• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

Sammy Samusu said:
As for Smash Bros., Sakurai is too busy developing that shooter... Kid Icarus... game. *sigh*

A waste of resource, I wanted it to be an adventure game like Zelda!

Which is why they make Zelda games (such as the remake of that one game everyone loves, which is coming out next month).

Uprising looks pretty good, I'm glad they tried something different with it.

Lupin the Wolf said:
Nope, not really. Some very untrustworthy rumors is all.

I doubt Nintendo sanctioned the leaks. That's not a very "Nintendo" thing to do. Then again, neither is courting third parties, so....who knows, I guess!
Sanctioning leaks isn't something we would know in the first place. They could have been doing it for years.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Sammy Samusu said:
As for Smash Bros., Sakurai is too busy developing that shooter... Kid Icarus... game. *sigh*

A waste of resource, I wanted it to be an adventure game like Zelda!

The body of evidence supports the thesis that the next Smash Bros. will have a new development base. Sakurai I'm sure will be involved as an assistant producer or supervisor I'm sure. But the series needs a stable and adequate resource for the HD/3D gen.

From The Dust said:
Sanctioning leaks isn't something we would know in the first place. They could have been doing it for years.

It's possible, but I doubt it. A lot more information would leak before their announcements if that were the case. Nintendo is famous for being tight-lipped for a reason.

EDIT: They're not like Sony, where ALL their specs or photos for multiple upcoming platforms leak out months in advance of the platform's announcement. Now THAT'S more suspicious for sanctioned leakage.

OMG, Wii Sports Café!
wii2leak.jpg

Didn't some journalist postulate that it might have been the lighting, since Miyamoto was facing towards the huge hot stage lights with his Wiimote?

From The Dust said:
That would require all cell phones and stuff to be shut off

I think the problems Miyamoto had during the Zelda demo were mostly IR problems, they need to have him not face the audience, completely dim the lights and have him face an area away from the audience and any stage lights. I hope they don't try and do any minus-lag demos like Microsoft did.

radioheadrule83 said:
whats the supposed source of this?
I can't imagine why something like this would be circulated. Specs sound nice though and I like the idea of Fox and Wolf as chip codenames, although they don't relate to Cafe in the way that Flipper did to Dolphin, or Hollywood to Broadway...

Secret Metal Gear announcement at E3?

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes-HD, MGS2-HD, and MGS4: Sustenance on Stream day 1! (Not 3, though, so 3DS sales remain strong.)

EDIT: IF it were missing the lowercase "for internal use only" text, it would be more credible. The irony!

VariantX

Haha yeah, be it screenshots or shaky cam footage, its always terrible image or video quality whenever something gets "leaked" out to the general public.

I like how Nintendo circulate slides of specs custom-filled with the precise facts debated in this thread, rather than their perfect unbroken 20 year history of couching technical information away from even their internal communications. They must really love NeoGAF.

Biggzy

acheron_xl said:
Custom blu-ray huh? That sounds both good and bad. Will they announce an add-on that enables BD movie playback?

May be fake. Sounds believable.

I’m 99% certain that Nintendo has gone with Blu-ray for Project Cafe, but no doubt they will disable movie playback so as to avoid paying royalty fees.

VariantX said:
Haha yeah, be it screenshots or shaky cam footage, its always terrible image or video quality whenever something gets "leaked" out to the general public.

People seem to think the same way when they produce a dodgy alien / UFO tape

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bisnic said:
I love how they put "For Internal Use Only" to somehow make it look more real.

3 times, no less.

wsippel

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
whats the supposed source of this?
I can't imagine why something like this would be circulated. Specs sound nice though and I like the idea of Fox and Wolf as chip codenames, although they don't relate to Cafe in the way that Flipper did to Dolphin, or Hollywood to Broadway...
They are both canidae.

Regardless of if its fake or not, that seems very much like the sort of specs we'll get anyway. And you guys talking about the no HDD thing are referring to a Shitaku article. Come on, son.

J-Rock

Banned
If you are going to post rumor info at least post a source link. Last thing we need is a bunch of people shitting up the thread with their own made up info. Hell, most people are confused enough already when it comes to Cafe.

Wolves Evolve said:
I like how Nintendo circulate slides of specs custom-filled with the precise facts debated in this thread, rather than their perfect unbroken 20 year history of couching technical information away from even their internal communications. They must really love NeoGAF.

Actually, it was only after the GameCube that they stopped releasing console specs publicly. Here's a web archive of GameCube specs taken from Nintendo.com: http://web.archive.org/web/20080502201300/http://register.nintendo.com/techspecgcn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom