• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

EatChildren said:
I'm pretty damn sure that is just a map from UT3 with Samus modeled in. The second shot gives it away, as I remember many kills there :p.

Yeah I was trying to place it, does look like something out of UT3.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't know, Samus looks blocky on the first screenshot.

Still, looks good.

EDIT: Oh, confirmed fake, then.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wired All Wrong said:
From the comments on that page:

"That’s a Mass Effect 2 mod. I’ve played that game so much, I can tell. It looks awesome anyway though."

Actually yes. That first shot looks like its from Lair of the Shadow Broker maybe. Im pretty sure that second shot is UT3 though.

Alrus

From The Dust said:
hmm. they look weird

Samus doesn't have many lighting effects on her armor in the first shot, so it stands out.

Nice looking fakes though. A third person shooter/action metroid game could be pretty cool if done right.

EatChildren said:
I'm pretty damn sure that is just a map from UT3 with Samus modeled in. The second shot gives it away, as I remember many kills there :p.
Yeah, the environment looks good, but the Samus model looks below Metroid Prime quality.

I've been away from this thread for awhile because my roommates were using my computer. Anyway, interesting fake Metroid screens, dunno what else to say about them.

big_z

BY2K said:
Is there that much banning during E3? Too much fanboyism?

some people have mental breakdowns when developers dont meet their insane expectations. there's always a few bannings as a result. the wii music year took many lives.

AceBandage said:
Prime + Uncharted, actually.
A lot more environment based gameplay but also more shooting.

That would be an interesting change of direction. Weren't the first rumors about the first 3D Metroid saying that it would be a third-person game?

herzogzwei1989 said:
I've been away from this thread for awhile because my roommates were using my computer.

You needed it.

big_z said:
some people have mental breakdowns when developers dont meet their insane expectations. there's always a few bannings as a result. the wii music year took many lives.

I completely missed E3 that year, thankfully.

bgassassin said:
That would be an interesting change of direction. Weren't the first rumors about the first 3D Metroid saying that it would be a third-person game?

Retro had ideas for it originally, I believe. I think it was Miyamoto that told them to switch to a first person perspective.

DoctorWho said:
Any speculation regarding the controller screens being glassesless 3D?

Nope. It would be pointless, since the controller isn't what you focus on. Just a needless expense.

BY2K said:
Now you're playing with Power. Coffee Power.

Cafe's GPU:
full-throttle-coffee-energy.jpg

Kandinsky

KevinCow said:
People actually expect Nintendo to localize games like Xenoblade and The Last Story?

...How long have you guys been following Nintendo?
I do expect them to do it yes, and i've been following them since 1985 tyvm.

ombz

Fourth Storm said:
512 MB RAM in Cafe would lead me to a ban-worthy meltdown.
I don't think Nintendo is going to detail technical specifications in their presentation unless it is something to gloat about.

AceBandage said:
Nope. It would be pointless, since the controller isn't what you focus on. Just a needless expense.

What if the controller has a sensor that allows it to know when it is being held up facing the screen. That way the controller can act as a window looking at something on the screen (everything would have to be re-rendered on the controller screen though).

I'm saying that it would be the primary gameplay experience but it could be a neat feature that adds innovation and gameplay options.

big_z

ombz said:
I don't think Nintendo is going to detail technical specifications in their presentation unless it is something to gloat about.

nintendo likely wont say anything other than you will say wow. however once the system has been shown developers will be free to talk about things in full detail.

big_z said:
nintendo likely wont say anything other than you will say wow. however once the system has been shown developers will be free to talk about things in full detail.

Ubisoft already is.
They've given out the GPU and RAM and everything to journalists.
Those sneaky French.

ombz

AceBandage said:
Ubisoft already is.
They've given out the GPU and RAM and everything to journalists.
Those sneaky French.
Well that's not confirmed :p
Even so they didn't go into great detail.

DoctorWho said:
What if the controller has a sensor that allows it to know when it is being held up facing the screen. That way the controller can act as a window looking at something on the screen (everything would have to be re-rendered on the controller screen though).

I'm saying that it would be the primary gameplay experience but it could be a neat feature that adds innovation and gameplay options.

Just seems like overkill.

AceBandage said:
Cafe's GPU:
full-throttle-coffee-energy.jpg

CPU codename - Cappuccino
GPU codename - Hammerhead

TunaLover said:
Didn´t Nintendo release a spec sheet during GCN pre-launch?

I remember IGN having a comparison chart (PS2/Xbox/GCN)

Yes. It was DS/Wii era that they started not releasing it. We'll see if it changes.

big_z said:
Well what kind of wow are we talking about here? ;)

"Wow thats amazingly powerful"

"Wow WTF? Thats it?"

DoctorWho said:

You mean like the accelerometers and the gyro sensors?

big_z

TekkenMaster said:
I would join you in a glorious banning if Cafe gets 512 MB

would you guys be okay if it got anything less than 1GB but more than 512MB?

Kung Fu Grip said:
Well what kind of wow are we talking about here? ;)

"Wow thats amazingly powerful"

"Wow WTF? Thats it?"

i just meant the general wow, like the one iwata said back during the revolution e3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom