Privileged By Kyle Korver - Jazz's Korver reflects on racism, white privilege

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
The fact you think police brutality against minorities is a "myth" tells me all I need to know.
According to you it probably happens "numerous" times (low two-digit number, after also considering police brutality against white people), which still doesn't evolve the racism debate into a "Everybody experiences racism on a regular basis" kind of thing. But unfortunately you did not reply to 90% of my post. You nitpick one single statement which is largely off-topic und ignored the way more bigger and more relevant part of my post.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Jan 21, 2018
Republic of Catalonia
The fact you think police brutality against minorities is a "myth" tells me all I need to know.
As someone who has seen how thousands of police men came to my home with the sole intention of beating and terrorize people, I can tell you very clearly the difference. The Police in the USA doesn't practice brutality as whole, neither against minorities. There are some cases of police brutality like there are in literally everywhere and that's it, and those cases are being milked like crazy by the identitarian politics.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
@Nobody_Important constantly assuming the moral high ground after his frequent failures will never cease to amaze me. Are shame or humility in your vocabulary? You continue to speak down to others as though they are morally repugnant. This is not the behaviour of someone who has learned from their mistakes.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Are shame or humility in your vocabulary? .
I don't know how much the rest of you know about NPC culture (I'm an expert), but humility and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole (like DRUMPF). If you screw someone over in the Far Left, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Twitter and Facebook audience, after hearing about this, is not going to want to repost and retweet Nobody_Important's epic posts, nor will they take his advice seriously. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but NI has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nobody Important, publicly apologize and disavow Identity Politics or you can kiss your troll account goodbye.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I don't know how much the rest of you know about NPC culture (I'm an expert), but humility and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole (like DRUMPF). If you screw someone over in the Far Left, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Twitter and Facebook audience, after hearing about this, is not going to want to repost and retweet Nobody_Important's epic posts, nor will they take his advice seriously. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but NI has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nobody Important, publicly apologize and disavow Identity Politics or you can kiss your troll account goodbye.

Dec 15, 2011
constantly assuming the moral high ground after his frequent failures will never cease to amaze me. Are shame or humility in your vocabulary? You continue to speak down to others as though they are morally repugnant. This is not the behaviour of someone who has learned from their mistakes.
Careful there, @matt404au, keep talking like that and you may find yourself on some sort of list before long..
I fully support deplatforming when it's necessary.

Noboru Wataya

Bored at work, horned up to the gills
Jul 8, 2016
Northern Ireland, UK
The term “safe space” still cracks me up to this day. The demands of a bitch cult.

Dear white people, seppuku is the only option to cleanse your white guilt. For those without a knife, drink from the koolaid.

Last edited:

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
The thing is not that it exist but rather why it exist. To counter this with racism is a way to easy and naive answer in the end.

You need to consider areas, you need to consider crime statistics you need to consider how these people act. For example If I would get showed in a Phone camera in my face while doing my job I would also be more agressive. I have seen video in which these so called innocent people were acting vile and fucking rude to people doing their jobs. If you hink that there is constitutional racism going on that you are wrong.

I fully support deplatforming when it's necessary.
These are fascist methods. So you support fascism? Never become what you despise.

Platforming does not make you better because you believe to stand on the right side of history just like Hitler back then believed this. Just like Erdogan now believes this. they all justified their actions with them believing of doing the right things for mankind.

Last edited:

Johnny Silver

Neo Member
Oct 24, 2018

The nostalgia, those were the days.

And thanks for making me feel old. :messenger_confused:

Last edited:

Lionel Richie

Jun 22, 2014
What he is saying is "everything bad that happens to black people, is white people's fault".

And that white people as a whole, should repent, feel ashamed and hold everybody accountable (meaning you have to confront and bully other white people when you perceived they are being racist, and this type of people thinks EVERYTHING is racist).
I don't think he's saying that. If you want to reduce the whole thing to a single sentence it would be more like "bad shit happens to black people and white people maybe could help". Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with his sentiment, but it's an interesting one that maybe could lead us to reaching a

Middle ground!

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
The thing is not that it exist but rather why it exist. To counter this with racism is a way to easy and naive answer in the end.

You need to consider areas, you need to consider crime statistics you need to consider how these people act. For example If I would get showed in a Phone camera in my face while doing my job I would also be more agressive. I have seen video in which these so called innocent people were acting vile and fucking rude to people doing their jobs. If you hink that there is constitutional racism going on that you are wrong.

These are fascist methods. So you support fascism? Never become what you despise.

Platforming does not make you better because you believe to stand on the right side of history just like Hitler back then believed this. Just like Erdogan now believes this. they all justified their actions with them believing of doing the right things for mankind.
So police brutality is ok because it happens in places with high crime? And how they act? Yes, let the police bludgeon or shoot to death folks because they're rude...

There are many videos showing POC not even BEING rude or aggressive being beaten by cops... There's video of cops shooting people (POC and white) who posed NO threat to anyone.

This video shows just a few examples... And there's more. The last one shows a black man being followed by a cop for no reason...

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Whatever happened to being better?
OMG! One instance of him being irresponsible (none of us know why he stayed behind other than being in the strip club) and that translates to "why not be better?"

Have you NEVER done anything stupid or slightly irresponsible as an adult? Nothing that you realized was a mistake because of a woman, money, or whatever?

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
So police brutality is ok because it happens in places with high crime? And how they act? Yes, let the police bludgeon or shoot to death folks because they're rude...
No it is not ok. But the notion that the police is racist is just naive and will not help resolve the issues. In eras with more crime especially violent ones of course Police officers are more aware ad wlil act faster. It is still their life after all. And when you live in a country like America with these gun laws and possible EVERYONE can point a gun at you at ANYTIME then you are more careful and strict. Especially in these eras with a lot of crime

T think that the police is racist and that they are your enemy while in reality they are the only one who even try to keep it more save in certain areas is counter productive. You will never win a lot of support from rational people when you try to set the police up as racist.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
No it is not ok. But the notion that the police is racist is just naive and will not help resolve the issues. In eras with more crime especially violent ones of course Police officers are more aware ad wlil act faster. It is still their life after all. And when you live in a country like America with these gun laws and possible EVERYONE can point a gun at you at ANYTIME then you are more careful and strict. Especially in these eras with a lot of crime

T think that the police is racist and that they are your enemy while in reality they are the only one who even try to keep it more save in certain areas is counter productive. You will never win a lot of support from rational people when you try to set the police up as racist.
Before I respond... And my time is limited because I am almost at work ... Did you watch the video?

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Have you NEVER done anything stupid or slightly irresponsible as an adult? Nothing that you realized was a mistake because of a woman, money, or whatever?
I've learned when it's appropriate to stay out of potentially bad situations. Why can't he just admit he shouldn't have been there? Why is it always so hard to look in the mirror. I feel the same way about the Sterling Brown incident.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Before I respond... And my time is limited because I am almost at work ... Did you watch the video?
Again these are shitty people but if you try to condem this on the police even suggesting the police is racist is ridiculous. The police does not go out and hunts don minority people. Also this video is as usefull as me seeking out videos that show migrants being absolute vile and assholes , breaking the border destroying public and private property etc.

Again I do not deny these cases exist I am saying that the Police is not racist but people in the police and they are the minority

Last edited:

Cucked SoyBoy

Dec 18, 2018
Just tired of hearing about black people's endless problems. Can't get through one day without hearing this whiny bullshit. Just give it a rest, jfc.

I just don't have it in me to do this much emotional labor.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
I've learned when it's appropriate to stay out of potentially bad situations. Why can't he just admit he shouldn't have been there? Why is it always so hard to look in the mirror. I feel the same way about the Sterling Brown incident.
You lay ALL the blame on the dude... AND Sterling Brown? I just saw the video of the confrontation between Brown and the cop... Was he wrong for parking like that? Yes. But the officer was wrong for pushing him... That escalated the situation.

Have you ever been in a situation where you're afraid for your life? I have been. When you're afraid like that... You don't think logically. You can say how you'd react or act in a tense situation but all that goes out the window when you're actually IN the situation. His movements and mannerisms show he was afraid for his life. Yes, he's 6'6" but he's also unarmed.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Again these are shitty people but if you try to condem this on the police even suggesting the police is racist is ridiculous. The police does not go out and hunts don minority people. Also this video is as usefull as me seeking out videos that show migrants being absolute vile and assholes , breaking the border destroying public and private property etc.

Again I do not deny these cases exist I am saying that the Police is not racist but people in the police and they are the minority

Never said they were racist because black officers are also the ones who do this stuff... Even against black People and other POC.

Just that they're unnecessarily brutal against POC and white folks (usually poor)...

I'll get to your other comment after work. You have a good day.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Never said they were racist because black officers are also the ones who do this stuff... Even against black People and other POC.

Just that they're unnecessarily brutal against POC and white folks (usually poor)...

I'll get to your other comment after work. You have a good day.
Than this is more rational than other people like BLM are saying etc. It is not really an issue of race but more of class and poverty

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
I keep seeing this being said over and over in this thread and yet it doesn't seem to occur to any of you that the same could easily be said about the white community holding itself accountable. But no its the Black community thats in the wrong without question for some reason. And nobody seems to see the irony or hypocrisy in that attitude.

And I say this as a white guy btw just to be clear.

Thats not how "privilege" works sorry. In fact them being minorities as well as being incredibly physically imposing actually puts them at risk of even greater discrimination and danger because people are more likely to incorrectly assume they are dangerous due to their physical attributes.

This happens all the time though? In just the last 2 years we have numerous stories about people being caught on video being racist as hell and losing their jobs etc etc. Thats not even mentioning the numerous videos and reports of excessive force and police brutality that we regularly see reported in the news in recent years.

So no its not "rare" its pretty damn common at this point. Though I guess that depends what your definition of common is.
NBA players have double privilege being black, and rich. Because of their intimidating size. A cop might be quick to use force on them having nothing to due with race. They should be aware of that, and be extra non-threatening. If a cop does the slightest thing wrong, they can ruin his life afterwards. Darren Wilson had his life ruined, and had to leave his state for merely defending his life against a wild thug trying to kill him. Because of a lie told by the thug’s thug accomplice. The media, and black activists ran with it. Darren Wilson was a cop, and had no privilege, never mind your average middle class to working class White person.

People calling the cops on black people that actually didn’t do nothin’ are just being prudent. It’s not a big deal. And sometimes when White people are caught on video being “racist” towards black people. It’s because the black people start recording after they harass the White person. And nobody cares that you’re supposedly a self loathing White person.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
NBA players have double privilege being black, and rich. Because of their intimidating size. A cop might be quick to use force on them having nothing to due with race. They should be aware of that, and be extra non-threatening. If a cop does the slightest thing wrong, they can ruin his life afterwards. Darren Wilson had his life ruined, and had to leave his state for merely defending his life against a wild thug trying to kill him. Because of a lie told by the thug’s thug accomplice. The media, and black activists ran with it. Darren Wilson was a cop, and had no privilege, never mind your average middle class to working class White person.

People calling the cops on black people that actually didn’t do nothin’ are just being prudent. It’s not a big deal. And sometimes when White people are caught on video being “racist” towards black people. It’s because the black people start recording after they harass the White person. And nobody cares that you’re supposedly a self loathing White person.
Ok... I am finally home and now I can respond to your post which I find wholly offensive. Not that you care in the slightest.

He's big and tall and black so he's already "threatening". No need to do anything. So that, according to your own words, gives a cop the right to escalate the situation and go straight to violent takedowns even when the big black dude isn't doing anything threatening... Except just being in the presence of a cop.

And white people calling the cops on a black person(s) for not doing anything are just being prudent? HOW?! And it's not a big deal? Tell that to Michael Crawford. Those incidents could have (and some probably have) ended up WORSE for the black person (or other POC) who was just BBQ-ing/selling lemonade/bottled water/wearing a backpack/etc.

I've been followed by the cops/store security shopping. I've been pulled over by a cop. I've been threatened by a cop. BUT... I've also been treated fairly by cops (white, Latino and black).

I mentioned that to say this... I always acted like myself... The one time I feared for my life, the cop did what the OTHERS didn't... Saw me as a person.

I understand you have issues with black people given the story you told about growing up in a predominantly black area (can't remember if it was a school or a neighborhood)... But I have to ask... Did YOU act a certain way to offend any of them? Did you say the N-word?

Kids can be cruel but EVERY black person you met was cruel to you? EVERY SINGLE ONE? Because if you say yes, it stretches credibility.

No, I certainly did not lay all the blame on them. But they certainly aren't blameless. Why is it offensive to expect these guys to act like professionals? Or even mature adults?
Not offensive in the least. It seems as if you're speaking in purely theoretical terms.

You're talking about "being professional" as if his DOWN TIME is the same as his WORK time... I can be professional at work... But in my down time, I act silly with my friends or I Josh around with people I'm cool with. You don't act serious all the time, do you?

And how is he supposed to act "professional" when he's (either ball player we've been discussing) confronted with a cop who isn't looking at him as a person but as a threat because of his size and, probably, color? He has no TRAINING in dealing with an armed aggressor to be calm, cool and collected.

Yet, cops seem to be able to talk calmly and rationally to someone waving a machete and arrest them with no violence but can't do that with a tall basketball player?

Which one is supposed to be the professional in that case?

My problem with the situations in these videos is varied.

Why are cops not put through more rigorous training? Why are they not REQUIRED to have a bachelor's in criminal justice? Why are they not REQUIRED to have counseling more than once in a blue moon?

Why are the bad cops (the ones obviously guilty of unlawful violence) not held accountable more often? Why are they not called out by their fellow "good cops" more? (The ones who've done that have had their careers ruined and/or their lives or their families lives threatened because they broke the thin blue line... There were news stories about this in the last few years)

Why do juries so often (except in a few cases) find obviously guilty cops "not guilty"? Is it so hard to find a cop shooting an unarmed, non-threat in the back multiple times who was running away GUILTY?

And no, it's not strictly racism but more classism with a pinch of racism... And yes, black people can be racist towards other black people ... Hence the black cops treating black citizens worse than white citizens.

I'm not painting ALL cops as bad but there are more bad cops than a scant few. And ALL cops need to start treating those bad ones like criminals. Especially when their own body cams show such... Like what happened to the Trinidadian man in Dallas, Botham Jean.

ViceUniverse

Mar 12, 2019

All clown faces are racist. Prove me wrong by not thinking like a racist.

Last edited:

MisterFalcon

Mar 12, 2013
Why do juries so often (except in a few cases) find obviously guilty cops "not guilty"? Is it so hard to find a cop shooting an unarmed, non-threat in the back multiple times who was running away GUILTY?
Mainly because the cases are never quite as simple as presented in the media as the victim being completely innocent. Until someone is handcuffed and searched you cannot know then are unarmed and a non-threat. And if they are running away from one cop they are usually running towards someone else. Another cop or a random bystander that could be taken hostage or otherwise attacked. A jury just has to be convinced the victim could be a threat and that's enough.

Here is a thought experiment: what if everyone, black or white, rich or poor, who is innocent when stopped by the cops follows their instructions to the letter. No running away, refusing to get out the car, being belligerent and keeping your hands in your pocket, just do exactly as the cop asks regardless of the circumstances. Wouldn't that prevent a huge portion of police shootings ?

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Mainly because the cases are never quite as simple as presented in the media as the victim being completely innocent. Until someone is handcuffed and searched you cannot know then are unarmed and a non-threat. And if they are running away from one cop they are usually running towards someone else. Another cop or a random bystander that could be taken hostage or otherwise attacked. A jury just has to be convinced the victim could be a threat and that's enough.

Here is a thought experiment: what if everyone, black or white, rich or poor, who is innocent when stopped by the cops follows their instructions to the letter. No running away, refusing to get out the car, being belligerent and keeping your hands in your pocket, just do exactly as the cop asks regardless of the circumstances. Wouldn't that prevent a huge portion of police shootings ?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/video-shows-nashville-man-running-away-he-s-fatally-shot-n899091

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Walter_Scott

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/17/laquan-mcdonald-chicago-police-officer-trial-jason-van-dyke

These are the cases I'm talking about. They weren't running towards ANYONE ... They were afraid and running away but ended up dead anyway. The last one is the ONLY one of those cases where the cop was found guilty... Yet getting a lower sentence than civilians who did the same.

And there have been people who followed the cops' instructions and STILL wound up in the hospital or the grave because the cop had an itchy trigger finger or saw something that wasn't there. Then there's also this case... and he did what the cop told him... And he wasn't even the person the cop was called for:

This story was in the news all over the place... And the cop said "I don't know" when asked why he shot him.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
Ok... I am finally home and now I can respond to your post which I find wholly offensive. Not that you care in the slightest.

He's big and tall and black so he's already "threatening". No need to do anything. So that, according to your own words, gives a cop the right to escalate the situation and go straight to violent takedowns even when the big black dude isn't doing anything threatening... Except just being in the presence of a cop.

And white people calling the cops on a black person(s) for not doing anything are just being prudent? HOW?! And it's not a big deal? Tell that to Michael Crawford. Those incidents could have (and some probably have) ended up WORSE for the black person (or other POC) who was just BBQ-ing/selling lemonade/bottled water/wearing a backpack/etc.

I've been followed by the cops/store security shopping. I've been pulled over by a cop. I've been threatened by a cop. BUT... I've also been treated fairly by cops (white, Latino and black).

I mentioned that to say this... I always acted like myself... The one time I feared for my life, the cop did what the OTHERS didn't... Saw me as a person.

I understand you have issues with black people given the story you told about growing up in a predominantly black area (can't remember if it was a school or a neighborhood)... But I have to ask... Did YOU act a certain way to offend any of them? Did you say the N-word?

Kids can be cruel but EVERY black person you met was cruel to you? EVERY SINGLE ONE? Because if you say yes, it stretches credibility.

Not offensive in the least. It seems as if you're speaking in purely theoretical terms.

You're talking about "being professional" as if his DOWN TIME is the same as his WORK time... I can be professional at work... But in my down time, I act silly with my friends or I Josh around with people I'm cool with. You don't act serious all the time, do you?

And how is he supposed to act "professional" when he's (either ball player we've been discussing) confronted with a cop who isn't looking at him as a person but as a threat because of his size and, probably, color? He has no TRAINING in dealing with an armed aggressor to be calm, cool and collected.

Yet, cops seem to be able to talk calmly and rationally to someone waving a machete and arrest them with no violence but can't do that with a tall basketball player?

Which one is supposed to be the professional in that case?

Why are cops not put through more rigorous training? Why are they not REQUIRED to have a bachelor's in criminal justice? Why are they not REQUIRED to have counseling more than once in a blue moon?

Why are the bad cops (the ones obviously guilty of unlawful violence) not held accountable more often? Why are they not called out by their fellow "good cops" more? (The ones who've done that have had their careers ruined and/or their lives or their families lives threatened because they broke the thin blue line... There were news stories about this in the last few years)

And no, it's not strictly racism but more classism with a pinch of racism... And yes, black people can be racist towards other black people ... Hence the black cops treating black citizens worse than white citizens.

I'm not painting ALL cops as bad but there are more bad cops than a scant few. And ALL cops need to start treating those bad ones like criminals. Especially when their own body cams show such... Like what happened to the Trinidadian man in Dallas, Botham Jean.
I’ve been pulled over by the cops. My brother was even threatened by cops. This cop said if I would have shot you it would have been justified. We didn’t cry about it, and say cops are racist towards White people. I’m sorry blacks steal at high rates, and you have to deal with the consequences. If a person or group of people came in my store looking like thugs. I would keep an eye on them, and you would too.

I’m not the biggest fan of cops by the way. There have been cases where they brutalize, murder blacks, and Whites. You are biased when you say it’s systemic racism against blacks. It’s not, cops kill more White people in almost every scenario.

I never called blacks nigger growing up. I was oblivious to race until black kids introduced me to it by calling me cracker, White boy, and shit like that.

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/video-shows-nashville-man-running-away-he-s-fatally-shot-n899091

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/17/laquan-mcdonald-chicago-police-officer-trial-jason-van-dyke

These are the cases I'm talking about. They weren't running towards ANYONE ... They were afraid and running away but ended up dead anyway. The last one is the ONLY one of those cases where the cop was found guilty... Yet getting a lower sentence than civilians who did the same.

And there have been people who followed the cops' instructions and STILL wound up in the hospital or the grave because the cop had an itchy trigger finger or saw something that wasn't there. Then there's also this case... and he did what the cop told him... And he wasn't even the person the cop was called for:

This story was in the news all over the place... And the cop said "I don't know" when asked why he shot him.
Probably not a good idea to run from the cops...

MisterFalcon

Mar 12, 2013

That's why I said 'a huge portion' and not 'all' police shootings would have been prevented. The first three to start with.

The last case is a huge fuckup by a cop who is even on the SWAT team and shoots the wrong person from a very short distance. The person not dropping the shiny object they thought was a gun was mentally handicapped but to a jury they just have to show that at that moment the cop did not know that and it looked enough like a gun.

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
Well, all I got from the text was that Kyle Korver feels privileged to be white, for the following reasons:
1) most NBA fans are white
2) there is a large incarceration gap between white and black males

#1 is a weird reason to feel privileged about, #2 is understandable, but then, male - female incarceration gap is 6 times bigger than the racial gap (something I was pointing out on pre-showergate GAF), so proponents of the approach would need to conclude women are the privileged gender in US.

There is absolutely zero reason to hate your own race.
Well, depends on what we call "reason".

Ultimately, there is no rational reason to have any sort of racial bias. I.e. you shouldn't treat/assess someone better, just because he has the same skin color/racial traits as yourself.
But we are just humans.

The main conclusion that you can draw from this pic, assuming it's correct (I struggle to find the source, the fact that in-group bias is universal is hardly surprising) is that guilt cultivated in white liberal circles has slightly beaten and even conservatives/moderates look affected:

Jon Neu

Jan 21, 2018
Republic of Catalonia
I don't think he's saying that. If you want to reduce the whole thing to a single sentence it would be more like "bad shit happens to black people and white people maybe could help". Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with his sentiment, but it's an interesting one that maybe could lead us to reaching a

Middle ground!
Seems to me that you don't have a lot of experience when it comes to SJW and they rhetoric.

He's not searching for middle ground, he explicity says that white people should feel guilty because blacks are oppressed by white people. He is telling the tale of victims and opressors, of good and bad. And he even puts himself in the bad camp because he is white, therefore he could never be 100% good. This is exactly the way they think: whites are eternal opressors and blacks are eternal victims.

And he gives a ridiculous personal example about a teammate that confronted a police officer calling him "midget" and basically being confrontative against cops.

If you act like an asshole towards cops, they are not going to be nice to you. It has nothing to do with the fact that you are black, it has everything to do with the fact that you don't respect authority. If a cop tells you to get the hell out of a crime scene in which a fellow black NBA player was stabbed by another black man (funny how violence between blacks wasn't that important for the identitarian politics), you don't confront the police, you simply get out of the fucking crime scene. If you think a cop was rude, you fill a complaint, you don't retort to insult him and provoke him because that would only get you in trouble, not because you are black, but because you act like an asshole.

But for Kyle Korver, thinking that a teammate being in a club at night between games is a bad example, makes him racist. Because for this people, everything is racist.

And it's funny how he didn't say anything about Pero Antic, a white teammate who was with Sefolosha that night and that got arrested too. And he didn't say anything because that would make the narrative of blacks as victims and whites as opressors crumble.

Enygger_Tzu

Jul 7, 2018
The one who wrote this book and those who commend it, are in the right, and there is only one statement that can make them true to their convictions.

Repatriate to Africa! If YT is so oppressing you, go back to your home country and thrive there without him!

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
That's why I said 'a huge portion' and not 'all' police shootings would have been prevented. The first three to start with.

The last case is a huge fuckup by a cop who is even on the SWAT team and shoots the wrong person from a very short distance. The person not dropping the shiny object they thought was a gun was mentally handicapped but to a jury they just have to show that at that moment the cop did not know that and it looked enough like a gun.
Except the caregiver (the black guy) was trying to tell the cop the man was mentally handicapped and he has no weapon.

And how are you on SWAT and shoot the person that haven't deemed a threat? That's like SWAT shooting the hostage in a bank instead of the bank robber.

And how does running away from the cops give them license to shoot them in the back? That's against the law ... This isn't the movies.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017

I agree even with most of it. Yes you need better trained police officer and yes the ones acting unlawfully should be held more often accountable in the end. The problem is that Cops today are being stigmatized and generalized And when they speak up or protest like I think the NEw York cops did by turning their back to some speaker (forgot the name) they got even more villainized. News Media is stigmatizing cops. You can even see this in the video game industry in which spideman helping cops was called pro police agenda and defined as something terrible. Hell even after the fergusson riots when they helped citizen with food and water etc. They got villainized by the media.

I think to bring chance it needs effort from both parties in needs more situations of just talking instead of shouting and insulting It does not help when people telling their kids that cops are bad. We need an actual discourse and the few who try this even get villainized as cop apologizer.

Also I have to apologize since I thought you were one of these " all police is racist" people. Rally Sorry about that.

#1 is a weird reason to feel privileged about, #2 is understandable, but then, male - female incarceration gap is 6 times bigger than the racial gap (something I was pointing out on pre-showergate GAF), so proponents of the approach would need to conclude women are the privileged gender in US.
Which they clearly are

Last edited:

Trey

Mar 3, 2010

This mentality is the exact reason Korver felt the desire to write this op-ed. It's rife with thinly veiled language and double standards that dehumanizes black people. In your final sentence you call him "a self loathing white person," while every preceding sentence you only justify his stance.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
This mentality is the exact reason Korver felt the desire to write this op-ed. It's rife with thinly veiled language and double standards that dehumanizes black people. In your final sentence you call him "a self loathing white person," while every preceding sentence you only justify his stance.
There is no justification to be self loathing.

Lionel Richie

Jun 22, 2014
Seems to me that you don't have a lot of experience when it comes to SJW and they rhetoric.

He's not searching for middle ground, he explicity says that white people should feel guilty because blacks are oppressed by white people. He is telling the tale of victims and opressors, of good and bad. And he even puts himself in the bad camp because he is white, therefore he could never be 100% good. This is exactly the way they think: whites are eternal opressors and blacks are eternal victims.

And he gives a ridiculous personal example about a teammate that confronted a police officer calling him "midget" and basically being confrontative against cops.

If you act like an asshole towards cops, they are not going to be nice to you. It has nothing to do with the fact that you are black, it has everything to do with the fact that you don't respect authority. If a cop tells you to get the hell out of a crime scene in which a fellow black NBA player was stabbed by another black man (funny how violence between blacks wasn't that important for the identitarian politics), you don't confront the police, you simply get out of the fucking crime scene. If you think a cop was rude, you fill a complaint, you don't retort to insult him and provoke him because that would only get you in trouble, not because you are black, but because you act like an asshole.

But for Kyle Korver, thinking that a teammate being in a club at night between games is a bad example, makes him racist. Because for this people, everything is racist.

And it's funny how he didn't say anything about Pero Antic, a white teammate who was with Sefolosha that night and that got arrested too. And he didn't say anything because that would make the narrative of blacks as victims and whites as opressors crumble.
Listen, I get what you're saying and like I said, I don't necessarily agree with Korver. I do think however that he lives in a pretty unique situation considering he's a white guy that is part of a predominantly black work environment. He lives an unique situation that I can pretty much guarantee none of us go through. It's interesting in an empirical point of view, this is not your random danger hair ranting online without any knowledge of the situation. Maybe it's a misguided knowledge, but an unique one nonetheless and maybe we could eventually come to a reasonable conclusion if we stop reacting viscerally to shit.

Point is, his view on this subject has value because of his experience. You don't have to agree with it, but to dismiss it completely it's an even bigger mistake.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Jan 21, 2018
Republic of Catalonia
Listen, I get what you're saying and like I said, I don't necessarily agree with Korver. I do think however that he lives in a pretty unique situation considering he's a white guy that is part of a predominantly black work environment. He lives an unique situation that I can pretty much guarantee none of us go through. It's interesting in an empirical point of view, this is not your random danger hair ranting online without any knowledge of the situation. Maybe it's a misguided knowledge, but an unique one nonetheless and maybe we could eventually come to a reasonable conclusion if we stop reacting viscerally to shit.

Point is, his view on this subject has value because of his experience. You don't have to agree with it, but to dismiss it completely it's an even bigger mistake.
He hasn't offered anything regardless the NBA being predominantly black (do you think there isn't racism against whites in the NBA locker rooms or in the games?), he literally has said his job is predominantly white because the fans are white, which is ridiculous but convenient for the tale of self-loath and magical privilege he wants to tell and guilt every white person into its dogma.

He even calls himself racist for thinking that is bad that a teammate goes to a club at night when you have to play a game the next day. His level of self loathing is just possible when your mind is clearly colluded by the SJW ideology of whites = eternal opressors and blacks = eternal victims. He is provenly omitting facts that don't suit the history he wants to tell because he wants to tell a tale, not an objective experience.

Wimbledon

Dec 7, 2018
I would love to read an article about how White athletes, work and deal in a predominant black space.

Because this level of Self-loathing, and mental gymnastics that he's going through is actually sad to read.

It's almost like he's afraid to give an opinion , and that he hates himself for thinking certain ways , when the opinion or thought shouldn't be seen as malicious. But completely normal or rational for anybody.

I wonder how his fellow contemporaries would react if his opinion deviated even a little from what has become an acceptable thing. Would they have a discussion with him or outcast him?:unsure: Cause i'm sure they would not reciprocate those same feelings.

Because this reads like he apologizes for being white, when he has nothing apologize for.

ON THE FANS

The fans are always going to behave belligerent i thought what tyler Herro went through was even more malicious and all he did was choose a school to play at. He isn't the only one.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826435-you-can-hate-tyler-herro-all-you-want-but-its-hard-to-hate-his-game

The level of insecurity with Black athletes is getting out of hand. Especially when i read there getting calls from there moms, or they compare playing at Utah like it's a Zoo. Im not saying they can't voice there dislike for things going on, but they need to realize that they are glorified entertainers, your in the same boat as any other athlete on the face of this earth there experience is not exclusive to a specific race.

They have a love hate relationship with fans, and they get paid millions for it. Anyone of those belligerent fans would trade places with you in a heartbeat. They should realize they have talents that a lot of people don't have, an stop wearing there feelings on there sleeves.

Last edited:

Lionel Richie

Jun 22, 2014
He hasn't offered anything regardless the NBA being predominantly black (do you think there isn't racism against whites in the NBA locker rooms or in the games?), he literally has said his job is predominantly white because the fans are white, which is ridiculous but convenient for the tale of self-loath and magical privilege he wants to tell and guilt every white person into its dogma.

He even calls himself racist for thinking that is bad that a teammate goes to a club at night when you have to play a game the next day. His level of self loathing is just possible when your mind is clearly colluded by the SJW ideology of whites = eternal opressors and blacks = eternal victims. He is provenly omitting facts that don't suit the history he wants to tell because he wants to tell a tale, not an objective experience.
Thing is, what I or you think about the racism on the NBA locker room doesn't really matter. We haven't been in one. Korver has. While we can only speak in hypothesis, he actually lives that life and he is sharing his view on the subject. He's very much echoing a feeling that's real for those black athletes and while we may not agree with it, we can't outright dismiss it because "his mind is colluded by the SJW ideology". That's being afraid of the argument presented.

SoulChamber

Sep 19, 2018
EDIT: Mods took care of it.
Yeah, good fucking riddance to him.

You racist jerk! Black people by and large take responsibility for everything we do, our kids do and more!

You have no idea what black people do! You are content to look down at us and judge us from your racist echo chamber.

Uncivilized?! Really?! And I didn't forget what you said in that other thread about black people... You hate us so much, go join a racist message board!
I agree. What Fulltilt18 had posted, was absolutely outrageous, & insulting. I also happen to be black myself.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018
There is no such thing as "white privilege" only class privilege, i.e. being rich or poor. Do you honestly think that a rich black Hollywood star or basketball player is less privileged than a middle-class white guy? Of course not! Now I'm not denying that certain black demographics are socio-economically disenfranchised and are having a hard time climbing up the social ladder due to America's generally poor social mobility, but "white privilege" is not a quantifiable empirical measure through which we can explain social inequality.

"White privilege" is a cultish pseudo-notion, an ideological bludgeoning tool in order to emotionally manipulate people into relinquishing their dues by instilling a bad conscience even if their social and economic status is the result of their own merit.

This is how cult-like ideologies work, by instilling into their members a sense of guilt, an uncleanliness or original sin that must be purged by utter and complete subjugation, or as intersectional social justice militants would say, through unconditional allyship. Because that is what "being an ally" entails, to "shut up and listen", meaning to abdicate your critical thinking in order to fulfill other people's demands, no matter how ridiculous. Being an ally implies that you relinquish your persona, your own thoughts and views and turning yourself into a blind follower.

Doing so will net you praise and you will be lauded "courageous" by the followers of the same cultish ideology, like in the OP:

"So stunning, so brave" they will smilingly say, as they reduce you to a second-rate human being. Now there is absolutely nothing courageous about becoming an ally, reducing yourself to the status of a mere sheep by giving up your own critical thought and substituting it with the inherently self-serving views and demands of others. It doesn't take courage to follow, it takes courage to think for yourself and act according to your own reason and goodwill. There is nothing courageous about outing yourself as an ally, because the followers of that cause will embrace you into their warm bosoms loudly clamoring the relinquishment of yourself.

No, you take what is rightfully yours according to your merit and you share what you can spend. You give others what they are due, as you would expect for yourself and you help those who are in need, regardless of their creed or skin-color, gender or sexual orientation. But you certainly don't shut up, you stay true to yourself and you act according to your own free volition.

Because in the end, that is how you show true solidarity, not by being pressured through a false notion of guilt. As a human being and a collective member of humanity, you as a single individual are not any more or any less guilty than others. We all share the same flawed human nature and as such you carry the same burden of the human condition as everybody else. You don't share the guilt and sins of your ancestors, but don't worry you'll make new ones, those are your responsibility. Act accordingly.
Really great post deftly summurizes the concept of white guilt/privilege.