• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evo Soccer 2016 3D Head Scan

Soi-Fong

I'm not sure if this is indicative of the kind of graphics we'll get from PES this year, but goddamn, does this head scan of Neymar look amazing... It seems like they fixed the weird skin shaders the past few PES games have had.

ai2b.jpg

cripterion

How does that look ingame though?
And seeing this and his FIFA 16 representation, yikes...

Konami can suck it, especially with their fuckery on pc.

OCD Guy

Yeah great faces, but pro evo has generally always been quite strong with faces and character models (FIFA player models are always wrong, usually too big, out of proportion etc) but the the illusion breaks with the shitty animation, commentary and lack of licences.

Pro Evo hit its peak on the ps2 days, yes it still had no licences, shitty commentary etc but the gameplay was phenomenal. Still can't believe how badly they fucked up last gen.

Still pes 2015 was the best game in the series in some time, but that's not hard given the previous releases.

Oh and on another unrelated note, how on earth is Adam Bhatti doing P.R for them, he's terrible.

Soi-Fong

Yeah great faces, but pro evo has generally always been quite strong with faces and character models (FIFA player models are always wrong, usually too big, out of proportion etc) but the the illusion breaks with the shitty animation, commentary and lack of licences.

Pro Evo hit its peak on the ps2 days, yes it still had no licences, shitty commentary etc but the gameplay was phenomenal. Still can't believe how badly they fucked up last gen.

Still pes 2015 was the best game in the series in some time, but that's not hard given the previous releases.

Oh and on another unrelated note, how on earth is Adam Bhatti doing P.R for them, he's terrible.

2015 was good. Hopefully 2016 is better.

Genio88

Looks awesome, i've enjoyed PES 2015 so much, even at 720p on XBone, now that is 1080p and with these new faces it will be glorious, even if i'm sure that only a few important players will use tech(like Neymar which is the cover star), most of the players will remain with PES 2015 faces

Curufinwe

I agree 100% with every sentence in this post.

When I got WE8I in 2005 I was amazed at how good some of the likenesses were despite the limitations of the PS2/Xbox gen.

ngower

I'm pretty sure I'll be picking this up regardless (pending catastrophic reviews) as I'm sick of EA's crap in recent games, but I wish they'd release a demo sometime soon.

Alienous

Looks better than any of the faces in MGSV, including photo-scanned Quiet.

They should get the director of Pro Evolution to handle Metal Gear Solid from now on.

LAM09

I'm pretty sure I'll be picking this up regardless (pending catastrophic reviews) as I'm sick of EA's crap in recent games, but I wish they'd release a demo sometime soon.

A demo date will be announced at Gamescom. I expect it to be out sometime in August.

ChanMan

PES 2016 will also have great editing mode (creating kits like you do on PC) this year (with optionfile sharing.

http://www.pesfan.com/blog/2015/07/17/pes-2016-option-file-sharing-announced/

That is great for PS4 owners too bad X1 fans get that shaft, hopefully Microsoft can help with stuff like this in the future.

Also, have kits like on PC will be great but it is still going to be limited on PS4 due to you won't be able to get the exact collars on the kits I believe and no unlimited amounts of kits stored to the game. :(

ngower

A demo date will be announced at Gamescom. I expect it to be out sometime in August.

Yeah, they're pretty good about getting a demo out early, but I'm still eager to try it before I buy. I still play the PES15 demo, despite never having picked up the game proper. Either way, as long as the reviews are 8.0 or higher and Master League is enjoyable, I'm good.

ChanMan

Yeah, they're pretty good about getting a demo out early, but I'm still eager to try it before I buy. I still play the PES15 demo, despite never having picked up the game proper. Either way, as long as the reviews are 8.0 or higher and Master League is enjoyable, I'm good.

Had to play well over 100 demo matches last year before picking up the retail version. Overall last year's PES was really good despite the physicality be off and not enough fouls, hopefully they tweaked that system this year, no excuses.

Top Bottom