• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS 3 announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Due out this summer

PCars-3_06-03-20.jpg

Publisher Bandai Namco and developer Slightly Mad Studios have announced Project CARS 3 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will launch this summer.

Here is a brief overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:
Get ready for Your Ultimate Driver Journey. Own, upgrade and customize hundreds of elite-brand road and race cars. Personalize your racing hero persona. And then race your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend in stunning global locations.
Watch the announcement trailer below.

-----------------------------------

No announcement for next-gen consoles but they commented on NG hardware benefiting racing games, in general

Project Cars 3 devs on the impact next-gen could have on racing games

Although Project Cars 3 is only confirmed for launch on Xbox One, PS4 and PC later this year at this point, that hasn't stopped developer Slightly Mad Studios from being excited about the potential of PS5 and Xbox Series X.

In an interview with GamesRadar, Joe Barron, Marketing & Esports Manager on Project Cars 3 said he believes the performance optimisations coming with the next-gen consoles will "have a big impact" on the racing space.

"I think for us in the racing space, the optimisation as far as everything that’s been talked about with hard drive speeds and loading speeds and things, is going to have a big impact on that sort of performance level, across all of racing," explains Barron.

————————————

Sequel is more “pick up and play”

—————-
Gameplay:

Looks to be 100% an arcade racer.

No idea why they decided to go in this direction for the series rather than create a new franchise or spin-off.

Regardless, I hope it's actually fun to play, if not this will flop hard.

Last edited:

scalman

why trailer looks so ... umm lame and not new at all. i would say good old forza 7 trailer was way better and looked better too. so nothing new then , same old cars some street supercars and then mostly GT cars. i dont see nothing exciting in this trailer. poorly made trailer .
imagine what will happen to this game after this and next month they will reveal next gen racings. plz ... it will die soon.

Last edited:

LokusAbriss

PC1 and 2 were pretty, but handling was always off. Assetto Corsa (Competizione) is the one to beat. Have to wait and see.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: GHG

scalman

why they even showed us this lame trailer. i mean cmon. it looks like PC2 , so why make new game then ? they forgot to make trailer for new game or something ?

GHG

Gold Member
Hopefully the handling model is more consistent for pad users. I'll definitely pick this up on the PS5 when it eventually releases on next gen platforms.

Good luck with that.

Frankly, Ian Bell has never given a shit about controller players.

Although based on this trailer I didn't see any simulation influences, it looked more like the sort of trailer you would see for a need for speed game so God knows what this even is.

scalman

i remember devs said they new game will be something like Shift new game combine all in one. but since then time changed i guess and now its just this...

scalman

yh bad timing , summer means like now or summer means like in couple month. cmon tell us. if its today or tomor ok i will look to it , if its like last summer month not so sure.

Magik85

Im huge Project Cars fan but this was disappointing.
It was supposed to be game for "Madbox" so when that concept failed i was pretty sure it would be PS5/SeX title.
Seeing it on PS4, looking pretty much just like PC2 is kinda meh....

Thavash

I hope it’s more like Project Cars 1 not 2. The engine noise is better in 1, and the feedback. And yes I play with a controller and love it , it’s my favourite sim.

GHG

Gold Member
Gameplay:

Looks to be 100% an arcade racer.

No idea why they decided to go in this direction for the series rather than create a new franchise or spin-off.

Regardless, I hope it's actually fun to play, if not this will flop hard.

scalman

i allways wanted new Shift game ... not name but same style . they cant use that name .
i hate Gt cars , so all i wanted are normal street or at least normal super cars , so i guess its no for me again. PC2 was same.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
i allways wanted new Shift game ... not name but same style . they cant use that name .

Use a different one then or make a spin off. Forza Horizon has a much more arcady handling model compared to the motorsport series but everyone understands what they are getting. If they had called the first Horizon Forza 5 there would have been riots.

scalman

yes but looks like they didnt went for open world there. but i clearly remember those devs said they wiol be making new game more like shift would be ... what happen to it ? riots maybe , looting ? lol

Not sure calling it Project cars 3 was a great idea.

Nobody that enjoys Project Cars is looking for Project Cars 3 to be an arcade racer, or even an "accessible" sim. That market is covered.

I had a feeling SMS's next game was going to be something nobody wanted the day I read Codemasters had bought them.

I think Codemasters is setting up SMS for failure just like they did Codemasters EVO (Evolution Studios after Sony dumped them). Make a guaranteed dud, tank the studio, fire the studio leads, keep all the assets, licensing agreements, game assets, and talent and fold them into the main studio.

McCheese

It's going to be hard promoting this when we'll likely have already seen next-gen Forza and Gran Turismo before it's out, surprised they haven't played a stronger cross-gen angel with it, or maybe they have really strong PC sales so it's not a worry.

GHG

Gold Member

giphy.gif

It genuinely upsets me having previously being part of WMD for Pcars 1 and 2 and making a decent amount of money from Pcars 1.

If a lot of us who put our time and money into the first two games knew this was where it was heading then frankly, we wouldn't have bothered.

Last edited:
So the trailer was underwhelming, except for the C8R! But do we know if this is going casual racing game compared to the first two?

xPikYx

giphy.gif

It genuinely upsets me having previously being part of WMD for Pcars 1 and 2 and making a decent amount of money from Pcars 1.

If a lot of us who put our time and money into the first two games knew this was where it was heading then frankly, we wouldn't have bothered.
You're right honestly I feel quite disappointed from SMS for delivering this, I was expecting an improvement towards simulation and not this

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, that's going to be a great benchmark to compare Forza an GT to.

Lot of people right now really care about your race and what you do on the streets, seems like a good release window.

Tha @#$%& is you smokin?! If you ain't from NYC don't even talk about streets what goes down in all boroughs right now...GTFO with your fake ass concerns or actin like you doing something about it....sitting your ass at home.

• Praise the Sun

scalman

you should blame the devs , because what they where thinking to even release such trailer. remember they wanted to make their own pc station and its died soon .... is this like far cry from what it could be ? looks bad for them .

Tha @#$%& is you smokin?! If you ain't from NYC don't even talk about streets what goes down in all boroughs right now...GTFO with your fake ass concerns or actin like you doing something about it....sitting your ass at home.
You didn't really get the race/racing joke, did you?
Also, are you gate keeping people from being impacted? Weird flex.

Also I am well aware that the joke was too weak for how much it was in bad taste.

Last edited:

Quantum253

I don't know if the YouTube Stream was off, but something looks off. I thought Project Cars looked awesome when initially announced in trailers/screen shots. Also:
No announcement for next-gen consoles but they commented on NG hardware benefiting racing games, in general
That'd be great to see on Next Gen, racing games seem like an easy way to show off next gen hardware.

Top Bottom