• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars 2 |OT| Buggy Racing At The Four Seasons

Dina

Marvelharvey told me that the simracing discord actually isn't on pCARS2 much, but thankfully there is a dedicated one.

fresquito

I'm done here, yes. And I'm not going to ResetEra, either.

Well, it's been nice while it lasted. Good luck with your lives and all that.

fresquito

Why so? Come to Reset bud.
This whole affair between NeoGAF and ResetEra is very uninteresting to me. I can't be bothered to go through all the proccess to join there, moreso when I find utterly childish asking people to suicide bomb here as a proof for I don't know what (purity?). I'm too old for all this drama.

It's been a pleasure, in any case.

Patrick S.

Banned
This whole affair between NeoGAF and ResetEra is very uninteresting to me. I can't be bothered to go through all the proccess to join there, moreso when I find utterly childish asking people to suicide bomb here as a proof for I don't know what (purity?). I'm too old for all this drama.

So you aren't interested at all in telling the people that were hanging out with you in this thread where you'll be from now on? Are we not worth your time anymore? Well, bye then I guess.

danowat

Banned

I'm half inclined to agree, I must confess I've felt a little saddened by the whole thing, I don't think the fracture of the community is good for either side.

I'll probably visit both sides, but I confess I feel less likely to contribute to either.

I don't condone what the site owner here may or may not have done, but the, way some people have reacted has been abhorrent, and the fact that some of those have now found a home, probably under a new pseudonym, makes me feel quite uneasy about the other side.

fresquito

So you aren't interested at all in telling the people that were hanging out with you in this thread where you'll be from now on? Are we not worth your time anymore? Well, bye then I guess.
I'll be posting in the PC2 forums, I guess.

See, I didn't ask for this whole affair and I am not acting the way I do to make a stand or anything like thar. It comes naturally. People are gone here and I honestly don't expect anything other than a barren land. And I don't feel like jumping into ResetEra either, thus the most natural decision to me is saying goodbye and wishing you all well. Maybe our paths will cross again. Hope they do.

Patrick S.

Banned

See, I didn't ask for this whole affair and I am not acting the way I do to make a stand or anything like thar. It comes naturally. People are gone here and I honestly don't expect anything other than a barren land. And I don't feel like jumping into ResetEra either, thus the most natural decision to me is saying goodbye and wishing you all well. Maybe our paths will cross again. Hope they do.

Fair enough. Hasta pronto!

Mascot

I'm half inclined to agree, I must confess I've felt a little saddened by the whole thing, I don't think the fracture of the community is good for either side.

I'll probably visit both sides, but I confess I feel less likely to contribute to either.

I don't condone what the site owner here may or may not have done, but the, way some people have reacted has been abhorrent, and the fact that some of those have now found a home, probably under a new pseudonym, makes me feel quite uneasy about the other side.

I agree with both of you. It's a real shame in the way it was handled, and the fallout has been ridiculous. Only two people know what really happened, and even those two can't agree between themselves. What chance do the rest of us have?

It's all really none of my business really. I just want the communities I'm interested in to survive, and if that means going where the bulk of them are, then so be it. The sooner this whole drama is forgotten about, the better.

JB_dk

Neo Member
New to pcars 2. Just got a g29 and a playseat challenge. Anyone have recommended settings for ps4. Something doesn't feel right.
Right now I'm just hotlapping brands hatch Clio getting af feel. So many settings / options compared to gts where I perform Alot better online than I do against the easy AI In this game lol

Mascot

Did I miss something?
Are Neogaf going to stop or did something happened here?

giphy.gif

Lego Boss

Before you go (or not), danowat, is this worth getting for the BONE? I am playing FM7 at the moment and loving it, but would like a game where strategy means something.

Or is that game F12017?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is there a way to see what tires are installed for "automatic by weather"? I'm doing a career race at brands hatch where my tires have far less grip then they did during practice. It lightly rains about half way through, but at this point the ai, even set to a laughable 50, is like half a lap ahead of me. Their grip apparently is not affected.

danowat

Banned
Is there a way to see what tires are installed for "automatic by weather"? I'm doing a career race at brands hatch where my tires have far less grip then they did during practice. It lightly rains about half way through, but at this point the ai, even set to a laughable 50, is like half a lap ahead of me. Their grip apparently is not affected.
Yes, it tells you what's fitted on the telemetry screen.

Bliman

Banned
Interesting isn't the first word that springs to my mind.

Yeah I know it is not the right word.
But I don't know exactly how the situation is and I don't want to judge for what I don't know.
And I hope that this community is stronger then an individual to survive.
Sorry to interupt and let the discussion get on about this great game.

AmyS

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017...h-the-boosts-the-bummers-and-the-bottom-line/
That's not as bad as Project CARS 2, whose official Xbox One X patch has shockingly dropped performance well below a guaranteed 60fps lock. The game appears to have been given a slight bump in texture and shadow quality, along with a nominal resolution boost—not quite 4K, possibly in the 1600p or 1800p ranges. Here's the thing: the pre-patched version could finally get close to a 60fps lock in stormy, reflection-filled downpours, which proved that the console really could make older games run better even if they hadn't been optimized. The game's Xbox One X patch, on the other hand, drags these races back down to a stuttering refresh somewhere in the mid-40s. That's bad enough, but we also reproduced screen tear and stuttering on normal, sunny courses, on which the pre-patch PC2 had established a crisp 60fps lock on Xbox One X. There's some serious WTF-ness going on there.

Worse, the update introduces atrocious screen tearing in both instances. Now, when PC2 buckles under the rendering pressure, its tears appear smack-dab in the middle of the screen. That's bizarre, because PC2 originally limited these tears to the top of the screen. It was a nifty trick to reduce impact during those rare, rainy races. That tweak appears to be gone, and players currently cannot go into a menu and undo this graphical update. PC2 needs a patch for its patch, and stat. Until then, its players on PC and PS4 Pro get a better experience.

Thus, my purchase of Project Cars 2 will continue to be held off :(

Mascot

Anyone tried the PC demo? I heard from one source that it was quite buggy, so was wondering about other impressions? Not had a chance to try it myself yet.

VVV Mars VG

Anyone tried the PC demo? I heard from one source that it was quite buggy, so was wondering about other impressions? Not had a chance to try it myself yet.

Not yet, apparently the XBox X demo has improved visuals over the standard game. But no time for all that downloading.

Logsi

Patch 3.0 will be out this week and further improves on the demo, which is already improved on the full games 2.0 patch.

Logsi

How do you know it's this week? 'Imminent' is all SMS are saying, but they've been saying that for weeks.

It’s in approval process with MS and Sony since Friday. So it will hopefully be out on PS this coming week and Xbox earliest this Friday due to their longer approval process.

Check out the Project Cars forum or GT Planet for posts by Ian Bell.

The demo is akin to a patch “2.5” with the next patch being 3.0. If you want to see what’s coming in the next patch then take a gander at the demo. It has different modes for enhance res, frame rate and visuals. I’m using enhanced res on a 1080p screen and it looks vastly better!

sinnergy

Demo on XboxOne X looked very rough here, with pixelated sunshafts,and jaggies compared to Forza 7.

Didn't like the visuals, gameplay was nice.

Logsi

Demo on XboxOne X looked very rough here, with pixelated sunshafts,and jaggies compared to Forza 7.

Didn't like the visuals, gameplay was nice.

Did you change the visual mode before starting a race? Press start at the main splash screen and it’s in there under the visual settings.

I like enhance res more so than the default enhance graphics setting.

keraj37

If anyone interested, here is my short footage of PC2 in VR.
This is for me ultimate racing sim experience: VR + T300 RS - really great fun.

Last edited:

keraj37

Ok after watching that I'm visualising a ladder behind your head with a bloody great camera on it.

Heh, didn't think about it like that - but this camera works best for me - gives you better view on the surrodings and you still have sight on motec display.

Last edited:

PowerK

Project CARS 2 is on 50% sale.
The game has been out now for how long? Six months ? Have they fixed issues and improved the game or is this still a bug fest ? Especially, how does the game look (visual quality) on PC compared to FM7 ?
I've been playing FM7 and GTS lately. However, I avoided Project CARS 2 due to negative feedback from communities.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Project CARS 2 is on 50% sale.
The game has been out now for how long? Six months ? Have they fixed issues and improved the game or is this still a bug fest ? Especially, how does the game look (visual quality) on PC compared to FM7 ?
I've been playing FM7 and GTS lately. However, I avoided Project CARS 2 due to negative feedback from communities.
There are some bugs but it's nothing deal breaking. Visually it can look really good but 70% off the time it looks just ok, but Forza looks better ( better car details, better reflections, some conditions have better lighting and cleaner image quality). Physics are really solid with a wheel if you set the FFB right. While playing with a controller is 10 times better than PC1, its still nowhere near like Forza/GT.

PowerK

There are some bugs but it's nothing deal breaking. Visually it can look really good but 70% off the time it looks just ok, but Forza looks better ( better car details, better reflections, some conditions have better lighting and cleaner image quality). Physics are really solid with a wheel if you set the FFB right. While playing with a controller is 10 times better than PC1, its still nowhere near like Forza/GT.
Ah, thank you for tnhe feedback and update.

GenericUser

So the game is currently AGAIN on sale on PSN. I wonder if it's worth 20 bucks? Is the online any good? Can casual racing fans like myself have a good time competing online or is it a sweatfest like the first PC? Does the single player give you something to work towards to and is it entertaining?

Top Bottom