• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS 3 announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

GHG

Gold Member

qCri31s.gif

Ian Bell up to his usual tricks again.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
I feel "a mobile, cheapness" aura surrounding it (after watching that gameplay video). Toca Racer Driver without a story ... somehow i prefer this over PC3

GenericUser

Ok, they are not going to call it project cars 3, it's called project cars revolution apperantly. This is a good thing. So this is basically what Forza Horizon (Arcade) is to the regular Forza Series (SIM). I can dig it. Why not, it's not like we are being flooded with good arcade racers.

I somehow suspect that this announcement does not mean the end of the regular project cars franchise. At least I hope so, I enjoyed PC1 and 2.

xrnzaaas

You know what, personally I don't mind if it's going to be more arcady and a mix of NFS Shift with maybe a little bit of Driveclub (like the stuff with race objectives which I loved in DC). Naming the game Project CARS 3 will piss off a lot of sim fans though.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
That doesnt look good at all.

Played both PC1 + 2 but won't be touching this. The only good car games now are Gran Turismo + Forza.

I'll get Forza Motorsport 8 on XSX/PC.

Fox Mulder

Why does he not knock on sony´s door? Talent wasted "on bad arcades" for the past 3 years? That just does not look "good" imho. Poor fella.

I’d love a new Driveclub style arcade game if this is it. That was my favorite racing game this gen with actually challenging events.

I’m not a fan of the open world blandness of Forza Horizon these days. The ps4 doesn’t have anything close to that game either though. This could be great if it doesn’t suck and fills an arcade gap.

Trailer is bad.

Also, Im all for sim racers but PC2 was a joke. Maybe it was how my wheel was configured (seems to work plug and play for most other racing games) but the cars were absurdly delicate. You had to treat the controls like they were made of glass or you would be flying backwards into a barrier.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
I wonder what graphical downgrades they've inflicted on it this time, to make it run better, as they did with Project Cars 1 to 2.

Great Hair

Banned
I’d love a new Driveclub style arcade game if this is it. That was my favorite racing game this gen with actually challenging events.

I’m not a fan of the open world blandness of Forza Horizon these days. The ps4 doesn’t have anything close to that game either though. This could be great if it doesn’t suck and fills an arcade gap.

Its lame to overtake 15 opponents in one corner or two. This should have long roads a la NFS1 with incoming traffic and it would be much better. PC1 has long ass tracks.

Add some highway battle and it could be fun, but arcade racing on the green hell just doesnt do it for me.

closed off circuits, real tracks = simcade, sim
highway, long mountain passes, roads, cities = arcade

#lol

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
The track list is very impressive (Like the first two).

I can only dream of GT or Forza having such a huge number.

Barnabot

another question:

pit stop animations: are they in or out?

EDIT:

no pit stops as I can see in the video. hummm

that game suddenly became a 'wait for a better price' for the whole package.

Last edited:
Isn't that driveclub feeling?

Most of the guys that worked for Evolution are at Codemasters now, so many of them could be working on this with SMS now that they're all under the Codemasters umbrella. If it's not a full-out sim like Project Cars maybe it'll at least be an arcade racer like Driveclub.

Barnabot

Most of the guys that worked for Evolution are at Codemasters now, so many of them could be working on this with SMS now that they're all under the Codemasters umbrella. If it's not a full-out sim like Project Cars maybe it'll at least be an arcade racer like Driveclub.
that's what i thought. this game could be renamed as the new driveclub or even the shift 3. that'd be better than taking the name of project cars and taint it.

scalman

no it was at least smart move to release it now before next gen because next gen will just destroy it . so we need it like this month because we dont have any other new racing games now so at least this one chance that people will try it.

"Project CARS 3 Is a New Direction for the Series, But Still a Racing Simulator"

Project CARS 3 was announced all of a sudden yesterday for PlayStation 4, and it looks like some outlets have already had a taste of this new direction for the hardcore racing franchise. As the announcement trailer demonstrated, you'll be taking to both the track and streets of classic cities across the world. It's a move which some might fear could come with a more arcadey feel, but Eurogamer has been reassured that isn't the case.

Speaking with Pete Morrish, the game's director of production, he explains that while the physics engine and simulation has been tweaked in the backend, it's still just as sim-focused as the previous two instalments. "One of the concerns with presenting things as simulation is it can be quite po-faced, it can be quite dry, and we wanted to make it much more friendly, much more supportive, much more democratic, so new players could come along and learn at their own pace and get to the point where we as racing game fans, as simulation fans are. At any point in that continuum from beginner to proper esports racer, you can find your level and find your enjoyment."

Morrish goes on to claim that players will work their way through 10 different car classes as part of a revamped career mode which will introduce customisation for both vehicle decals and what's under the hood. "It's not about a huge sweeping change to the overall game, it's more about keeping what was there for the people who loved it and helping more people along the way make those steps into sim racing."

Last edited:

Nemesisuuu

I hope this is all just a joke (in Alonso voice) and they remove wheels completely so we finally get new Wipeout.

but have you seen any game from codemaster that looked like next-gen lately? pc or not pc?
Nope. I'm replying DiRT games and it seems like they lost their touch. DiRT 3 to this day looks stunning in 4k / Ultra on PC. I wonder what went wrong. Fingers crossed new Forza Motorsport will be present at Microsoft's event next month and that it will blow our sock off. I want to be amazed again.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They said it'll have VR support at launch (PC), nice :)

Automobilista 2 is another game that uses the Project Cars engine, in case you missed it. Brazilian studio/racing series/disciplines with good reception so far.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
They said it'll have VR support at launch (PC), nice :)

Automobilista 2 is another game that uses the Project Cars engine, in case you missed it. Brazilian studio/racing series/disciplines with good reception so far.

This sim is fucking amazing, particularly for the open wheel and prototype cars. Some of the other cars need work but it's still early access so I'm hopeful.

The roadmap for new content looks shit hot though. Spa, classic spa, hockenheim, Silverstone, possibly Nords, GT3/4 cars etc.

Once it's content complete I think it will be great.

GHG

Gold Member
that was the question i was going to ask in the codemasters forums but i guess i can't by now. but i've never seen pit stops in a codemaster game outside f1.

Yeh they don't tend to be interested in that side of racing unfortunately, people had to fight tooth and nail to even get a longer race option in Grid 2019.

This will most likely be a race to the front arcade racing game that features real world tracks and real world cars.

Barnabot

now that you got some questions after they released the trailer and some gameplay

hahahahahaha

eIS1mC4.jpg

those damn nda.

Top Bottom