• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars 1080p on PS4 - 900p on Xbox One. 60fps on both.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sounds good to me. bring on may (?). lets see some recent ps4/xbone builds.

Begaria

Now is that "60" (unlocked) FPS:

THE-TRUTH.png

Or an actual rock solid 60 FPS:

thetruth.png

Guess, time (and Digital Foundry) will tell.

Javin98

Banned
Obviously 12K resolution at 120FPS is only for Bruce Wayne to play on his Batcomputer with Alfred when he's not fighting crime. XD
Anyway, I think they will just settle with 900p on XB1 to keep the frame rate locked. And I hope they get a good level of AF on the PS4 version.

12k resolution on PCs? Does any monitor support that yet? Hell... can anyone run that at 60fps yet?

3x4k displays. Some crazy bastard is at least going to try that right out the gate. In time though it might become a viable enthusiast resolution, so it's a good thing that they account for it.

That being said, why only 12K?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Lol. I'm trying to build my first PC and I feel like 4K is a pipe dream.

Nah. 4K is easy enough. I built my PC years ago, just slapped a 970 FTW into in and it now plays most all of my games in 4K at max settings.

Only had to drop resolution or settings on Crysis 3, The Witcher 2, and expecting the Witcher 3.

But if you had 2 970s, or better, you would be fine for almost everything.

Also, 4K gaming is amazing. Game changer.

------------------------------------------------------------

Also, this news is expected. Interesting I know a lot of people had hope the updates since launch would allow devs to hit 1080p, and I think Bungie even said it is what let them hit 1080p on XBO. However that seems to have not become a trend.

Hanmik

Hmmm.......A/F?

maybe you will be able to press the Playstation button, go into a menu and then a submenu where you can chose to turn on A/F for the game... will take like 8 seconds to access the menu..

why are people bringing up AF..?

NHale

THE-TRUTH.png

thetruth.png

Are you really expecting a 100% 60fps experience from a game with 40+ cars on track + weather effects + physical simulations + AI + graphical features in play? They would have to design the game to target 90fps on consoles to achieve that by locking the framerate to 60fps.

Considering how they weren't able to make it 1080p on one of the consoles and you can guarantee isn't going to be rock solid 60fps. To be quiet honest considering what they are aiming for which is something never done on consoles before considering it's a true sim + lots of cars on track at the same + day night cycle + weather I'm thankful and amazed they even reached 1080p and 60fps on PS4.

ironcreed

Banned
yeah by significantly reducing image quality. I dont think thats worth it.

Forza 5 looks pretty damn good, but I get ya. The Xbox One footage we have seen of Project Cars looks amazing, so I actually think it will be more than fine at 900p.

Certinty

I'm glad I preordered this on the PS4 then, I prefer the Xbox One's controller massively, especially for racing games but I'll take a higher resolution over that.

Radec

[/img]http://www.learnawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/THE-TRUTH.png[/img]

[/img]http://www.learnawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/thetruth.png[/img]

of course it will be not locked rock solid 60fps.

Journey

Banned
Par for the course. Targeting 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbone should mean they're hitting their respective max potential.

Fox Mulder

I'm fine with 900p and 60 fps.

Seems little point in getting this on the XB1 with F6 just around the corner.

Why? I've played Forza since the first one and it sold me on the xb1, but I'm excited for something different from pcars.

It's my favorite genre and I'll be busy with Horizon 2, pcars, forza 6, and even a new f1 game for awhile. I love it.

shandy706

I don't think there is even a single GPU that can run a game at 4K and 60fps at the moment.

Wut?

I did it with my 780 and I've done it with my 980.

Granted, we're talking about older games, but you didn't say that.

On topic, glad they made 60fps the priority either way. What does the physics engine run at?

NHale

of course it will be not locked rock solid 60fps.

Unless the game drops frames very often to a point where it interferes with your driving, I don't mind it one bit. Much better than driving at 30fps for 100% of the time.

Of course drops to 40-30 fps and screen tearing are completely prohibited.

Top Bottom