• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton 2 Viral Marketing Bombshell: The Twitter Account Wasn't Real :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wii Will Rock U said:
Seriously, what do I have to do to keep my account? I'm so upset at myself right now.
They would've done something by now. EviLore and Scarlet are both on.

CO_Andy said:
1z3tcvl.jpg

You couldn't of chosen a worse avatar to represent yourself :lol

I think it's safe to say you'll be spared a banning for at least pimping a GAF-approved sleeper title.
I pray this is true. Literally. I am going to PRAY that this is what happens tonight.

There's so much about this place I would miss and there are so many people I genuinely love talking to.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
i dont really care about layton and i never heard of this twitter before now, but i think wii will rock u deserves a cool tag. isn't this a pretty good achievement? didnt he do a good job? didnt he put in a lot of effort? sounds like it to me.

plus he made this which also took effort, planning, and time. lotsa haters round here, when the attitude should be

24v8ciw.png

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Wii Will Rock U said:
I pray this is true. Literally. I am going to PRAY that this is what happens tonight.

There's so much about this place I would miss and there are so many people I genuinely love talking to.

If you love GAF that much, why did you think it would be a good idea to create a fake twitter, and pimp it out yourself? You should have known better :lol

Wii Will Rock U said:
Thank you so much for calming my mind. I don't think people get how much I care for GAF.

Maybe you care for GAF too much. Though, to be honest, if the MODs haven't banned you yet, you seem as good as safe.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Wii Will Rock U said:
So what do I have to do to keep my GAF account? I love this place.

I don't want this mistake to cost me my internet love.
New e-mail account and start building your reputation again =P.

Kandrick said:
If you love GAF that much, why did you think it would be a good idea to create a fake twitter, and pimp it out yourself? You should have known better :lol
And that's where I admit I was an idiot.

I genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, apologize for the entire thing.

If you all have a problem with me editing out the links in my old posts, I'll put them back the way they were.

Really, I can't stress enough how much I care for GAF.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
no man leave 'em up. seriously, you should be rewarded for this, these are just the layton fans knee-jerk reaction. there's was nothing wrong with pimping it either like that; how else were ppl gonna find out about it. the self-praise is a bit embarrassing, but if anyone else had the motivation to go through the trouble, they'd have done the same thing.

What the hell is this? Why are you viral advertising Nintendo games for free? Why? Seriously, my mind is blown over the lenghts fanboys will go. And I thought you were a pretty cool guy too!

And then you brag about it, but now you're begging like a baby not to be banned. How utterly pathetic this thread, and your other thread in particular, is.

Holy shit, wow.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
FoxHimself said:
What the hell is this? Why are you viral advertising Nintendo games for free? Why? Seriously, my mind is blown over the lenghts fanboys will go. And I thought you were a pretty cool guy too!

And then you brag about it, but now you're begging like a baby not to be banned. How utterly pathetic this thread, and your other thread in particular, is.

Holy shit, wow.

Pretty much what I'm thinking. :lol

On one hand, I feel for you. You did something stupid and then added layers of stupid on top of it. It was like a stupid cake. And now you're eating it.

On the other hand, I feel your intentions also hang you. Because, seriously? You thought you needed to raise awareness of a international multi-million selling game? The game is HUGE in Japan and Europe, it doesn't exactly do badly here. The only people who cared about the twitter were Layton fans who thought they might be learning something cool straight from the source, not a glorified fanfic.

Also, your intentions to pimp your own stupid prank kind of piss me off.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ah, I feel bad for Wii. Hopefully it's not too long a ban. :(

...but still, this entire debacle was just plain weird.

Firestorm

(neutral) Wii Will Rock U
Banned
(Today, 09:26 PM)
Reply | Quote
Ouch.

Although looking at his topic history he's been on thin ice. Surprised he didn't read the ToS after his topic about an mp3 site got closed.

Guled

wtf, why was he banned. He should be congratulated for creating such an awesome viral marketing campaign. This most likely created more hype for Layton 2 then anything Nintendo has done so far

Good riddance, I say. Seriously, what the hell was this? What a terrible, terrible idea.

Edit: I bet he's crying now, with all the apparent love he has for the boards and judging from the Iwata thread where he posted that video :lol

Firestorm

Guled said:
wtf, why was he banned. He should be congratulated for creating such an awesome viral marketing campaign. This most likely created more hype for Layton 2 then anything Nintendo has done so far
Viral Marketing isn't allowed on GAF. I think you're supposed to tell EvilLore if you're going to be representing a company at all on this site - officially or unofficially.

That or it's his constant pimping of his website which is written in bold on the ToS.

Jonnyram

Guled said:
Maybe it was the official E3 thread that turned out to have a ton of links to his site?

FoxHimself said:
Good riddance, I say. Seriously, what the hell was this? What a terrible, terrible idea.

:lol I think the funniest thing was that he was doing viral marketing for free. And I can't believe I actually posted in his original thread just to tell him that Layton was not a Nintendo owned IP (which I actually had to end up proving because he said it was).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AranhaHunter said:
:lol I think the funniest thing was that he was doing viral marketing for free. And I can't believe I actually posted in his original thread just to tell him that Layton was not a Nintendo owned IP (which I actually had to end up proving because he said it was).

:lol

Well this thread was a barrel of laughs

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Firestorm said:
Viral Marketing isn't allowed on GAF. I think you're supposed to tell EvilLore if you're going to be representing a company at all on this site - officially or unofficially.

ooooooooh. hm. i didnt know that. wasnt it just for the hype though? he's not getting anything out of it right?

edit: haha our avatars look funny together

Jonnyram said:
Maybe it was the official E3 thread that turned out to have a ton of links to his site?

Ugh, really? Another nail for the ban hammer then.

I still like to think he's throwing himself at the bed like a dead fish crying like that kid who got his WoW account deleted by his mother.

Actually, visualizing that makes this thread fucking hilarious.

Guled

Firestorm said:

That or it's his constant pimping of his website which is written in bold on the ToS.
aren't official threads for games a kind of viral marketing?

jrricky

Banned
FoxHimself said:
Ugh, really? Another nail for the ban hammer then.

I still like to think he's throwing himself at the bed like a dead fish crying like that kid who got his WoW account deleted by his mother.

Actually, visualizing that makes this thread fucking hilarious.
OMG, now Im visualizing this...

:-/

Top Bottom