I have favorite actors who are white ... And LOTS of black people think and feel similar...

I will never understand this perception that black people won't or don't accept white people.
I can say the same of you, you don't accept white people despite you saying that you have white friends, you are constantly shitting on white people on GAF and probably ERA as well. The perception that black people don't accept white people is clear as can be these days. Blame whites for everything is the motto of the SJW.

Believing that racism and privilege exist makes him a race traitor coward?

Huh?
No but calling him brave is ridiculous in today's mainstream media climate. But I can see why it makes sense to him. He has lost perspective or maybe never had it of what privilege is in the country, money. I don't even hate the guy or am very upset about it. But he is just feeding flames that lead to more division.

For those on the other side getting angry and saying stupid hyperbolic shit. You're not helping either. Fuck Fulltilt18's bullshit.

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I found Benjamin Boyce’s dissection of this matter to be well thought out:

It’s hard to argue the empathetic aspect of it, but the more ideological and dogmatic parts I take issues with.
I am only 5 minutes in but I chuckled at his comparison of three point shooting with tweets, lol

I honestly don't agree with what I have heard from Boyce already. I don't think Korver questioning "what can I do about racism in my workplace" is equal to "white people are bad." Maybe I misunderstood what Boyce just said though.

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
Until SJW's such as Kyle Korver and @DeafTourette and @Nobody_Important stop using white people as their crutch in life as to why they have it so bad this country and others will not heal racially, it will just become more racist, more division, more violence.
Yet using this thread as a small sample the only true sense of violence and division come from one or two posters specifically and they definitely aren't SJWs, NI, or DT.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
There's absolutely no way you can say this for certain without knowing any of those people personally. You are projecting.
No you can not but Let's change the words from i have Black people i consider my friends regarding racual topics. What would the answer to this be?

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
You're not doing a good job by stereotyping here. Actually, it might just be that the sentence as itself makes no sense.

Imagine:
"In the white community, responsible men hold each other accountable for their actions... We hold each other accountable because we want to further our community and get our young men to do better so that, then, the NEXT generation has a leg up and so on and so on."

You can't logically be a representative of "the black community" and speak behalf of all of them. Also, is this something unique to the black community? If you're talking about some specific people you know, then that doesn't fix the first problem, but in fact it just increases the problem and makes one wonder why it's relevant. And "responsible men hold each other accountable for their actions" seems pretty empty and non-commitive. How many are these responsible men? How does one know who the responsible men are and what if some that aren't viewed as responsible disagree? How do you know that you want to further your community? Are you holding each other accountable? Are you each your own sheriff that exercise your power over others? I'm be facetious at this point, but the point with how little sense your post made should come through.
No I'm not a "representative" and I, in no way, am speaking on behalf of black men or black people everywhere.

But I'm speaking from experience... And other black men I know and have spoken to. There is an actual movement of black men holding each other accountable. Not just in areas of personal finance but all aspects of life.

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Yet using this thread as a small sample the only true sense of violence and division come from one or two posters specifically and they definitely aren't SJWs, NI, or DT.
This is ignorance at it's finest right here. Maybe instead of insulting the race of someone every damn day with your agenda it could lead to better understanding and healing instead of frustrating genuinely good people who do not bring hate and anger into their every day lives but according to people like you, it is all white people who are the problem and it starts to grind on you as a person and you become jaded and resentful of ignorant people who are looking for trouble aka SJW's these days.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
No I'm not a "representative" and I, in no way, am speaking on behalf of black men or black people everywhere.

But I'm speaking from experience... And other black men I know and have spoken to. There is an actual movement of black men holding each other accountable. Not just in areas of personal finance but all aspects of life.
The Problem is that leftist Media does not. In the läßt Let's say 12 month i have seen hundreads of article blaming white people for the Most ridiculous shit. Just go o 101feminism and search for the Word white

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
This is ignorance at it's finest right here. Maybe instead of insulting the race of someone every damn day with your agenda it could lead to better understanding and healing instead of frustrating genuinely good people who do not bring hate and anger into their every day lives but according to people like you, it is all white people who are the problem and it starts to grind on you as a person and you become jaded and resentful of ignorant people who are looking for trouble aka SJW's these days.
Essentially they are creating the boogeyman they so desperately seek. Mr. Glass if you will. People collectively will only deal with so much before they snap back with, enough!

Nov 13, 2016
This thread was made in support of having white people "shut up and listen."

A just world can't come from this. Any inequality that exists now will only be flipped around if you take this idea to its conclusion: "White people need to take a backseat. Their needs are not as important as ours and their input on issues is not required." If you oppose racism, you must oppose the conclusion this dude came to (I need to shut up and listen, and support black people in whatever they tell me to do).

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Essentially they are creating the boogeyman they so desperately seek. Mr. Glass if you will. People collectively will only deal with so much before they snap back with, enough!
You hit the nail on the head. I am never going to give ignorant SJW's what they so desperately want, for white people to feel bad and to be subservient to them by attacking other white people when they have done nothing wrong, fuck that. You sjw's are much better off taking your own petty anger, your own petty demons and turn them inward and fix your own fucking life.

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
Two concepts that I’ve been thinking about a lot lately are guilt and responsibility.
When it comes to racism in America, I think that guilt and responsibility tend to be seen as more or less the same thing. But I’m beginning to understand how there’s a real difference.
As white people, are we guilty of the sins of our forefathers? No, I don’t think so.
But are we responsible for them? Yes, I believe we are.
And I guess I’ve come to realize that when we talk about solutions to systemic racism — police reform, workplace diversity, affirmative action, better access to healthcare, even reparations? It’s not about guilt. It’s not about pointing fingers, or passing blame.
It’s about responsibility. It’s about understanding that when we’ve said the word “equality,” for generations, what we’ve really meant is equality
for a certain group of people.
If I am to be held responsible for the actions of men who died up to 300+ years ago who I’ve never met, then should I not be held accountable for ALL their actions?

If I am to be held responsible for slavery and racism, am I not also responsible for freeing the slaves, enacting the 13th and 14th amendments, and abolishing Jim Crow laws?

But maybe more than anything?
I know that, as a white man, I have to hold my fellow white men accountable.
We all have to hold each other accountable.
And we all have to be accountable — period. Not just for our own actions, but also for the ways that our inaction can create a “safe” space for toxic behavior.
And I think the standard that we have to hold ourselves to, in this crucial moment….. it’s higher than it’s ever been. We have to be active. We have to be actively supporting the causes of those who’ve been marginalized — precisely because they’ve been marginalized.

[...]

And it’s about understanding that Black Lives Matter, and movements like it, matter, because — well, let’s face it: I probably would’ve been safe on the street that one night in New York. And Thabo wasn’t. And I was safe on the court that one night in Utah. And Russell wasn’t.

[...]

People of color, they built this league. They’ve grown this league. People of color have made this league into what it is today. And I guess I just wanted to say that if you can’t find it in your heart to support them — now? And I mean actively support them?
If the best that you can do for their cause is to passively “tolerate” it? If that’s the standard we’re going to hold ourselves to — to blend in, and opt out?
Well, that’s not good enough. It’s not even close.
How can this fucker, who makes over $7 million a year, talk down to me and tell me that I’m not doing enough? That I need to vote the way black people want me to cote in order to rid myslef of this spectre of white guilt. Moreover, he tells us stories of people who also make millions of dollars, and regardless of what happened were able to pay bail, pay medical bills, pay rehab, whatever. That’s privilege. You can interpret me minding my own damn business and not constantly protesting and inserting myself into conflicts as “racism” or whatever, but that sullies the meaning of the word. Calling anyone who doesn’t let black people guilt-trip them into changing their vote “racist” devalues the word “racism”.

And telling me that I need to act the way they want me to and vote the way that want me to while also saying that it’s my inherited burden, and that I need to sit down and shut up?

This guy can suck my dick.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Feb 11, 2019
Limerick, Ireland
A lot of anger in this thread and to be honest I blame the media for most of this.

Am I an idiot for thinking the only way to normalise a good relationship between everyone is to not draw as much attention to it?

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
He can believe racism against black people exists, but once he turned on his own people to get Twitter likes, yes he's a traitor and a coward.

Blacks will never really accept him because he's not one of them, plus he's also cut ties with his own people. In the end, he will have no one left to defend him.
He never turned on his people , he spoke the truth.

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
A lot of anger in this thread and to be honest I blame the media for most of this.

Am I an idiot for thinking the only way to normalise a good relationship between everyone is to not draw as much attention to it?
Why do you think @Nobody_Important posts threads like this? Because he wants to sew division between everyone, he and people like @DeafTourette don't care or are not interested in harmony between humans but rather to cause chaos and disorder and anger and then they turn around and blame white people.

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
He never turned on his people , he spoke the truth.
Korver spoke what you wanted to hear not the truth. And therein lies the problem with ultra left liberals and sjw's, you just want to perpetuate the hate it is all you know how to do.

Last edited:

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
"White Privilege" doesn't exist. It has never existed. It is simply a made up tool used by ideologues to try to guilt trip gullible fools into falling in line with how they want them to think.

Do you know what does exist? Racism. It is still alive and well and it will never go away, but it can get better - hell it *has* gotten better. People need to focus on listing actual issues and trying to fix said issues instead of blaming this mythical "white privilege" .

You are only hurting support in the long run by pushing this idiotic mindset.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Sep 28, 2018
More reactions to his statement

I'm happy to see his piece got the overwhelmingly positive response that it has from people in the industry. When I first read it I was afraid the reactions would be mixed.
Of course it gets positive response within their industry. The NBA and the media covering it aren't shy about pushing their leftist narrative. His article was absolutely terrible and he's a little late with his white guilt baptism.

I can summarize his article as this "I was being a bigot by wondering why Thabo was out the night before a back to back instead of sympathizing with him, and so are you!" Yeah, fuck that Kyle, and I was a big fan of you during your tenure with Cleveland.

I can't help but laugh at the cute t-shirts they wear about equality and social justice.. Why does nobody care about the lack of "equality" in the NBA by the way???? Shouldn't they also have race quotas to make everything more equal!!!

Sep 4, 2018
One Example:

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/opinion/sunday/interracial-friendship-donald-trump.html

Also Interracial relationships are also a petty big taboo as well. Aome even argue that being together witha white person wold be dangerous to them

Also did you forget how much shit these guys and their parents etc got because they wanted to trick their teacher by having the same hiarcut?

This whole post is disgusting and by that I mean the fact that people are asking if they can date or even be friends with white people, even if it's fringe, is closing in on KKK levels of racism and discrimination, and I guarantee this article isn't as fringe as the KKK.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
One Example:

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/opinion/sunday/interracial-friendship-donald-trump.html

Also did you forget how much shit these guys and their parents etc got because they wanted to trick their teacher by having the same hiarcut?

That article is dumb even though I can follow the train of thought... A lot of non-white people (yes, this includes Asians and Native Americans) are hesitant to trust white people because of the actions of some white people they experienced.

That said... Those are fringe cases. I live in GA and I see interracial couples all the time. No one is harassing them. If someone DOES, there's usually a non-white person coming to their defense.

I don't know how it is where you live, but interracial relationships are not treated like it's 1955 anymore. At least not as widely. And you're more likely to get harassed as a white person dating someone darker than you BY another white person. I've seen it... And again, non-white person to the defense.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com

I can say the same of you, you don't accept white people despite you saying that you have white friends, you are constantly shitting on white people on GAF and probably ERA as well. The perception that black people don't accept white people is clear as can be these days. Blame whites for everything is the motto of the SJW.
You post as if you know me. Matt404au knows me better than you do and we're very cordial.

And where have I crapped on white people or blamed them for my lot in life? Show me. I'll wait.

You spout nonsense and call it fact with no evidence of my doing anything you said to back it up.

*Waits on receipts*

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
This whole post is disgusting and by that I mean the fact that people are asking if they can date or even be friends with white people, even if it's fringe, is closing in on KKK levels of racism and discrimination, and I guarantee this article isn't as fringe as the KKK.
Those articles aren't even fringe anymore. They are in the new york times. The ideas may still be fringe, but they are being pushed by very mainstream sources.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
@JareBear is one of the most respectful posters on here ... He has never said anything against white people as long as I've seen his posts. No one other than the banned dude (who has been using racist rhetoric on this board for a while now) and maybe another DID threaten posters in here which is what Jare was talking about... So how is he ignorant?

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
That article is dumb even though I can follow the train of thought... A lot of non-white people (yes, this includes Asians and Native Americans) are hesitant to trust white people because of the actions of some white people they experienced.

That said... Those are fringe cases. I live in GA and I see interracial couples all the time. No one is harassing them. If someone DOES, there's usually a non-white person coming to their defense.

I don't know how it is where you live, but interracial relationships are not treated like it's 1955 anymore. At least not as widely. And you're more likely to get harassed as a white person dating someone darker than you BY another white person. I've seen it... And again, non-white person to the defense.
It was really not that uncommon.m did it change? Yes but on the so called progressive side it seems to switch again. They also call for more segragation than in the years before to "protect" minority people.

Here is one example of What I was talking about

It was not really white people opposing of interracial marriage but rather black people.

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
There is no such thing as "white privilege" only class privilege, i.e. being rich or poor. Do you honestly think that a rich black Hollywood star or basketball player is less privileged than a middle-class white guy? Of course not! Now I'm not denying that certain black demographics are socio-economically disenfranchised and are having a hard time climbing up the social ladder due to America's generally poor social mobility, but "white privilege" is not a quantifiable empirical measure through which we can explain social inequality.

"White privilege" is a cultish pseudo-notion, an ideological bludgeoning tool in order to emotionally manipulate people into relinquishing their dues by instilling a bad conscience even if their social and economic status is the result of their own merit.

This is how cult-like ideologies work, by instilling into their members a sense of guilt, an uncleanliness or original sin that must be purged by utter and complete subjugation, or as intersectional social justice militants would say, through unconditional allyship. Because that is what "being an ally" entails, to "shut up and listen", meaning to abdicate your critical thinking in order to fulfill other people's demands, no matter how ridiculous. Being an ally implies that you relinquish your persona, your own thoughts and views and turning yourself into a blind follower.

Doing so will net you praise and you will be lauded "courageous" by the followers of the same cultish ideology, like in the OP:

...because this had to take a lot of courage for Korver to openly talk about without anyone asking him to.
"So stunning, so brave" they will smilingly say, as they reduce you to a second-rate human being. Now there is absolutely nothing courageous about becoming an ally, reducing yourself to the status of a mere sheep by giving up your own critical thought and substituting it with the inherently self-serving views and demands of others. It doesn't take courage to follow, it takes courage to think for yourself and act according to your own reason and goodwill. There is nothing courageous about outing yourself as an ally, because the followers of that cause will embrace you into their warm bosoms loudly clamoring the relinquishment of yourself.

No, you take what is rightfully yours according to your merit and you share what you can spend. You give others what they are due, as you would expect for yourself and you help those who are in need, regardless of their creed or skin-color, gender or sexual orientation. But you certainly don't shut up, you stay true to yourself and you act according to your own free volition.

Because in the end, that is how you show true solidarity, not by being pressured through a false notion of guilt. As a human being and a collective member of humanity, you as a single individual are not any more or any less guilty than others. We all share the same flawed human nature and as such you carry the same burden of the human condition as everybody else. You don't share the guilt and sins of your ancestors, but don't worry you'll make new ones, those are your responsibility. Act accordingly.

Last edited:

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
LOL. White guilt at its finest. You white people smh.

If you (white or otherwise) aren't doing things like racism... then you aren't guilty of racism. So stop feeling guilty for it.

What is with this effort to be proud of doing nothing in America? This guy thinking he victim blamed someone didn't result in the breaking of legs and ending of a season. And the reflection of the "thoughts" didn't heal his legs.

It's almost as if what he thinks or thought had no fucking part with anything that happened. But at least he feels good moving forward. And other people feel good reading his cry diary.

Hungry children can't eat Blog posts. The sick can't use tweets for medicine. Hashtags don't kill cancer.

Do something real for a pat on the back. This entire thing just shows how blind so many are to real problem people face. Doing nothing will being praised is very modern in America. I imagine him stepping over the homeless while typing it out on his phone.

We are so fake and we don't even know it.

finowns

May 10, 2009
Telling people that they can't be expected to follow the laws and customs of a Liberal Western society based on their ethnicity is the exact same argument the social conservatives used in the 90's to bar homosexuals from locker rooms.

This white male savior complex that liberals have is perhaps the most insulting thing they do. Nothing is ever anybody's fault when they fuck something up, it's all some nebulous bullshit designed to excuse failure. I can't think of anything more offensive to a racial minority or a woman than, "It's ok, you couldn't have possibly succeded at this in the first place."

I'd rather hang out with the 'Nazis' who will immediately call me out on my bullshit, even if I do have to put up with the occasional asshole calling me a faggot to my face.
This is where I’m at. This constant patronizing tone would drive me crazy if I was Black. Black people are always politized as broke, struggling, in need of help, oppressed, etc. Elected government officials believe they are owed reperations for being slaves! So I actually don’t really blame them or anyone else for believing it, it’s so prevalent in our media. Even Black NBA players believe they have it tough (and I don’t discount that) but realize everyone has it tough.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
"White privilege" is a cultish pseudo-notion, an ideological bludgeoning tool in order to emotionally manipulate people into relinquishing their dues by instilling a bad conscience even if their social and economic status is the result of their own merit.

This is how cult-like ideologies work, by instilling into their members a sense of guilt, an uncleanliness or original sin that must be purged by utter and complete subjugation, or as intersectional social justice militants would say, through unconditional allyship. Because that is what "being an ally" entails, to "shut up and listen", meaning to abdicate your critical thinking in order to fulfill other people's demands, no matter how ridiculous. Being an ally implies that you relinquish your persona, your own thoughts and views and turning yourself into a blind follower.

"Racism depends on white people being really really nice to everybody." -Scholar of Whiteness Studies

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
@JareBear is one of the most respectful posters on here ... He has never said anything against white people as long as I've seen his posts. No one other than the banned dude (who has been using racist rhetoric on this board for a while now) and maybe another DID threaten posters in here which is what Jare was talking about... So how is he ignorant?
If what I wrote was wrong then I will admit I was wrong and apologize, but again, going off the idea of "violence and division" if you look at this thread there was one threat of violence from the dude who got banned and a number of comments that seem divisive to me (such as white guy won't ever be accepted by black teammates, mixed race relationships are taboo, etc) that don't seem to be coming from NI or yourself, the posters that were being mentioned.

That's just my perspective on it.

Edit

Commending Kyle for his empathy and admitting that privilege exists (in many forms, not just for white people, as the Jussie case proved) doesn't seem nearly as divisive to me as "he's an emasculated race traitor coward" takes. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
I don't think white privilege exists personally. It's just something racists use to crap on white people and i'm not sure how being a white guy in the NBA would be considered white privilege.

Sep 4, 2018
Those articles aren't even fringe anymore. They are in the new york times. The ideas may still be fringe, but they are being pushed by very mainstream sources.
I think you're right, even seeing DeafTourette up there saying they can emphasis with the articles depsite calling them dumb.

What ever happened to individuality and making judgments based on people not groups, or are we admitting that judging people by how they look is okay (unless you're white)? It's just as bad when alt right makes judgements of an individual based on their group or looks instead of their actions, but atleast they are okay with all groups and races being predjudice and racist and not just everyone against white people.

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
You racist jerk! Black people by and large take responsibility for everything we do, our kids do and more!

You have no idea what black people do! You are content to look down at us and judge us from your racist echo chamber.

Uncivilized?! Really?! And I didn't forget what you said in that other thread about black people... You hate us so much, go join a racist message board!
I disagree with this...

Last edited:

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway

So it's nice to hear anecdotes of people's experiences, but on a macro level that is of course not relevant. The same could be said about anecdotes from a "white" person, who I'm sure also thinks that in the rural "white" community men are holding other men accountable. In fact, it does actually sounds very rural, smalltown America-ish.

Now, how do you hold someone else accountable and what kind of means of appeal do they have to whatever accusations and sanctions they might face? Holding each other responsible usually means some are held more responsible than others, as human are inherently fallible and will always try to dominate and bend things towards their own benefit. What is this movement? Is it an organization or are you just speaking of a sense of a movement, of people moving to a common goal? How are you sure you're really working towards the same goal?

Good to see people try to affect their communities (is your community 100% black? Or are you segregating or segmenting your community?), though my perspective is that an approach of accountability like that isn't desirable or good. Rather an approach of burden, of responsibility, of seeking meaning, purpose in one self. Self-improvement, to then help others improve themselves and through that seek further improvement. But not as a judgement or a sin or a watchman, not as accountability held over others, but as a sign of seeking higher grounds, of lifting people up, lighting up lights in the world.
Now I might be misunderstanding you and that might be what you're talking about, but I'm at least giving my perspective on my interpretation.

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
"Racism depends on white people being really really nice to everybody." -Scholar of Whiteness Studies
What the hell is a "scholar of Whiteness Studies"? What is even "whiteness" other than what can be attributed to the color of your skin? The notion implies that "white people" are one homogeneous block, that they all share certain qualities among them. Nothing could be further from the truth as white skin neither influences your reasoning nor your actions, just like a red car doesn't perform any differently than a blue one. One only needs to take a look at the current affairs in Europe to see that "whiteness" is not a unifying cultural or intellectual trait.

Being white or black or whatever color has no bearing on your human nature. Academia in the U.S. is really going down the shitter by allowing such pseudo-sciences to persist. There is no such thing as "whiteness" or "blackness" as these are purely abstract notions that cannot ever be quantified or clearly defined. It's a purely metaphysical notion, like god or the soul. In fact, it could be anything and everything and as such it does not deserve its own scientific field.

It's the same with "white privilege" a notions that cannot be measured or quantified because you simply cannot know when a person received a socio-economic advantaged based on merit or mere privilege. Sure, you can measure socio-economic discrimination and disadvantages according to certain demographics, but you cannot imply privilege from that. "White privilege" implies that you got something that you do not deserve, but there is simply no empirical way to ever find that out.

That is why science has, up to this point, always focused on the causes of socio-economic disadvantages. Since discrimination is never deserved, you can fully assume that the person in question has been treated unfairly. But you cannot do so for people who are "privileged" because you simply cannot know if an advantage is deserved or not.

Last edited:

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
You post as if you know me. Matt404au knows me better than you do and we're very cordial.

And where have I crapped on white people or blamed them for my lot in life? Show me. I'll wait.

You spout nonsense and call it fact with no evidence of my doing anything you said to back it up.

*Waits on receipts*
Fuck your receipts, all it takes is someone clicking on search and typing white or white people into the search bar and typing your name in just so they can see for themselves. You are just another version of Nobody_Important just perhaps a little more thoughtful and not so egotistical. You use white people as a crutch, just admit it. I mean you are all for reparations for gods sake. You are always in defensive mode over black people but always on the attack when it comes to white people, it's not a secret.

Last edited:

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
Why do leftists constantly want to stir up shit by bringing up race time an again. The most race aware person I’ve met lately was some black man who kept joking about black people and that sure as hell made me uncomfortable because it’s important for me to see people as individuals.

As a minority I’ve always had good encounters with the police, hell more often than not they’ve given me warning instead of traffic tickets. Opportunities are available if you’re looking for them; I’ve always have had to make trade offs in opportunities available to me throughout my life.

The US is a great country. When I’m told the US is a racist country by racists or by people who don’t even live in the US, I just wanna slap a bitch. If you want a better life all you have to do is wake up and make a better life, provided you’re in good health.
Posts like this kind of make me wonder how many people actually read Kyle's blog, or instead just saw that someone brought up privilege again and dusted off their favorite tried and true takes on it.

I mean don't get me wrong, this is a good post, but it has nothing to do with what Kyle wrote.

In particular I seem to find a lack of general discussion regarding the cases of perceived racism that Kyle has witnessed in his workplace. I tried bringing one up, the recent one with the Utah Jazz fan being banned for yelling "get back on your knees like you're used to," which I still don't know if it was truly racist intent or if he was telling Westbrook to go suck a dick.

Dec 15, 2011
Identity politics is rotten.
People who support, spread and endorse identity politics are rotten.

They are to logic, reason and equality what anti-vaccers are to medicine and health.

Last edited:

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway
I disagree with this...
That's actually a good point. Though the same could be said about "white people" as well. Speaking for a group in that manner is hardly sensible or logical. One could use statistics, but that'll always be a bit flawed, as you have to do a multivariate analysis taking into account a lot geographical and socio-economic factors. Even then it would depend on the variables and would just be a surface look, having problems catching the qualitative aspects of the situation. And also various methodological problems. More so, I don't see what good would come out of it.

I pretty much think that black people feel like they can be openly racist against white people because reasons and it is not okay what so ever.

Fuck your receipts, all it takes is someone clicking on search and typing white or white people into the search bar and typing your name in just so they can see for themselves. You are just another version of Nobody_Important just perhaps a little more thoughtful and not so egotistical. You use white people as a crutch, just admit it. I mean you are all for reparations for gods sake. You are always in defensive mode over black people but always on the attack when it comes to white people, it's not a secret.
1. Your response has equally the same problem, as it depends on emotion and anecdotes. I doubt DeafTourette thinks that there aren't black people that are racist against white people or who think that they are allowed to "payback" racism. His disagreement will likely be in regards to prevalence and that these cases are a minority of cases being blown up. Or just the problem of anonymous people on the internet being what they are, shitty.

Also,
2. I take issue with being so aggressive against @DeafTourette and @Nobody_Important in your post. They are both valued members of the forum, in my opinion, and while they have a different perspective and a different bias than you, doesn't mean that one should just dismiss them or assume too much about them. Don't try to conflate your experiences with people that you disagree with to be relevant to them.
As someone who pays attention, they are indeed great posters, as they show ability to make concessions and they stick by and front important news and partake in discussions, despite being in the minority here.
Try instead to be civil and articulate better why you are getting frustrated and reach out to them instead of attacking them for having a principal disagreement.

Last edited:

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
That's actually a good point. Though the same could be said about "white people" as well. Speaking for a group in that manner is hardly sensible or logical. One could use statistics, but that'll always be a bit flawed, as you have to do a multivariate analysis taking into account a lot geographical and socio-economic factors. Even then it would depend on the variables and would just be a surface look, having problems catching the qualitative aspects of the situation. And also various methodological problems. More so, I don't see what good would come out of it.

1. Your response has equally the same problem, as it depends on emotion and anecdotes. I doubt DeafTourette thinks that there aren't black people that are racist against white people or who think that they are allowed to "payback" racism. His disagreement will likely be in regards to prevalence and that these cases are a minority of cases being blown up. Or just the problem of anonymous people on the internet being what they are, shitty.

Also,
2. I take issue with being so aggressive against @DeafTourette and @Nobody_Important in your post. They are both valued members of the forum, in my opinion, and while they have a different perspective and a different bias than you, doesn't mean that one should just dismiss them or assume too much about them. Don't try to conflate your experiences with people that you disagree with to be relevant to them.
As someone who pays attention, they are indeed great posters, as they show ability to make concessions and they stick by and front important news and partake in discussions, despite being in the minority here.
Try instead to be civil and articulate better why you are getting frustrated and reach out to them instead of attacking them for having a principal disagreement.
I have no qualms with your opinion of DeafTourette and Nobody_Important, it is your opinion and i respect that but your opinion is way off the mark especially when it comes to Nobody_Important, he is an instigator at best and openly racist at worst.

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway
I have no qualms with your opinion of DeafTourette and Nobody_Important, it is your opinion and i respect that but your opinion is way off the mark especially when it comes to Nobody_Important, he is an instigator at best and openly racist at worst.
Then point out where he is being racist then. Just switch the "white" with "black" to show an example and set up a principled logical argument. That's easier to support than just lashing out.

Last edited:

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Then point out where he is being racist then. Just switch the "white" with "black" to show an example and set up a principled logical argument. That's easier to support than just lashing out.
I don't need to point you anywhere other than this very thread he created!!! If you can't see that well.....we have a problem.

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway
I don't need to point you anywhere other than this very thread he created!!! If you can't see that well.....we have a problem.
Now I feel like you're just acting like the people going crazy over OK signs and pepe. Posting this thread is not racist in my opinion. It's a terrible article, though an emotional one, and I vehemently disagree with its perspective, but posting this isn't racism in itself. It allows you to view what some "white person" thinks and it's a call along racial lines, but it's not @Nobody_Important being racist.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
Korver spoke what you wanted to hear not the truth. And therein lies the problem with ultra left liberals and sjw's, you just want to perpetuate the hate it is all you know how to do.
Doubt he , he spoke about his own experience and if that's hard to hear then maybe it's not what I wanted to hear but it's what you need to hear.

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Now I feel like you're just acting like the people going crazy over OK signs and pepe. Posting this thread is not racist in my opinion. It's a terrible article, though an emotional one, and I vehemently disagree with its perspective, but posting this isn't racism in itself. It allows you to view what some "white person" thinks and it's a call along racial lines, but it's @Nobody_Important being racist.
Posting it is not in and of itself racist but he posts shit like this all the time to start drama over how evil white people are, he does not deny hating on white people and he has said he will never stop doing it. He does not want black/white/purple/polka dot people to live in harmony, he wants chaos and unrest.

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
But in many ways the more dangerous form of racism isn’t that loud and stupid kind. It isn’t the kind that announces itself when it walks into the arena. It’s the quiet and subtle kind. The kind that almost hides itself in plain view. It’s the person who does and says all the “right” things in public: They’re perfectly friendly when they meet a person of color. They’re very polite. But in private? Well….. they sort of wish that everyone would stop making everything “about race” all the time.
Best part in the Article , shared it in my companies BAME network.