• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

ombz said:
Would OmniVision state that it is for NGP? Sony already announced that it has a camera so it wouldn't be revealing anything.
Would be a little odd for a camera maker to not use their own cameras

antonz

ombz said:
Ya it would be. I'm just trying to rule it out completely.
Its possible though it would be totally crazy. Nintendo probably has a cushy ass deal with whoever for the .3s but couldnt get as nice a deal for a higher quality one so they diversified their camera suppliers

antonz said:
Its possible though it would be totally crazy. Nintendo probably has a cushy ass deal with whoever for the .3s but couldnt get as nice a deal for a higher quality one so they diversified their camera suppliers

ya gotta save something for the 3DSLite

Alrus said:
Aah the old ugly plasticky look, it's been a while. (it's wierd though, all monsters look awful except the magma golem which looks ridiculously good...)

Retro making a third person action game could be pretty good.

Reminds me of...

Metroid-Prime-Hunters-5.jpg

Penguin

IGN has these questions with their new podcast, figured, could answer to pass time
1. What five unannounced games will be shown at the press conference (any system)?

2. What will be the big Project Caf� secret (something we haven't already heard)?

3. What will Miyamoto demonstrate or reveal or bungle on stage?

4. What's the big post press conference surprise?

5. What E-Shop surprise or giveaway will we walk out with?

6. What goofy peripheral will be shown (for any system?)

Kard8p3

So is anyone else expecting Nintendo to show off Miyamoto's new IP next week? Last year he said he'd have something to show us this year so I'm hoping it does show up.

Kard8p3 said:
So is anyone else expecting Nintendo to show off Miyamoto's new IP next week? Last year he said he'd have something to show us this year so I'm hoping it does show up.

It's very likely we'll see a new IP from Miyamoto for the Cafe. Would be the perfect time to launch a new franchise.

Penguin

Kard8p3 said:

Makes sense, Nintendo tends to debut with a new franchise, Wave Race/Pikmin/WiiSports/Steel Diver.

Just a thought, as much as I love R-Type Tactics (R-Type Command in the west) on PSP, I think it's about time for a new traditional side-scrolling R-Type shmup, this time in HD, on Cafe. I mean, what hardcore gamer wouldn't go for that? I think Irem Software Engineering should consider it. I also loved R-Type Dimensions on XBLA, but it's time for a new entry in the series.

Kard8p3 said:

Probably would be a good way to show how the new controller works.

Instro

AceBandage said:
EAD.
Honestly, I think Retro would be talent wasted on StarFox or F-Zero.
There are better studios for both (Treasure for the former, Monster for the latter).
Retro would be better served on an adventure type game.

Agreed, Ive been saying this for a while now, both of those franchises are very small in scope. Retro is better served making something on a grander scale whether thats a new IP or reviving some old franchise like Star Tropics. Star Fox either should be given to Treasure or just developed internally, unless they plan to do something other than a rail shooter. As for F-Zero there are plenty of competent teams who can pull that off.

Also with regards to Raven Blade, I recall someone from Retro saying that they would never go back to the game because it was really shitty and nothing compared to their later work.

That camera rumor is cool, I wonder if that will be for motion control?

With Miyamoto wanting to remake ALTTP very badly I wouldn't be surprised to see the game reworked in HD for the cafe. I'd buy it at a high price. I replayed it again the other day and it just may be better than OoT.

Instro

DragonKnight said:
With Miyamoto wanting to remake ALTTP very badly I wouldn't be surprised to see the game reworked in HD for the cafe. I'd buy it at a high price. I replayed it again the other day and it just may be better than OoT.

Pretty sure he said he wanted to remake it for the 3DS.

Instro said:
Pretty sure he said he wanted to remake it for the 3DS.

Ah. I must have missed that. I really hate how 2D console games have gone the way of the dodo. I mean, if the next metroid was 2D how many people would complain?

antonz said:
At the very least its going to be a dont throw in anger controller

Can't wait to see the safety warning for that.

Wii-Safety-Warnings-1.jpg

EDIT: I saw what you were talking about Instro. It was the current president of Retro who said they wouldn't pick Raven Blade up again. I also forgot that they had other canceled games that didn't even make that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom