• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

User33 said:
Speaking of (probably) fake:

[]http://i56.tinypic.com/2eyw07r.jpg[/img]

Again, probably fake but I thought I'd post it just to get complete confirmation that it's shopped.

super smash bros. third strike

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Iwatas Magic Sports Coat said:
Wouldn't it be awesome if we got an all 2D HD Metroid. and a real Metroid like Super Metroid. not that Other M/Fusion linear BS.
Yes, that would be awesome. I would also like for Cafe to outclass high-end PCs from five years in the future, and come with a pony.

Woffls

User33 said:
Strife means "Heated, often violent dissension; bitter conflict"
Hah, I forgot it was a real word for a minute there. Damn videogames!

My thought process was that if he was in the game, then Nintendo certainly wouldn't put his name in the title. If he's not, then it's cool, and it's actually a half decent title.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
User33 said:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2eyw07r.jpg[img]

Again, probably fake but I thought I'd post it just to get complete confirmation that it's shopped.[/QUOTE]
Super Bevel Emboss?

Vinci

Danish
The one thing I always find interesting from conversations about this new system is that people seem to inevitably always talk about how the controller - or rumors of the controller - indicates that Nintendo is going after the core with it and is abandoning the Wii market. The Bonus Round segment discussed this often: 'Are they abandoning the mainstream market yadda yadda yadda?' And I'm like, "We have no idea what the screen - if there is a screen - is going to be used for. None. Not even a little."

It's obviously like typical things from Nintendo: We won't get it without seeing how they're applying it.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we got an all 2D HD Metroid. and a real Metroid like Super Metroid. not that Other M/Fusion linear BS.

after M:OM I feel the series is going on hiatus and another will take it's place

User33 said:

Again, probably fake but I thought I'd post it just to get complete confirmation that it's shopped.

The way it shows it's an actual HAL game is the biggest tease; it's what Brawl should've been, fuck this clusterfuck of devs bullshit.

Strife's a good name IMO, but the angles of some of the stuff is off, and the copyright info should include all the basic character's companies like Game Freak, Creatures, and whatnot.

Effect

User33 said:

Most likely fake but that would be a good title though.

Boney

Banned
no... just no.

Objective based metroid (F and ZM) is not as elegantly designed as Super, but is still so tightly designed, it makes 99% of designers weep in a corner.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
To be honest I prefer Fusion/ZM sprites than Super Metroid sprites. SM strikes me as the sprites looking a bit bigger and clunkier.

Boney said:
no... just no.

Objective based metroid (F and ZM) is not as elegantly designed as Super, but is still so tightly designed, it makes 99% of designers weep in a corner.

I'm not hating on Fusion (or Other M). I really enjoyed both games. But they aren't classic Metroid.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
User33 said:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2eyw07r.jpg[img]

Again, probably fake but I thought I'd post it just to get complete confirmation that it's shopped.[/QUOTE]
So fake it's real.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I'm not hating on Fusion (or Other M). I really enjoyed both games. But they aren't classic Metroid.

Metroid 1 and Metroid 2 were different molds though. Metroid 3 came in and sort of shifted back to the Metroid 1 handbook. But then again in Metroid Fusion, the team diverted. Fusion may have been linear, but it concentrated more on action. The higher difficulty and plethora of bosses was awesome.

As for Smash Bros. I think Nintendo is going to be spending a lot of time allocating the resources for it. Sakurai nor HAL may be heavily involved.

Boney said:
no... just no.

QFT. Really. The only way that those aren't great games are by comparison to Super, and Super was not without it's problems. Most days I'd rather play Zero Mission because of control issues, but control freak fixes most of those issues. The exposition is unfortunately expected in modern games, as well as the blatant hints about where one is supposed to go next. Sigh.

J-Rock

Banned
Easy_D said:
Dudebro for Smash Bros! Do it, Sakurai!

New-Challenger-Approaching--super-smash-bros--brawl-162129_479_120.jpg

article-1085596-0276CC46000005DC-703_468x382.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
J-Rock said:
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/New-Challenger-Approaching--super-smash-bros--brawl-162129_479_120.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/14/article-1085596-0276CC46000005DC-703_468x382.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Needs more beard! ;p

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PBLuj.png

Bentendo

Maybe Strife isn't the name. Maybe when he took the picture the video was shifting through the names of some of the new characters, and when he took the picture it just so happened to be on Strife.

[Nintex]

That Super Smash Bros. thing is quite fake, Nintendo had to create a new studio, hire Game Arts and get HAL/APE/EAD developers to help out with Brawl but a HD 'next-gen' version of Super Smash Bros. would be developed by just HAL Laboratory a studio known for their high-end 3D work lol

NeonZ

[Nintex] said:
That Super Smash Bros. thing is quite fake, Nintendo had to create a new studio, hire Game Arts and get HAL/APE/EAD developers to help out with Brawl but a HD 'next-gen' version of Super Smash Bros. would be developed by just HAL Laboratory a studio known for their high-end 3D work lol

Only HAL and Nintendo are credited for the game in Smash Bros Brawl's title screen itself though. The other companies are only there for licensed characters, like Pokemon company for Pokemon, Konami for Metal Gear and Sega for Sonic. Game Arts and Monolith aren't listed.

That image is still fake though, of course.

J-Rock

Banned
Knux-Future said:
no lie though a new SmashBros. would make the Cafe a day1 system....

shit is like crack to me.

Hmm. I feel the same way about Pikmin 3

What game would actually make Cafe a day-1 buy for the rest of you guys?

[Nintex] said:
You're funny lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom