Privileged By Kyle Korver - Jazz's Korver reflects on racism, white privilege

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Doubt he , he spoke about his own experience and if that's hard to hear then maybe it's not what I wanted to hear but it's what you need to hear.
LMAO, what i want to hear and see is people getting along, people living in peace and being able to call each other friends and confidants, not your hatred of white people. What you and your brethren preach is that white people are at fault for all things bad that happen to POC, you are the worst offender of this.

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Best part in the Article , shared it in my companies BAME network.
Yes, we all know how you like to shove racism towards white people in our faces all the time, i am glad you share your hatred so openly. You are loud and proud about how you make everything about racism. Korver is an idiot, this is nothing new.

Last edited:

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway
Doubt he , he spoke about his own experience and if that's hard to hear then maybe it's not what I wanted to hear but it's what you need to hear.
Correction, what you think he needs to hear.

Posting it is not in and of itself racist but he posts shit like this all the time to start drama over how evil white people are, he does not deny hating on white people and he has said he will never stop doing it. He does not want black/white/purple/polka dot people to live in harmony, he wants chaos and unrest.
Again, you're not that much different from the people assuming too much. Even if it was true, it's irrelevant to the knowledge at hand. Do I need to ask you "Have you stopped beating your wife?" or that you have never denied beating up black people? Go much less aggressive and start an inquiry to provide answers instead. That way it doesn't like you're yelling crazily like some in the clown/ok sign threads.
Just ask him directly out: "Do you hate "white people"?" and "Do you want black and white people to live in harmony?". If he answers "No" and "Yes", then it's likely some fundamental disagreement, where you might interpret his intentions as bad, because his axioms of belief and value are that different from yours.
Don't be so sensitive. Catch him in the right moment and shine a light if you truly believe that he's being racist. That'll be much easier to get support for.

Last edited:

ViceUniverse

Mar 12, 2019
Posting it is not in and of itself racist but he posts shit like this all the time to start drama over how evil white people are, he does not deny hating on white people and he has said he will never stop doing it. He does not want black/white/purple/polka dot people to live in harmony, he wants chaos and unrest.
Man this guy sounds like the devil himself.

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
@Solomeena you're shitting all over the bed now. Korver makes an amazing point when he speaks about how he was quick to assume his fellow friend was at fault before knowing the full circumstance, he knows that if he was in that situation it would have ended differently. It's only when a high profile white celebrity acknowledges their privilege and make an article then we start seeing this conversation getting more screen time. Hopefully this spurs more high profile white people to come out and share their own experiences.

All you've done these last 2 pages are just name call , nothing of actual substance has been typed by yourself.

Last edited:

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
More reactions to his statement

I'm happy to see his piece got the overwhelmingly positive response that it has from people in the industry. When I first read it I was afraid the reactions would be mixed.

So you are claiming White privilige exists and, being the reasonable person that I am, was waiting for you to define the concept objectively and present empirical evidence to back it up.

You did neither.

Classic Nobody_Important.

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
@Solomeena you're shitting all over the bed now. Korver makes an amazing point when he speaks about how he was quick to assume his fellow friend was at fault before knowing the full circumstance, he knows that if he was in that situation it would have ended differently. It's only when a high profile white celebrity acknowledges their privilege and make an article then we start seeing this conversation getting more screen time. Hopefully this spurs more high profile WHITE people to come out and share their own experiences.

All you've done these last 2 pages are just name call , nothing of actual substance has been typed by yourself.
I fixed your reply for you, it is in bold.

Last edited:

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway
@Solomeena you're shitting all over the bed now. Korver makes an amazing point when he speaks about how he was quick to assume his fellow friend was at fault before knowing the full circumstance, he knows that if he was in that situation it would have ended differently. It's only when a high profile white celebrity acknowledges their privilege and make an article then we start seeing this conversation getting more screen time. Hopefully this spurs more high profile people to come out and share their own experiences.

I wouldn't be too haughty, it just make yourself look worse. You say Karver makes a point, but the only point he makes is the problem of quick judgement. And it definitely isn't an amazing point. "Wow, I wondered a second about what my friend was doing?" Not exactly an eureka moment. And he definitely doesn't "know" that if he was in the situation that it would end differently. Could end worse, could end better. This is speculation on your part.
High profile white celebrities acknowledging their privilege as celebrities? Their privilege as American citizens? Their genetic privilege?
I have no problem with a conversation and I have no problem with people expressing their experiences (though I wonder what "experiences" to share are acceptable), but I'm curious for why you're so obsessed about having "high profile white celebrity" prostrate in front of a camera. Doesn't seem very seemly nor does it exactly make much sense as anything other than a rush of power.

Last edited:

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
You know.. funny enough. That's actually what I meant so thanks for that.

I'll edit my post
That's why i fixed it for you, we cannot let your obsession with white folks like myself go unabated. I want to show you that i can get along with you despite you hating the color of my skin @AfricanKing .

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
That's why i fixed it for you, we cannot let your obsession with white folks like myself go unabated. I want to show you that i can get along with you despite you hating the color of my skin @AfricanKing .
Since your asking , i dont hate white people. I love ya , just like any other race.

Good thing my company would fire anyone that would be stupid enough to post anything that encourages race guilt and segregation on their Network. Hope I never have to deal with yours.
Quite a few FTSE 100 companies have BAME networks that they openly advertise. My company is smaller but it's a great place to work as its encouraged to share these types of stories .

Sep 4, 2018
Since your asking , i dont hate white people. I love ya , just like any other race.

Quite a few FTSE 100 companies have BAME networks that they openly advertise. My company is smaller but it's a great place to work as its encouraged to share these types of stories .
So a segregated safe space that encourages segregation. I can understand having a network like this to make connections and share culture, but what's being shared here is passive aggressive hate. I'm sure it was started with good intentions, but it sounds like it's turned into something terrible.

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
So a segregated safe space that encourages segregation. I can understand having a network like this to make connections and share culture, but what's being shared here is passive aggressive hate. I'm sure it was started with good intentions, but it sounds like it's turned into something terrible.
Have you actually read the article , nothing in there is about hate or segregation. Its the total opposite. And it's not a segragated space , last time I checked around most of the people in the London office post in the channel .

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
It’s the person who does and says all the “right” things in public: They’re perfectly friendly when they meet a person of color. They’re very polite. But in private? Well….. they sort of wish that everyone would stop making everything “about race” all the time.
I'm sorry but not caring about race, i.e. being color-blind because you want to treat everybody the same, does not make you a racist, not even a "subtle racist". On the contrary, it makes you an egalitarian. Only racists and people high on identity politics care about skin-color. If you think that shifting the definition of racism like that will do good things for social and economical inequality, you're sorely mistaken. All this leads to is undermining social cohesion and solidarity by dividing people into neat little identity categories.

Don't assume for a second, your society will advance in that regard if you're unable to overcome your racial divide. Like it or not, but judging and labeling people according to their skin-color will only deepen that divide. Intersectionality is nothing but the result of social envy, trying to pit whole demographics of people against each other for their own social benefit. It makes you blind for the pain, suffering and discrimination of others who do not share the common immutable traits of your in-group.

Unfortunately, you're far too immersed in your ideological thinking to even realize this. Judging by your general output on this forum, you're also far too bitter because you feel unjustly wronged by society and your fellow white citizens to even acknowledge this. Don't be fooled though, this resentment is the exact same feeling that white supremacists hold against other minorities who they perceive as destroyers of the social fabric that they live in. After all, not skin-color but scapegoating a whole demographic, by falsely making them wholly responsible for the ills of society, is what's driving racist thought.

Last edited:

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
Still feeling triggered almost month later. I see that white victimhood is working wonders on you.
Don't feed the trolls. His trying to bait you into a derailment
How about you drop the emotional language and state your case? Would it kill you to do that?

Define white privilidge in objective terms.
Present empirical eveidence that it exists.

By doing that you would put a merciful halt to what up till now amounts to a spectatcularly failed track record as a NeoGAF debater.

ipukespiders

Oct 9, 2006
Not exactly the same BUT...

In the black community, responsible men hold each other accountable for their actions... We hold each other accountable because we want to further our community and get our young men to do better so that, then, the NEXT generation has a leg up and so on and so on.
It is rare for black fathers to have little or no involvement in raising their children. True or False?

Drake

Oct 16, 2012
I'm white and I have absolutely zero guilt. Fite me.

Fuck all you virtue signalers.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
Still feeling triggered almost month later. I see that white victimhood is working wonders on you.
Just highlighting your proven bigotry, dishonesty and total lack of credibility.

As always, when challenged you avoid and deflect and try to badmouth whoever won't see things your way.

Edit: Still waiting on you to provide the evidence and consent of the 8+ million Londoners you assumed to speak for. Besides late-to-the-party deflections and name-calling, you have provided nothing.

Last edited:

KonradLaw

Aug 2, 2015
God, living in USA seems extremely exhausting. How can people force themselves to feel like shit all the time because of something they had no way of controlling? Howw can you live like this?
This makes me glad to be living in homogenous country.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
God, living in USA seems extremely exhausting. How can people force themselves to feel like shit all the time because of something they had no way of controlling? Howw can you live like this?
This makes me glad to be living in homogenous country.
Don't get it twisted, United States is a very large place. The internet and sanctuary cities are a minority and amplify a truthfully small spotlight compared to the rest of the lands and everyday life.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Fuck your receipts, all it takes is someone clicking on search and typing white or white people into the search bar and typing your name in just so they can see for themselves. You are just another version of Nobody_Important just perhaps a little more thoughtful and not so egotistical. You use white people as a crutch, just admit it. I mean you are all for reparations for gods sake. You are always in defensive mode over black people but always on the attack when it comes to white people, it's not a secret.
You are full of crap and a liar.

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
How about you drop the emotional language and state your case? Would it kill you to do that?

Define white privilidge in objective terms.
Present empirical eveidence that it exists.

By doing that you would put a merciful halt to what up till now amounts to a spectatcularly failed track record as a NeoGAF debater.
Explain why , White men with Criminal records are more likely to get a job over a Black man with no record but they both match in skill level. And that's just the tip of the iceberg look at this study done over 3 years

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
It is rare for black fathers to have little or no involvement in raising their children. True or False?
False. Most black men marry the mothers of their children or are very involved in their children's lives. A small percentage have no involvement... Even anecdotally, I see black men involved in the lives of their children... And so do they...

Single parent households doesn't equal absent from their children's lives.

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
And that is ONE person. Not most or all black people.

*Sigh*
Its very telling that users in that thread use that ONE persons experience as a monolith for Liberal views , But they disregard Kovers experience as a monolith for White privileged celebrities

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
And yet you blame white people as a whole for societies ills, huh....
Know what? You're absolutely right... I blame white people for everything. For my Tourette Syndrome... For me being deaf... For my rickety bones... For me growing older ... For horrible presidents every dang 4 years, including Obama... For that horrible port of Xenon racer on the Switch ... Yep... For everything.

/Sarcasm

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
Explain why , White men with Criminal records are more likely to get a job over a Black man with no record but they both match in skill level. And that's just the tip of the iceberg look at this study done over 3 years
You didn't answer the most basic question.
What is white privilege, objectively?

Capitalism usually takes care of what you are suggesting. Businesses who don't act rationally - such as when they pass on the chance to hire the best possible person for the job - they tend to die out.
Gone.
Let them rest in peace.

But, of course, business owners have the right to act irrationally, foolishly. It's their business, after all, their money, their company. Nobody holds any sort of right over that which is theirs - You don't - and by virtue of being theirs affords them a licence to act stupidly.

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
Discrimination is not white privilege, because it is not a privilege to not be discriminated against, on the contrary, it should be the default. The person receiving the job offer is not "privileged", but the person not receiving an offer is discriminated against. That's a big difference.

Furthermore, the study you've posted does not refer to racism to explain these inequalities, but several other factors, such as perceived stereotypes regardless of race:

Similarly, a number of scholars contend that the unemployed are perceived as more dangerous and threatening than the employed (Box, 1987; Box & Hale, 1985; Quinney, 1977; Spitzer, 1975). Arguing that ―many people believe that unemployment causes crime, for example, Box and Hale (1985) suggest that judges view the unemployed as a threat, and that this ―belief alone is sufficient to propel them towards stiffening their sentencing practice (pp. 209- 10 2010). [...] Although a number of theoretical perspectives guide research on the relationship between unemployment and sentence severity (Chiricos & DeLone, 1992), most individual-level studies rest on some variant of Rusche and Kirchheimer’s (1939) observation that ―the poorer the masses become, the harsher the punishment in order to deter them from crime (p. 18) or Quinney’s (1977) contention that the criminal justice system ―is the modern means of controlling surplus populations (p.131). In a later study, Box (1987) asserts that it is the combination of judicial anxiety about what Spitzer (1975) refers to as ―problem populations and the belief that unemployment leads to crime, that structures judicial decision making and leads to increased use of imprisonment.
In fact, the word "racism" isn't even mentioned once in the whole study and for good reason. The presumed stereotype that unemployed people are more prone to crime than employed ones and that black people commit worse crimes than white ones, is a common stereotype held across all of american society. This is evidenced by the fact that such common misconceptions are also at play when it comes to male and female employment seekers with a criminal past:

Men with criminal records were more likely than women with criminal records to receive a negative response from employers.
This cannot be explained by racism against black people alone, as it is a commonly held belief, even among black people, that women are generally less violent and commit less severe crimes or are more law-obedient, than males. Not to mention that males with a criminal past are treated less advantageous than women with a criminal past, which completely flies in the face of the notion of "white male privilege".

Moreover, white men with a criminal record are less likely to receive a response than black women with a criminal record:

In addition, imprisonment was consequential for men's employment chances, as men who had a prison record were significantly less likely to be contacted by employers than men without a record. The same does not hold true for women, as we found no direct effect of incarceration on women’s employment chances
This can only mean that skin-color is neither the main deciding factor, nor the only deciding factor when it comes to employment discrimination. If racism were that prevalent, we would otherwise not observe these differences and not have a preference towards black women compared to white males in that regard.

In essence, what this study shows is that discrimination is not always the result of racism, but a complex mix of commonly held stereotypes that are shared among the general population regardless of race and gender. Simply shouting "white privilege" ain't cutting it in order to get to the root causes of social inequality.

Last edited:

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
Discrimination is not white privilege, because it is not a privilege to not be discriminated against, on the contrary, it should be the default. The person receiving the job offer is not "privileged", but the person not receiving an offer is discriminated against. That's a big difference.
White Privileged is birthed from Discrimination, the two go hand in hand. It's a privilege to live in American and not somehow be discriminated against because of the colour of your skin. The person's who got the job offer got it because they benefited from not suffering all the perceived stereotypes they the others did. That is a privilege that was only afforded to the white applicants.

In fact, the word "racism" isn't even mentioned once in the whole study and for good reason. The presumed stereotype that unemployed people are more prone to crime than employed ones and that black people commit worse crimes than white ones, is a common stereotype held across all american of society. This is evidenced by the fact that such common misconceptions are also at play when it comes to male and female employment seekers with a criminal past:
You've just described racism in your attempt to not describe racism, this studies core was to look at inequality, and the research showed that racism is still alive through the misconception employers have about race

This cannot be explained by racism against black people alone, as it is a commonly held belief, even among black people, that women are generally less violent and commit less severe crimes or are more law-obedient, than males. Not to mention that males with a criminal past are treated less advantageous than women with a criminal past, which completely flies in the face of the notion of "white male privilege".

In essence, what this study shows is that discrimination is not always the result of racism, but a complex mix of commonly held stereotyped that are shared among the general population regardless of race and gender. Simply shouting "white privilege" ain't cutting it in order to get to the root causes or social inequality.
You've described racism so well but can't fathom to actually say it. It's a privilege for white people to not have to deal with negative stereotypes, stereotypes that even you admit exist but you can't be moved to call it what it really is.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
So, since that report said men have a harder time than women as well, is there "female privilege"? Or does that conflict with the narrative and must be omitted from the framing of said argument?

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
So, since that report said men have a harder time than women as well, is there "female privilege"? Or does that conflict with the narrative and must be omitted from the framing of said argument?
My personal opinion is that privilege exists in many forms and definitely doesn't apply just to white people/white men. I think Jussie walking away with a slap on the wrist was a form of privilege, for example. I just think some privilege is more "front and center" than others.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
White privilege is a pseudo-science whose major fault is that you can blame an entire race of people for building societies that ironically, benefits not just them alone but all of humanity.

You can look back at Germany during the 1920s and see people carrying wheelbarrows full of worthless money. Yet why does skin color make this man somehow privileged?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
My personal opinion is that privilege exists in many forms and definitely doesn't apply just to white people/white men. I think Jussie walking away with a slap on the wrist was a form of privilege, for example. I just think some privilege is more "front and center" than others.
I can see that argument, but in the context of that report, it is basically saying that women have the ultimate privilege, if privilege is what you are using the report for to frame.

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
White Privileged is birthed from Discrimination, the two go hand in hand. It's a privilege to live in American and not somehow be discriminated against because of the colour of your skin.
Your study has shown that white males suffer other kinds of discrimination and disadvantages, considering that women with a criminal record are largely preferred over men with a criminal past, even white ones.

You've just described racism in your attempt to not describe racism
No, I have explained the notion of "stereotype" to you because quite obviously you're unable to make that distinction. Racism is focused on race, stereotypes can be any preconception that people have towards certain demographics. What your study showed, is that black people are just as likely to fall prone to these stereotypes as white people.

You've described racism so well but can't fathom to actually say it. It's a privilege for white people to not have to deal with negative stereotypes, stereotypes that even you admit exist but you can't be moved to call it what it really is.
No, that's not a privilege, that's how it should be. Being treated fairly and equally is not a special right, it's the default.

Last edited:

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
I try so hard to ignore you but you cannot ignore such idiotic statements from you. You seriously don't think that there are negative stereotypes of white people? really?! And yes, like others say there is no such thing as white privilege at all, deal with it. Let's see you move to some shit hole country like China or Russia and you will find out real quick what real oppression starts to look like. If you can own a car like me, own a home like me, buy your groceries like me, pick the school where you want to attend like me, date whom you want, go to any movie theater/bar/library/ANYWHERE like me, you have privilege just as much as my supposed privilege.