• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Product Placement: "Is that a PS Vita?"

Eric C

video_2013126215421x5cqufu.gif

"Have a seat."

Kevin Spacey: "Is that a PS Vita? Which games does he have?"

"All of them."

Kevin Spacey: "I have a console at home I play sometimes to relax. I oughta get one of these for the car."

Yeah, the gif is from the Netflix show House of Cards.
Z5NfodG.png

Empty

there's more product placement from sony in there. spacey plays killzone 3 at one point.

it'd be okay if it wasn't awkwardly placed in dialogue like that. the design of the vita and sony stuff fits the slick, polished aesthetic of the show really well, just like the iphones you see on screen do.

Tagg9

Vita redeemed?

Honestly, I don't think they're going after the right audience here. House of Cards is a political drama. You want to be on something like Walking Dead.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
"all of them" lol... that's too easy to fuck with
The real story here is that North America has seen so few PSV releases so far that "all of them" isn't actually that absurd!

Haunted

I wish I could believe this is just the writers trying to include some throwaway natural sounding conversation referencing real pop culture into their script and there's no financial motive for this.

I sincerely wish I could.

totowhoa

Banned
there's more product placement from sony in there. spacey plays killzone 3 at one point.

it'd be okay if it wasn't awkwardly placed in dialogue like that. the design of the vita and sony stuff fits the slick, polished world of the show really well, just like the iphones you see on screen do.

Yeah the dialogue sounds a little out of place but I haven't seen that scene yet. I've only watched (part of) episode one. Fell asleep on the couch because I was watching it so late. Going to pick it back up tonight

I'll take this over "Bing it".

the worst

Pistolero

lol. I love these shameless product placements.

Finding product placements in recreational TV shows shameless while writing on a forum on the subject of entertainement devices made by multinational corporations is...mindblwing!

To hell with subtelty, if I were Sony, I'd find a way to put a Vita in an episode of Spartacus!

JaxJag

Banned
He probably was genuinely surprised to see someone with a Vita. I know personally I've never met a single person who owns a vita.

GavinGT

Banned
This is the kind of shit Sony needs to be doing. But, for God's sake, keep it out of serious dramatic shows. I haven't watched this show yet and this has seriously impacted my expectations.

"It's so great not being beholden to television executives." Yeah, then you have to shoehorn shit like this in there.

So Microsoft dropped the Gold requirement for Netflix for the weekend just to have Playstation product placement pushed at their users?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
This is the kind of shit Sony needs to be doing. But, for God's sake, keep it out of serious dramatic shows. I haven't watched this show yet and this has seriously impacted my expectations.

So what they need to be doing, marketing-wise, is something that actually turns you off an entire show because it's a few seconds of product placement. Where would you prefer it? Nick Jr.?

GavinGT

Banned
Let me just get this clear: what they need to be doing, marketing-wise, is something that actually turns you off an entire show because it's a few seconds of product placement.

I thought I was clear. Vita needs product placement, but this seems to be the wrong show for it.

Where would I prefer it? I don't know, Big Bang Theory. I'm sure that would be too costly, though. I just don't believe for a second that Kevin Spacey's character owns and plays a videogame console or even knows what a Vita is.

So Microsoft dropped the Gold requirement for Netflix for the weekend just to have Playstation product placement pushed at their users?

I am liking this new sneaky Sony.

First lying about letting MS go first and this. I guess the Sony ninjas have moved from legal to marketing.

Top Bottom