• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS 2 Aiming for “Septemberish” Pre-Order/Release Window + Leaked Images

chadskin

Posting on the official forums, Bell first confirms players shouldn't expect the game in the first half of the year. He mentions that the game has already started the Quality Assurance process, and that the team has planned for at least seven months to minimize bugs and maximize polish. This should be welcome news for those who remember the original v1.0 release on consoles.

A few days later, while responding to the question of when pre-release details will be available, Bell says that the ”current guess is Septemberish”. It's a suitably mysterious answer, especially when he mentions that the team is ”a bit behind on GUI and Career".

Images: https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-2-aiming-for-septemberish-pre-orderrelease-window/

Project-CARS-2-15.jpg

BigEmil

Releasing this year it should do well on PC there's no competition like Asseto Corsa 2, iRacing 2 etc, on consoles with another Forza releasing and finally Gran Turismo don't think it will do as well as Project Cars 1 did

Dynasty

Releasing this year it should do well on PC there's no competition like Asseto Corsa 2, iRacing 2 etc, on consoles with another Forza releasing and finally Gran Turismo don't think it will do as well as Project Cars 1 did

Well PC is gettin Forza Motorsport 7 most likely but it will only be on the W10 store. On consoles they need to sort out the frame rate especially on X1.

Falchion

These screenshots look amazing but I really didn't enjoy the first one on Xbox. Maybe this will be better.

I love the game, but the sequel needs a lot of 'quality of life fixes' like being able to share setups, being able to have multiple setups per car, a spectate mode that isn't utter shit/janky, ability to lock down multi class races, and overall online stability(my online league has to do so many workarounds and resets because people commonly get dc'd joining a match)

Sini

It looks really desaturated on the pics :(
Didn't look close enough to comment on anything going else.

Momentary

Banned
I feel like they still have a very long ways to go. If they want to meet a September release they will probably have to work a ton of over time.

DarkestHour

Banned
They really need to focus on the multiplayer experience. To me, this was the weakest part of PCars on PC and the reason I quit playing. At first it was awesome but eventually the browser would only show me games in Europe (I live in the United States) and the servers would be empty. Oh, the rammers didn't help either.

The simulation compared to Assetto Corsa isn't as good but the game is fun overall. While AC is still being updated PCars seems to have been completely ignored outside of miniscule VR updates.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I've just double-dipped and got the PC version of the first game whilst the steam sale offered the game + whole DLC bundle for a shade over £20.

I can't wait for the sequel, but I really hope they get set-up export/sharing into it this time.

Given me that and Custom Championships and I'll be happy with just tweaks to the sim / tyre engine.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I'll certainly buy it as long as the peasant PS4 version will be decent. Had a lot of fun with the first game even with all the bugs (been playing since day one).

Top Bottom