• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

Three60

Lol, I didn't know Mugello was even in the game. Anyone have a list of tracks and their real names?

In-game Modern Tracks

- Anhalt - Oschersleben
- Badenring - Hockenheim
- Bathurst - Mount Panorama
- Belgian Forest Circuit - Spa Francorchamps
- Besos - Circuit de Catalunya
- Bologna (Reverse) - Imola
- California Raceway - Willow Springs
- Connecticut Hill GP (Short) (Reverse) - Watkins Glen
- Derby - Donington Park
- Florence - Mugello
- Heusden - Zolder
- Jin Ding - Zhuhai
- Loire 24 - Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)
- Loire National - Bugatti Circuit
- Milan - Monza
- Monterey - Laguna Seca
- Moravia - Brno
- Northampton - Silverstone
- Sakitto - Suzuka (GP/East/West)
- Wisconsin Raceway - Road America

In-game Historic Tracks

- Historic Badenring - Hockenheim (Pre 2002)
- Rouen Les Essarts
- Historic Milan - Monza (1967. GPL2.)

In-game Country Roads

- California Highway
- Azure Coast

In-game Fictional Tracks

- Test Track

Planned/Confirmed Tracks

- Solitude Rennstrecke
- Nordschleife
- Brands Hatch*
- Oulton Park*
- Snetterton*
- Cadwell Park*
- Old Spa
- Monaco
- Milan Oval

In-game Kart Tracks;

- Chesterfield
- Glencairn (Reverse)
- Glencairn West (Reverse)
- Glencairn East (Reverse)
- Summerton

Copied from http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?2220-List-of-Tracks-in-Project-CARS

fresquito

I want FB for next TT. It's great fun.
I think we could go with the FB, since we haven't used it so far.

I've been playing some races against the AI with the R500 in Brno and it's been quite fun. I don't really know if it's the combo of car+track or that the AI has improved, but it feels good. Specially when you mix clear 03 and cloudy with x10 time. Then it's just fantastic. Graphics are something else when you see cars around you.

I raced the AI around Bathurst last week and they were terrible on it. It wasn't just a case of the windy sections either, there was a pile-up on T1 wvwry single time, haha.

fresquito

Then it must be this combo. I've played four or five races, twelve laps, 15 AIs, and there have been some accidents here and there, but this is racing, accidents happen. All in all, I would say they've been fun and clean races.

I don't think I've raced against the AI a single time yet. IIRC last time I tried it the framerate went to hell. It's also rare that I play this so when I do I just do the laps for the time trial challenge.

I really need to get an easier solution to move the wheel around

I hadn't raced before as I was still getting the framerate up to scratch. Just had one lovely close race on Moravia with 10 other Caterhams. I love the fact that (on that track at least) the AI doesn't brake test me. I could race bumper to bumper and still survive. The AI does seem to twitch a bit in some situations.

I also increased some of the graphical options and lo and behold, framerate didn't go down significantly. This is weird because I even had trouble getting the framerate up in TT.

Depends on the build so, every once in a while a build will mess up the framerate a bit. Atm I'm getting stable 60fps with everything maxed and even x4AA. On certain tracks x8AA.

I raced against 60 AU at Spa a few builds ago and it performed great. Much better optimised...

:eek:

Now I have to try this lol

*edit* LOL, yeah I'll stick to time trials :p

pcars2012-04-3021-07-w0yax.png

pcars2012-04-3021-09-uyxyf.png

pcars2012-04-3021-10-0bx1i.png

Dibbz

Guys I just got this and am looking for some advice on G25 settings. Anyone got some settings they feel improves the game?

Also why can't I reassign buttons to my G25 in the option? Whenever I try it says multiple devices detected and doesn't let me change them.

EDIT: Right now I feel so disconnected from the road. I've put FFB to 80 in game but it's odd because I feel next to nothing when cornering but braking vibrates a lot. This is in formula A btw.

EDIT2: I checked centering spring FFB in games in the Logitech Global Settings and I can feel grip in the tyres now when cornering but the loss of traction when understeering is not there for me. Anyone else feel this?

Guys I just got this and am looking for some advice on G25 settings. Anyone got some settings they feel improves the game?

Also why can't I reassign buttons to my G25 in the option? Whenever I try it says multiple devices detected and doesn't let me change them.

EDIT: Right now I feel so disconnected from the road. I've put FFB to 80 in game but it's odd because I feel next to nothing when cornering but braking vibrates a lot. This is in formula A btw.

EDIT2: I checked centering spring FFB in games in the Logitech Global Settings and I can feel grip in the tyres now when cornering but the loss of traction when understeering is not there for me. Anyone else feel this?

It's not just you. I still feel GT5 does this WAY better. Most of the time I can't tell when it's happening or pull it back together in C.A.R.S.

Shaneus

Road feel is currently done better in quite a few games, IMO. F1 2011 was pretty good, as is rFactor2 (after some tweaking) and especially iRacing. pCARS is good, but it's just missing something.

TJP

Road feel is currently done better in quite a few games, IMO. F1 2011 was pretty good, as is rFactor2 (after some tweaking) and especially iRacing. pCARS is good, but it's just missing something.
I agree too.

I've been playing Ferrari Virtual Academy and both F1 cars feel sensational - I don't feel the same about the Formula A in CARS. A long way to go in development but it's hard not to notice the difference!

Lach

at 2:15.199.

See myself getting 2 seconds off that just by managing to finish a lap without any major errors like i do at the moment...

[edit] and now down to 2:13.835!

markao

Use your left mouse to select and re-asign buttons, not the 'ENTER" key. (make sure nothing is selected, gear shifter/wheel turned if mouse is not the solution ;) )

Set your logitech profiler (SMS Developers' controller settings ) and then, In main controller menu press:
F, map all buttons/axis and save
K, calibrate wheel and save
K twice, calibrate pedals and save
& last in main menu play with FFB/wheel strength and remove deadzones.

I had a go last night in the Caterham (best 2.10.700), not managed to get a comfortable gearing setting (set 6th, but 2nd and 3rd are hopeless). I will have some more time in the next two days, so will try to find something better and post if/when.

Caterham Superlight R500 at Moravia (2 hotlaps 2.10.7) (youtube)

Shaneus

I agree too.

I've been playing Ferrari Virtual Academy and both F1 cars feel sensational - I don't feel the same about the Formula A in CARS. A long way to go in development but it's hard not to notice the difference!
Wait... that's out?!? Is that the other one SMS have been working on that we've seen in videos now and then?

Damn, I don't think I'd mind getting that. Worth the 20 euro?

Edit: Oh wait. It's "2k10". Don't mind me.

TJP

Wait... that's out?!? Is that the other one SMS have been working on that we've seen in videos now and then?

Damn, I don't think I'd mind getting that. Worth the 20 euro?

Edit: Oh wait. It's "2k10". Don't mind me.
I see you worked out FVA isn't the 'simcade' Ferrari Racing Legends game from SMS.

FVA is by the small team who made NetKar-Pro with a graphical overhaul! It's worth getting, just wait for a 30% discount code. All proceeds are going towards Assetto Corsa apparently.

Back to the CARS discussion...

NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #7 - Caterham Superlight R500 @ Moravia (Build 202)

markao - 2.10.700 (video)
Dilly - 2.11.567
Salacious Crumb - 2:11.633
Arucardo - 2:12.464
Mad_Ban - 2:12.559 [pad]
PjotrStroganov - 2:12:567
Foliorum Viridum - 2:13.769 (video)
fresquito - 2:14.432
Orgun - 2:14.731
Lach - 2:15.199
magawolaz - 2:15.807 [pad]
weallstink - 2:17.406
desu - 2:18.600
felipepl - 2:22:000

My goal for this week is to beat Foli ...0.072s left (for now).
I still haven't forgiven you for being a phantom car on Saturday!

BsYMy.jpg

tFQFT.png

Steering lock should be calibrated with the wheel. I hold it at 90 degrees just like the game says. I don't know exactly what tyre force does. I changed it and I like it.

Dibbz

Wait I don't have that tyre force option. Is that from a new build? I downloaded the latest one available to me yesterday but it's only the £10 option.

Dilly

Banned
I'm really wondering about the licensing about cars for the last few weeks.

Obviously that they can't get the GP2 and F1 license, but series like GT1, F3 and Formula Ford would be great to have in the game.

Pretty obvious that they can't go into detail about this stuff, but still.

Big Takeover - 2:11.033 (video)

Leaderboard

Blah third sector. Should have been a comfy :10. I might try again tomorrow.

I think this was my 2nd favorite GAF Challenge behind the A4@Mugello. The track is fairly fun, and the car is pretty lively. Nice combo, Metalmurphy.

fresquito

Don't bother to much with the setting, it will be gone (not working) in the next build, as there will be some new updates to FFB.

I improved my time to 2:10.432, spent most time trying to find an at least somewhat working gearing, but still have not found one.
I don't know how you can brake in such short time. I need twice the time to stop my car if I don't want to go away.

I'm glad you're around (and many other gaffers); I will learn a lot from you!

Heh, I have about the same lines and braking points as Big Takeover but it's so hard to be consistent. The hardest time I am having with this car is because of how it tends to wiggle around a neutral point when changing direction. Especially in the chicanes. I like how throttle can be used to counter understeer but I'm not quite good at it yet.

And for some reason I can't get near my old time anymore. I seem to have the nack for putting in good times when racing in the morning.

Don't bother to much with the setting, it will be gone (not working) in the next build, as there will be some new updates to FFB.

I improved my time to 2:10.432, spent most time trying to find an at least somewhat working gearing, but still have not found one.

Btw, Markie from Digitalracing?

markao

Heh, I have about the same lines and braking points as Big Takeover but it's so hard to be consistent. The hardest time I am having with this car is because of how it tends to wiggle around a neutral point when changing direction. Especially in the chicanes. I like how throttle can be used to counter understeer but I'm not quite good at it yet.

And for some reason I can't get near my old time anymore. I seem to have the nack for putting in good times when racing in the morning.

Btw, Markie from Digitalracing?

yep, Mark was already taken;)

I finally managed to brake the 2.10 barrier. Messy first half, but better second and some good traction, out of the last corner combo uphill, helped a lot. Almost threw it away in the last corner combo, but I most of the time do the same, so did not loose to much on my previous best.

Caterham Superlight R500 at Moravia - 2.09:993 (video)

Arucardo

Wohooo, Zondas for pCARS! :)

The Zonda R is already in Beta 1 so it might even be in tomorrow's build and the Huayra is also coming along nicely.

mclaren777

The Zonda R, the Zonda Cinque and the new Huayra will all be coming to pCARS at some point.

i9C3fq02vhySe.jpg

iY9mI7rT4kpik.jpg

And in better news, pCARS will also be getting the Formula Gulf 1000. (EXCITE GET!!)

ibtyluK1DfkNV0.jpg

Hnggg pics needed.

Looks incredible. I agree we need a TT challenge with this soon! Can't wait to drive around the coast with it.

NeoGAF pCARS Time Trial Challenge - Week #7 - Caterham Superlight R500 @ Moravia (Build 202)

markao - 2.09:993 (video)
Big Takeover - 2:11.033 (video)
Dilly - 2.11.567
Salacious Crumb - 2:11.633
Arucardo - 2:12.464
Mad_Ban - 2:12.559 [pad]
PjotrStroganov - 2:12:567
Foliorum Viridum - 2:13.769 (video)
fresquito - 2:14.432
Orgun - 2:14.731
Lach - 2:15.199
magawolaz - 2:15.807 [pad]
weallstink - 2:17.406
desu - 2:18.600
felipepl - 2:22:000

18 or so hours left this week for you to get your new time in! :)

2:12.333

Probably last try. I also ditched 6th. Doesn't seem necessary on a track where 2nd and 3rd are the most important gears.

By the way. Is it possible to record a winning lap and watch it later? I swear I've done it with a race but I can't seem to figure it out for TT.

Top Bottom