• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Tekken player Tanukana released from eSports team following inappropriate comments about short men

nush

Gold Member
Like my dad away says "in the bed height means shit"

True, if you're banging a much smaller woman you need to remember to pull the pillow down the bed a bit or you'll be smashing your face into the headboard while your smashing her.

ZoukGalaxy

Please don't make this place purple with this kind of nobodycares thread.
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
My exact thought when I read this:

“With her remarks during the stream, Tanukana reportedly targeted short men. "Men who are under 170 cm (5 ft 6.9 in) don’t have human rights,” is the quote that landed the player in hot water, …”

But then I read this part:

“…and Kotaku reports that she also went on to say that those below said height should consider bone-lengthening surgery.”

I mean; it’s not hard to look down on those men, but it got kinda cringy there. I stand with (and head and shoulders above) my short humans.

I take back what I said then. What a moron.

TheKratos

Being short sucks ass. I’m 5”6 it’s tough as hell but thankfully being witty and charming as fuck helps; oh and making good money. That said, look people can lose weight and shit we can’t gain height. It be what it be.
You get bonus 5 inches if you're rich.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
You can say ‘I prefer taller man’ or you can be a PoS and say it like she did. Actions have consequences.
No need to get short with her. There are things going on in current events that frankly dwarf this entirely. I mean, it was kind of a Dopey remark for her to make publicly, but she probably assumed most people could take a joke without feeling the need to shave a bit off the top. Guess her expectations fell short of the reality, though. Maybe she can work her back up on some smaller tourneys. She's a good e-sports person, everyone worth a damn has a few mini set backs like this. Next time she'll definitely watch to make sure she doesn't make any microagressions. Even tiny ripples can make tsunamis.

Go home, Dinklage. I'm a tenth of a centimeter over the human right limit, you'll take my terrible puns and enjoy them, subhuman.

Lethal01

Let’s not pretend that’s ALL cancel culture is about. Not even close.

All I said was that people scream cancel culture anytime someone fucks up and faces consequences these days. Nothing you've said goes against that. Never said people haven't cancelled for silly stuff although we would probably disagree on which ones are fair.

This girl decided to declare on camera that several groups didn't deserve human rights and others should kill themselves. The company was definitely in the right to fire her and she definitely can't complain about people telling her to go fuck herself back. She's not being sent to prison or anything, people just don't want to associate with her right now.

93xfan

Banned
All I said was that people scream cancel culture anytime someone fucks up and faces consequences these days. Nothing you've said goes against that. Never said people haven't cancelled for silly stuff although we would probably disagree on which ones are fair.

This girl decided to declare on camera that several groups didn't deserve human rights and others should kill themselves. The company was definitely in the right to fire her and she definitely can't complain about people telling her to go fuck herself back. She's not being sent to prison or anything, people just don't want to associate with her right now.

Yeah, I don’t think this is cancel culture. I see the distinction.

I simply wanted to point out that those that dismiss it altogether for the reasons stated, are missing some major points. It can and certainly has chilled well meaning people’s speech.

SeraphJan

To those guys that defended her, I wish to know your opinion

Do you think if the gender is reversed, will girls defend the guy?

Last edited:

Boglin

To those guys that defended her, I wish to know your opinion

Do you think if the gender is reversed, will girls defend the guy?
Yeah , I think a lot of girls would defend the guy and I've actually met several women in my life who enjoy jokes.

But seriously, there are also a lot guys who are attacking her and I really don't see this as an issue between the sexes. IMO, the issue is more about sensitive people deciding to pour all of their spare energy into searching for things to be pissed about.
But the sponsors still had every right to drop her ass. They don't want their business to be associated with someone who has such an openly controversial sense of humor which is their prerogative and I'd probably feel the same if I were in their position.

GymWolf

Woman can be very shallow when it comes to looks but they complain about injustice when men do the same thing lol

Most women want to be with a man that they perceive to be a leader or dominate, that is why they care so much about height.
Whoever think that women are less shallow than men probably never met a woman in real life.

SeraphJan

According to AvoidingThePuddle, she is one of the famous shit talker in Japan, she did just got banned because of this.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

She also said these stuff

And this is her attitude when she said that short men thing, although no translation

Last edited:

tassletine

I'm pretty sure she's kidding and even if she's not, it's impossible to take her seriously as the comments are so provocative -- It's clearly done for a reaction.

She's most likely one of those people who got the piss taken out of her when she was younger and sees humour only from that perspective (You have to be punching down). Never jokes, only kids.

Last edited:

FingerBang

A woman online saying in a very provocative way that women don't like short men, or better, that women on average would like a guy that is a lot taller than she is. I'm not impressed.

Where's the streamer saying that guys with dick shorter than 16cm don't have human rights? You want to watch the world burn, sister? Do it properly.

ClosBSAS

Lmao imagine this thread on reeetardeeera, they would be going crazy.

Either way, there are ways to say things. I mean, girls on tinder say it all the time, they prefer tall guys.

JackSparr0w

Banned
It's ironic because she looks like an ugly ass goblin herself. I hope vertically challenged bros don't pay any attention to what people like her say.

The two biggest players I knew during my college life were just below the height average. The least successful guy with the ladies was tall and awkward as fuck which I bet is what most of the tall guys in this thread are like.

Last edited:

Dorago

I know I'm about 15 years late with this comment but they shouldn't fire anyone for being "controversial." Controversy generates traffic which generates revenue. Anger makes eyes stick more too.

Lognor

Banned
That's hilarious.

There is a war against short men and I'm here for it. I made a comment on reddit last week about short men and all the short guys ganged up against me. lol

Boss Man

As a short dude, I’d rather not be a part of the protected/degenerate class thank you. My life is awesome and I don’t need to be protected from this flat-faced lady’s 4ch insults.

Last edited:
Top Bottom