• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars 2 release date accidently revealed & features 11 Porsches at launch

GHG

Gold Member
At the end of a blog post announcing Porsche's inclusion in the upcoming racing sim, Project Cars 2 will apparently become available on September 22nd, but this little detail was quickly reverted to "Late 2017" instead. However, the internet doesn't really work that way and many readers have since corroborated the September date, as reported by GTPlanet. With E3 right around the corner, we probably won't have to wait very long to see if today's slippage proves to be true.

The next installment of PCars promises to up the realism ante, but simultaneously be more forgiving to play. In case you were wondering, the Porsches on offer will include:

Porsche 911 GT1-98
Porsche 911 GT3 R (991)
Porsche 911 GT3 R Endurance (991)
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Porsche 918 Spyder
Porsche 935/77
Porsche 935/80
Porsche 936 Spyder
Porsche 962C
Porsche 962C Langheck
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

porsche2_orig.jpg

porsche3_orig.jpg

http://www.thedrive.com/news/11254/project-cars-2-release-date-accidentally-revealed-as-september-22

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/EcJR5d-DJzs

https://youtu.be/P6-X5_CC6IE

22nd September 2017.

We should get confirmation next week at E3 but the date seems likely since they were always aiming for September.

GHG

Gold Member
finally, thanks EA for letting the porsche license expire.

It's the best thing that could have happened.

Oh and an think it was more a case of Porsche having no interest in letting them keep it. They didn't benefit at all from the deal.

Mascot

So it does... I don't even know how that happened. Changed.

Too late. The internet is already quoting you as a source that the game will definitely be out in July. Trump has already tweeted about it. Ian Bell is running triple shifts now to achieve it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Looking forward to this, just hope the career and interface is improved over the original. Also the tuning of cars wasn't quite as customisable as I would've thought with some settings only having a couple of preset options.

Mascot

There's an awesome new trailer on Twitter confirming 22nd September as the release date.

Awaiting the YouTube version.

Syntsui

So what exactly are the problems of the first game (more so the current updated state of it), there are so many complaints but little to no detailed explanation on them.

I'm interested in getting the PS4 version of itch to get rid of my driving itch.

danowat

Banned
So what exactly are the problems of the first game (more so the current updated state of it), there are so many complaints but little to no detailed explanation on them.

I'm interested in getting the PS4 version of itch to get rid of my driving itch.

Performance issues, poor controller implementation, some people complain about the open nature of the career.

willbsn13

September 22nd? That's an interesting release date. If trend holds, we should see FM7 launch in September too. Can't think of the last time two very similar racing games could launch so close together. (I guess DC and FH2 might count)

Mascot

September 22nd? That's an interesting release date. If trend holds, we should see FM7 launch in September too. Can't think of the last time two very similar racing games could launch so close together. (I guess DC and FH2 might count)

There's a little indie game called GT Sport that might also be coming out during that window. Google it - it looks quite nice. Seems to have slipped under the radar though. Might be vapourware, I guess.

There's never been a better time to be a console sim racer, that's for damn sure.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Has the potential to be the greatest racing game ever made, don't mess it up SMS.

I'd say it has the potential to be the most varied racing game ever made. Everything else, well, I was burned by Project Cars. That was not a great game, despite being a great simulation.

Mascot

That trailer got me so excited.

Adding to OP.

Yep, it's superb isn't it?

Ed Mas certainly knows his onions.

I'd say it has the potential to be the most varied racing game ever made. Everything else, well, I was burned by Project Cars. That was not a great game, despite being a great simulation.

Yet I continue to regularly have bucketloads of fun in it over two years later. Weird, huh..?

willbsn13

There's a little indie game called GT Sport that might also be coming out during that window. Google it - it looks quite nice. Seems to have slipped under the radar though. Might be vapourware, I guess.

There's never been a better time to be a console sim racer, that's for damn sure.

Whats a Gran Turismo?

Seriously though you are right, crazy we might get all in the same month (or within a couple of months)

wipeout364

I looked quickly at the title and thought the new cars game based on the new movie from Pixar was going to have 11 porsches. I was thinking, wait a minute is lightning McQueen going into GT racing.

xrnzaaas

Meh selection of Porsches, no current Le Mans car, no 911 Turbo, no Panamera, no cool Porsches from the 80s and 90s like the 944, 959 or 928.

willbsn13

Meh selection of Porsches, no current Le Mans car, no 911 Turbo, no Panamera, no cool Porsches from the 80s and 90s like the 944, 959 or 928.
PCars has never been about massive car rosters or filling out a brand, so 11 Porsches for what they're trying to achieve is good.

I'd bet a lot of money all of those are in Day One for FM7 though.

Mascot

PCars has never been about massive car rosters or filling out a brand, so 11 Porsches for what they're trying to achieve is good.

I'd bet a lot of money all of those are in Day One for FM7 though.

Some are possibly being held back for DLC..?

shandy706

Anyone else love the fact that we have competition in the "sim racer" genre now?

I love that all these developers are trying their hand at it.

Mascot

They have the tools but the lighting is so wrong. Looks too gamey considering the tech under the hood.

Looks pretty damn good to me, especially considering it has dynamic global illumination in real time and isn't pre-baked.

lem0n

Snowy Nurburgring... bringing back memories of the Maserati 250F open-wheeler and blizzard conditions... :D

xrnzaaas

Some are possibly being held back for DLC..?

Yep, we'll see. Hopefully the DLC's will also be better in pCARS 2. I remember the first game getting some crappy expansions like the one with multiple variations of the GT86.

By the way any news on a season (car?) pass this time around?

amar212

Has the potential to be the greatest racing game ever made, don't mess it up SMS.

ONLY if they fix horrible mess called "default car setup" and corresponding mess called "default steering wheel setup"

Without those, it will be the same crazy mess as the first game.

Top Bottom