• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
NSQuote said:
Time Travel?

This can only mean one thing.

Yoshi's Island HD.

doc_brown-full-1-300x295.jpg

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I will shit a brick if we get a Metroid Prime Cafe reveal.

Yep. A brick would be shat. It's all a matter of what Retro is working on (I can't see Nintendo being dumb enough to give Metroid back to Sakamoto/TN after their raping of Samus)

Sianos

bgassassin said:
With the Wii's 88MB of memory, that amount would be the next logical step.

Cafe's secret controller feature is time travel.

Experience the new "Yoshi's Island" with graphics so real "you'll feel like you're really there"!

Snakeyes

BY2K said:
And where did HipHopGamer got his source?

That's like asking where IGN got their source. You seriously think any gaming journalist will say "well, this dude working for that company spilled the beans"?

BY2K said:
And where did HipHopGamer got his source?

I honestly have no idea, but I compiled them all in one place so that they are easy to find before, during and after E3.

We know who said what and when. And they can be held accountable for spreading FUD or praised for sharing insider info after the truth is known.

carlo6529 said:
There were a couple I missed. Thanks for posting the link.

There are probably a few more buried in that thread that i didn't add to the list, but they were either sourcing another site that I already posted that rumor for, or it was something really really unbelievable and I just didn't bother.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I don't understand the fixation of "Retro's new game being at E3". If they just released a game, it does not make sense. What Iwata hinted is that Nintendo might be looking towards other Western developers to pick up new first-party franchises that appeal to the Western core audience. In the same style that Microsoft and SONY have done, Nintendo might approach Gear Box, Valve, N-Space, or a new developer really and pick up something they can push for near launch.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
I don't understand the fixation of "Retro's new game being at E3". If they just released a game, it does not make sense. What Iwata hinted is that Nintendo might be looking towards other Western developers to pick up new first-party franchises that appeal to the Western core audience. In the same style that Microsoft and SONY have done, Nintendo might approach Gear Box, Valve, N-Space, or a new developer really and pick up something they can push for near launch.

It's simple. We love Retro. They're awesome. More Retro is good.

Shikamaru Ninja said:

I know you know something. Spill it.

Personally, I just want more stuff from Next Level games. I know it's not the "sexy" choice but out of nowhere I decided to try out Mario Strikers Charged on Wii again and it's just as fun as I remember it. Damn awesome game.

Snakeyes said:
Are you kidding me? This is entry level current-gen tech.
I still find Wii games that look good so...

I meant more that I like the style of that shot with a sort of realistic backdrop and more cartoonish Samus (as fake as it looks there). I think a metroid game like that could look nice.

I realize this topic has become "lets speculate on specs" but I'm still here for a controller or demo screenshot leak. I'd probably be alright with whatever internals it ends up with.

Also, and maybe I'm the only one, but I don't want a new Star Fox. It seems like a huge waste of effort. The franchise is done, if you ask me.

Snakeyes said:
I wish Shika could answer yes or no regarding our expectations being too high.

No journalist, even Shika, knows everything that will be at E3 right now.
He knows more than the rest of us, but I doubt it's anything too juicy.

With that said, everyone's expectations are ALWAYS too high. Doesn't make it any less fun!

timetokill said:
Personally, I just want more stuff from Next Level games. I know it's not the "sexy" choice but out of nowhere I decided to try out Mario Strikers Charged on Wii again and it's just as fun as I remember it. Damn awesome game.

The less said about their solo efforts, the better, but their team-ups with Nintendo always bear delicious fruit.

BY2K said:
Retro is done with Metroid.

F-freaking-Zero.

HD blazing fast racing at 60FPS!

After Team Ninja's crapfest, I wouldn't be surprised if Retro took over it again.

Kinda forgot about F-Zero. I bet they could do a great job with that as well.

Sorry for re-posting this, it's from a few pages back--I really wanted to know if anyone has the same or similar opinion as I do, on this level in Mario Galaxy.

dolphin2010-06-2223-32xp4n.jpg

To me, the Loop-de-loop Galaxy looks like a SEGA arcade game, like Model 3 graphics, but much better quality. The colors, the geometry, the lighting, everything. That stood out to me the moment I played it. Any long-time SEGA fans notice this, or is it just me?

Thanks for any replies!

timetokill said:
Also, and maybe I'm the only one, but I don't want a new Star Fox. It seems like a huge waste of effort. The franchise is done, if you ask me.

I disagree If they went back to just the flying levels, and made a TRUE sequel to Star Fox 64 it would be amazing.

agrajag

Banned
I'd like Retro to work on their own new IP rather than Nintendo franchises. However, if they were stuck with franchises forever, I'll be fine with F-Zero, Star Fox and Donkey Kong Country. Actually, DKCR2 for Cafe would be incredible.

Gravijah said:
Nevermind, let it stay dead.

Oh come on. That Yoshi puppet was easily one of the best things in that movie.

Sorry for re-posting this, it's from a few pages back--I really wanted to know if anyone has the same or similar opinion as I do, on this level in Mario Galaxy.

No. I don't know what you consider as Model 3, but just pure polygon pushing power, the Dreamcast was better than it. Model 3 only pumped around 3 million polygons as I recall. The Dreamcast was at least twice that. Plus, the water loop was using effects like environment map bump mapping, alpha blending, and in-direct textures to create that effect. This stuff is beyond Model 3. The PS2 would have problems doing effects like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom