• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project ACES (Ace Combat) New Title Teaser Site [Ace Combat Infinity]

demolitio

Man, imagine the amount of terrain detail they could push on the new hardware...Ace Combat always looked amazing to me but it's hard to have a game on such a large scale in terms of terrain that still looks good. The cities in recent Ace Combat games were a huge improvement over previous games and I'd love to see more actual cities with 3D buildings rather than just satellite textures.

Hell, I'm still amazed when I play War Thunder on the PC at just how good some of the maps look terrain-wise. They have a lot of buildings in cities, but they're still very low quality for the most part but they've been getting revamped from the looks of it. There's nothing sexier than flying at 20,000 ft. and getting a glimpse of this gorgeous world below you anytime the clouds break enough to see all the way down.

I play most realistic flight sims now, but Ace Combat has always been an exception. It's what I started on and it's just mindless fun that always entertains me.

Just HD remaster 4/5/0

Most of the works already done and I have my doubts they can even come close to their quality again based on 6 and Assualt Horizon.

It's like free money

Mengetsu

I just finished up a marathon of Ace Combat Zero and The Unsung War and my god I was blown away. The stories are so good and I LOVED ACE COMBAT 4 WITH A PASSION! This needs to be a next gen game and make me happy along with all of us in here.

JoeFenix

I just finished up a marathon of Ace Combat Zero and The Unsung War and my god I was blown away. The stories are so good and I LOVED ACE COMBAT 4 WITH A PASSION! This needs to be a next gen game and make me happy along with all of us in here.

I recently played 4 and have 5 and 0 coming in the mail, would you say both or these games are as good as 4 story wise?

I thought 4 was absolutely perfect, the presentation was so classy! The music was insanely good too, hard for me to believe that 5 and 0 are even better.

Can't wait to get them next week!

Erigu

Infinity makes this kind of a numbered title I guess. It seems to be that way with the teaser sentence too. so no more Russians/Nato lameverse.
And the Japanese version of "our sky fell" actually is "a star fell", so it sounds a lot like Ulysses and the classic Ace Combat world.

cj_iwakura

I recently played 4 and have 5 and 0 coming in the mail, would you say both or these games are as good as 4 story wise?

I thought 4 was absolutely perfect, the presentation was so classy! The music was insanely good too, hard for me to believe that 5 and 0 are even better.

5's a better game, story isn't as good.

0 is a masterpiece.

Gibbo

as long as kobayashi is doing the music again, ill be there day 1. also, more mega ships and air fortresses plz

I personally want them to do a sequel to Electrosphere. But I don't think Namco want to go that far into the future again.

Also, if you have a 3DS, you had better have bought Assault Horizon Legacy.

I personally want them to do a sequel to Electrosphere. But I don't think Namco want to go that far into the future again.

Also, if you have a 3DS, you had better have bought Assault Horizon Legacy.

First remake, then sequel!
The west never got a chance to hear the whole story, just a butchered redux.

Mengetsu

Zero is the grand baby of them. I like the story for 5 as well but, it I hate that most of the missions are ground not enough air stuff for my liking. Make sure you play Zero first then unsung for story.

Zero is the grand baby of them. I like the story for 5 as well but, it I hate that most of the missions are ground not enough air stuff for my liking. Make sure you play Zero first then unsung for story.

Hmmm, I personally wouldn't suggest that. Zero is a prequel and it was purposedly released after 5.
There are ceratin details that would be more appreciated by playing Zero after Unsung War, like
when the nuclear detonations of which you only heard about actually happen in front of your eyes and the final boss music!

Mengetsu

Hmmm, I personally wouldn't suggest that. Zero is a prequel and it was purposedly released after 5.
There are ceratin details that would be more appreciated by playing Zero after Unsung War, like
when the nuclear detonations of which you only heard about actually happen in front of your eyes and the final boss music!

Well that's true too and yes that music my god so good!

AmyS

My favorite was AC5: The Unsung War. I loved things like having 3 other fighters with you, no other AC game since had that. The number of missions/overall length of the game. The story, and of course, the Arkbird.

Loved AC4: Shattered Skies too.

Even liked some aspects of AC6: Fires of Liberation. The large-scale battles / the massive scope of the missions with multiple operations, and allied support.

Really disliked Assault Horizon like most.

I have high hopes for AC Infinity. Been playing AC since before PlayStation existed, ever since Air Combat hit arcades in 1992 or '93. Maybe Namco would be kind enough to include it and arcade Air Combat 22.

Praying this is a next-gen PS4/One game, but would still be happy if it was cross-gen.

glaurung

I already feel betrayed. Some might remember my insanely hyped-up posting from the Ace Combat Assault Horizon threads. I really thought we would get a proper HD Ace Combat game. I never truly disliked AC6, but the story bits killed its cool factor, dead.

I bought and played Assault Horizon at launch. I found it lacking in every respect except for some above average plane models and some of the story bits (though I know I am in a minority with that). I completed the game and I have never gone back. That game was a travesty in the face of old AC games. The only thing that lingers is the soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBX_Bdo3tA&feature=share&list=PL394D73D3DD90F311).

I consider Ace Combat Zero my favorite due to its plane unlock mechanisms and crazy cool storyline.

All in all: I will not get my hopes up for this piece of shit until they give me a demo that alleviates all my worries.

please go back to the scifi plotlines and gameplay of Ace Combat 5!

and release the PS2 HD Collection! :D I will buy it at 60$!

Mengetsu

So beautiful!!!! ;_;

And yes, spoilered because spoilers. Don't listen to it until you finished both 5 and 0.
You never thought that a song could be considered a spoiler right? Think again! :D
Also there ARE spoilers in the comments as usual, but that's to be expected.

I'm not even mad. You are a good person for that and your taste of music. I'm glad I'm not the only one with "The ears" as I like to call it
KuGsj.gif

FOREVER IN MY HEART!!
Ace Combat 4 Shattered Skies
Mission 8 Comona

"A yellow's hit and trailing smoke! Whose kill was that?!"
13: "Who shot me?! Was it a ribbon?!

Squire

Banned
I don't think they'd tease this for weeks and then having a site for it if it was a mobile game. Namco usually delivers when doing these things, this isn't Square Enix or Sega.

I was worried, but you're right. Last time they had long-winded tease, it was Soul Calibur V.

SkylineRKR

Assault Horizon was fun until I realized that it was scripted to hell and back, and that there is absolutely nothing to do. No unlocks, no medals or hidden enemies... just nothing.

But since Horizon sort of failed as well, they might go back to the roots. Or they just go iOS and disappoint about everyone.

raven777

At the bandai Namco site, they list this game as consumer game. This means its a console game (including portable systems like Vita or 3DS)

So its not an android, iOS social game.

Amir0x

Banned
oh man it's a new Ace Combat game.

please be traditional AC and I will forever be your man, Namco

*crosses fingers*

EYEL1NER

An HD collection of older games would definitely be cool, as I have not played anything before 6. I would also be happy with an Assault Horizon 2, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Another flight game is going to be appreciated. I already owned AC6 and Assault Horizon for a while, but in the past couple months I have bought Blazing Angels 1 and 2, HAWX 1 and 2, Il2 Sturmovik, Birds of Steel, Damage Inc (with flightstick), an Ace Edge stick (which actually needs to be returned to the eBay seller, because it is NOT in Like New condition), and the fabulous Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy for 3DS.
Not really sure where the desire to play these games came from though...

Top Bottom