• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that gif use up all of your Photobucket bandwidth already? Rehost it on imgur or something plz

EDIT NVM, it's not showing up for me in Firefox any more for some reason but I can still see it in Chrome. But you seriously need to rehost it somewhere with no bandwidth cap anyway.

Truth101

Banned
DrForester said:
The5thNintendoElement.gif

This is excellent

Instro

Evilink said:
Ninja Gaiden3 launching sometime in 012, perhaps Cafe launch title? Fingers crossed!!! :D

Id say any major multiplat releasing in 2012 has as pretty good shot at showing up on the Cafe.

big_z

Grampa Simpson said:
If you must troll, could you do it somewhere else?

how is that a troll? read the gif, it is a wet dream, a joke. if you expect all that stuff to happen youre fucking crazy... earthbound, shenmue.. lol.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I just can't begin to comprehend it - in less than a week many of us have played Nintendo's new home console, and so far we have almost no idea what's in store.

Absolutely mindblowing.

Chittagong said:
I just can't begin to comprehend it - in less than a week many of us have played Nintendo's new home console, and so far we have almost no idea what's in store.

Absolutely mindblowing.

Oh, God. When you say it like that... I don't even...

This thread needs to get back on track. I'll try my best to help that happen.

Okay, what if Nintendo's Project Cafe turns out to be using a Cell processor for its CPU? Sounds impossible, and it probably is, but what if Nintendo decided to select a PowerPC CPU that has SPEs on-chip? Remember IBM said they'd roll future Cell tech into their PowerPC line. What if the rumors about a triple core PowerPC CPU like Xbox 360's Xenon was just pure BS? How else is Nintendo going to match PS3 as far as CPU performance? Fight PS3's Cell with a better Cell ?

I realise this is nothing more than me dreaming. I just thought this might help get the thread back on the right course. E3 is just 6 days and some hours away.

antonz

herzogzwei1989 said:
This thread needs to get back on track. I'll try my best to help that happen.

Okay, what if Nintendo's Project Cafe turns out to be using a Cell processor for it's CPU?
Sounds impossible, and it probably is, but what if Nintendo decided to select a PowerPC CPU that has SPEs on-chip? Remember IBM said they'd roll future Cell tech into their PowerPC line. What if the rumors about a triple core PowerPC CPU like Xbox 360's Xenon was just pure BS? How else is Nintendo going to match PS3 as far as CPU performance? Fight PS3's Cell with a better Cell ?

I realise this is nothing more than me dreaming. I just thought this might help get the thread back on the right course. E3 is just 6 days and some hours away.
In all likely hood the new chip will have cell tech in it. Xenon was built around the SPE technology. IBM as far back as 2006 post Wii launch said they were talking with Nintendo about cell tech for their next console

antonz said:
In all likely hood the new chip will have cell tech in it. Xenon was built around the SPE technology.

Xbox 360's Xenon was built on PPE (Power Processor Element ) technology, not SPE technology, but I know what you meant.

IBM as far back as 2006 post Wii launch said they were talking with Nintendo about cell tech for their next console

That may indeed be true. I'll have to find an article that mentions it.

antonz

herzogzwei1989 said:
Xbox 360's Xenon was built on PPE (PowerPC) technology, not SPE technology.

That may indeed be true.
Thats right ppe. The cores are a slightly modified version of what went into the cell processor

Sorry if already posted:

Nintendo's Project Cafe Challenges

Nintendo had to make several sacrifices to strike out into the casual market with the Wii, and its decision to leave HD visuals and processing power behind meant third-party support took a major hit on the machine. These past five years have been marked by incredible third-party million-sellers like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed, but whereas the last generation would have seen those titles go multi-platform and ship across the PS2, Xbox and GameCube, this gen has seen the horse race pared down to two. Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter IV – these games arrive with PlayStation versions and Xbox versions, but no Nintendo edition in sight.

The Cafe needs to bring things back to being a three-horse race. Having multi-platform third-party titles come to Nintendo's console isn't always as valuable as having true exclusives from those same developers, but leveling the playing field has to be a good thing. Look at a brand like Call of Duty alone, as big as it's gotten – if the 2012 installment in that series ships for PS3, Xbox 360 and Project Cafe, it'll be a bellweather that Nintendo's making great strides getting back into the hardcore business.

The company will have to make sure that third-party developers can offer equivalent content on Cafe, as not wanting to water their projects down to work on Wii has kept several top-tier titles away from our shelves in this era. Powerwise, it seems this shouldn't be a problem – the Cafe is expected to better the specs of both competitors when its inner workings are confirmed next week.

What's more, bringing major third-party projects back to a place of releasing across three consoles instead of two will reopen the potential for Nintendo to edge in unique, exclusive advantages – Soul Calibur II's inclusion of Link as a playable fighter on the GameCube sent its sales well north of the PS2 and Xbox versions. Now, another Soul Calibur is in development. Let's hope a Nintendo version appears, and it's more enticing than the competitors' versions once again.

No, Cafe's recapturing of the hardcore, if it's successful, will happen more gradually. It'll be a slow build. This is a mistake some are making in evaluating the 3DS right now, calling it a failure at launch, predicting its doom two months in. Don't be so hasty to judge. Nintendo's decision makers know what they're doing, people. They've got their strategy in position. They've read the book. So push pause on your opinion for a moment, sit back and enjoy taking in next week's E3 conference. Enjoy watching Nintendo makes its next big move on the chessboard – its next course correction, in trying to dominate these different-colored oceans. Because if a company sailing blue waters for five straight years really is about to charge back into the red, it's going to be a heck of a show to see.

dwu8991

Banned
IGN have no idea what Project Cafe games there are. That is just sad. We are only a week out and still no leaks! Listening to their podcast remind's you how everything is supposedly better on PS360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom