• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final) for 3DS

ITA84

The fifth episode in the Layton series has been announced for release on 3DS.

34npdsj.png

2u47l9j.png

9hl2qc.png

1214w1k.png

24q4vo3.png

My brother believes that robot looks pretty much like the one you build in one of the minigames of Puzzle & Action: Tant-R (arcade).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
WHERE IS THE 4th??? I'm not jumping from 3 to 5! >>

Thank you for bringing Layton to the US Nintendo!

duckroll

RurouniZel said:
WHERE IS THE 4th??? I'm not jumping from 3 to 5! >>

Thank you for bringing Layton to the US Nintendo!

It should be noted, this title is NOT listed as a Nintendo of America game, unlike previous Layton games. It is listed as a third party Level 5 title, indicating that After 1-3, Level 5 could be publishing 4-6 in the US and Europe themselves. There is no announcement for the 4th though.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
5th (and 6th obviously) Layton moved from DS to 3DS. Does this mean a sharp support transition from DS to 3DS aka GBA to DS?

That was unexpected (at least for me).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
duckroll said:
It should be noted, this title is NOT listed as a Nintendo of America game, unlike previous Layton games. It is listed as a third party Level 5 title, indicating that After 1-3, Level 5 could be publishing 4-6 in the US and Europe themselves. There is no announcement for the 4th though.

Thanks for the clarification. I do hope they get to announcing the 4th soon after Unwound Future is released.

Mudkips

Banned
ss10.jpg

I'm assuming the crazy arrows are simply a ruse, since any number can trace a patch to any slot.

Given {1 2 3 4 5 + =} you know a few things:

The equation has to be of the form _ _ + _ = _ _.
-- There is no way involve a 3-digit number because it won't fit in the 7 total slots.
-- There is no way to involve 2 two-digit numbers because they won't fit.
-- There is no way to involve 2 one-digit numbers because you won't use all 7 slots.

Since the largest numbers are 4 and 5, we know that you can't have any carry over into the tens column. X4 + 5 = X9. Thus, we have to reuse the tens digit in the two-digit number.

It is after 5 pm.
I cannot solve this.
I feel retarded.

Edit: Maybe it's expecting postfix notation?

Mudkips

Banned
Hey, the description says 1 2 3 4 5 + and -, while the picture shows 1 2 3 4 5 + =.

Did I just spend way too long attempting to solve a non-puzzle?

Top Bottom