• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

I'm patiently waiting for my fanatec wheel to get fixed on PS4 ... There were 2 thrustmaster deals I almost jumped on. The T300RS fry's deal for $200 and the T500RS for $400 on amazon a couple of days ago. I think my set up of choice now, would be the T300RS with my CSR elite pedals using that adapter. I think this would be so cool! But, I don't really need this ... If this game doesn't get patched soon, I'll end up spending some money ...

That plus the leather wheel addon for T300RS and maybe a TH8A shifter for classic cars would be my (still somewhat affordable) dream setup too. Have never tried the pedals, but I imagine them to be absolutely amazing.

Edit: Is there NO Fanatec wheel support on PS4 at all at the moment? Or is it just bad?

cackhyena

Go for PCars. Despite the bugs and issues with it, it's probably the best racing game I have ever played. Assetto Corsa is good but too bare bones, however the handling feels a bit better compared to project CARS which takes time to get the feel of some of those cars. I haven't played Dirt Rally yet, but it looks good for a early access game.

Isn't that kinda how it should be with different vehicles? Do most cars in Assetto control pretty similar?

brentech

Steam just went down while I was recording my lap =(
Game just said connection lost and kicked me out of the time trial and then had a lock over time trials.

iCz759L.png

1:32.533 - Brentech (pic) // DS4, Manual/TS/ABS

Metfanant

so fellow US PSN digital buyers...are we going to be shit out of luck on getting the modified car pack, even though we didn't have a chance to pre-order? I don't mind spending the $ for it, but I was hoping they would work something out for us...

YES!

It only took me an hour to even complete a single lap without spinning out....but I did it! And I'm not horribly far off some of the slower times either. Definitely room for improvement

1:39.108 - bananafactory (pic) // T100 Wheel, Manual w/auto clutch, no assists

danowat

Banned
Kudos to SMS - that combo sounds perfectly simulated to me..!

You can tells it's laser scanned, there are lumps and bumps all over OP, and that is true in the game, the F1 bucks and weaves all over the place like a rodeo horse, you just have to cling on for dear life and hope it stays facing forward.

Obviously the AI are completely oblivious to this, and just carry on as normal completely unaffected............

mitchlol

0rpWYd8.png

Hotlap Challenge!

Caper Stock Car @ Oschersleben

Original post

1. 1:27.653 - Betta Lines (video) //
2. 1:27.935 - Revson (pic) // XB1, using controller
3. 1:28.502 - markao // PC
4. 1:28.887 - Big Takeover (video) //auto-clutch only
5. 1:29.925 - The_D (pic) // Wheel/real assists/manual with sequential
6. 1:29.939 - Seanspeed (netherworld) // PC, wheel
7. 1.30:292 - Arucardo (post) // No assists and clutch+ H shifter
8. 1:30:306 - Dilly (post) // no assist and clutch+G25
9. 1.30.644 - marvelharvey (pic)
10. 1:30.818 - Slirb (pic) // PC - Wheel (DFP) - ABS only
11. 1:31:259 - saladine1 (pic)
12. 1:31:538 - KillerAJD (pic) // T500RS w/no assists aside from auto-clutch
13. 1:31:587 - Morabu (video) // Wheel, Manual w/auto clutch, no assists except ABS
14. 1.31.616 - Jilt (video) // Steering wheel, no assists, use of clutch and H-shifter
15. 1:31.828 - Azzawon (pic) // XB1
16. 1:32.025 - Megasoum (pic) // Wheel, manual transmission/auto clutch,TS/ABS
17. 1:32.036 - TylerDurden4321 (video) ([URL="http://i.imgbox.com/PFYMvAoV.jpg"]pic)[/URL] // XB1, Wheel, no assists (edit: but auto-clutch)
18. 1:32.296 - mil6es (video) // PS4, DS4, ABS,Line Guide
19. 1:32.437 - Dave_6 (pic) // PC
20. 1:32.533 - Brentech (pic) // DS4, Manual/TS/ABS
21. 1:33.083 - soundscream (post) //wheel, no assist
22. 1:33.675 - Flightwave (pic) // Wheel, no assists, automatic
23. 1:33.922 - danowat (video) // PS4, pad, no assists
24. 1:34:01x - _machine (post) // 360 Pad and ABS only
25. 1:34.107 - Gareth Bale (post) // (wheel, PC)
26. 1:36.533 - Anton668 (pic) // Nibs controller setup on PC with a DS4
27. 1:36.959 - Gestault (pic) // PS4, Controller w/ auto-transmission
28. 1:37 or something - Mascot // SADISTS!
29. 1:39.108 - bananafactory (pic) // T100 Wheel, Manual w/auto clutch, no assists
30. 1:42.816 - RP912 (pic) // PC

I managed a 1:41:173 with Logitech DFGT - Auto clutch PC

Man that car loves to slide..... I need more grip yo

Addnan

What is with the disgusting stock car lol. Who likes to drive that stuff. It was hard just getting a clean lap in forget a fast one. 38 something first clean attempt.

mitchlol

What is with the disgusting stock car lol. Who likes to drive that stuff. It was hard just getting a clean lap in forget a fast one. 38 something first clean attempt.

Agreed, lets see something like Nordschleife with Formula A :D

curious to see how fast you guys are around the track, those stock car times are incredible.

Addnan

My time would be shit regardless of class :p. Just enjoyability haha. Have never been able to get the hang of driving in a game for whatever reason.

Mascot

Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't like the Ice Barge.

Never understood the appeal of stock cars. I guess it's an American thang.

How about the Z4 GT3 at Spa?
I've been wearing a groove in the tarmac around that place lately. I know, it's a cliché. Sue me.

danowat

Banned

I quite like them, I am fairly partial to a bit of oval racing too, I think I am one of the three people who brought the EA Nascar xbox 360 games in the UK!, still gutted that Nascar 14 and 15 were never released in the UK :(

danowat

Banned
Between this and Drive Club, which is the better game (any differences with tuning, servers, and visuals)?

Apples and oranges really, they are quite different games.

Driveclub has no tuning, PCars has a ton, servers are subjective, visuals are probably better on Driveclub.

RP912

Banned
Crash physics remind me of NfS Shift.

F4pBQtI.gif

Overall I think the game is good but it still needs some serious work.

Yea it's really annoying at times lol. I tried to play one race with old fashion Ford cars and it felt like a HD version of Destruction Derby. One hit and my car became a soccer ball.

Yea it's really annoying at times lol. I tried to play one race with old fashion Ford cars and it felt like a HD version of Destruction Derby. One hit and my car became a soccer ball.

I don't remember the car I used in Shift but it was easy to drive under a car to push it out of the way. This also works in pCars with the McLaren but it's not as easy as in Shift.

There's also some of that Shift-magnetism after a collision.

saladine1

Has there been a new patch?
I could swear that volume levels have been fixed because I can finally hear my own car amongst the AI and can also hear the radio chatter..

Quiet in back! You guys are so boring, jeez. Give me the one that nearly drives itself, they say. Smh..

RP912

Banned
I don't remember the car I used in Shift but it was easy to drive under a car to push it out of the way. This also works in pCars with the McLaren but it's not as easy as in Shift.

There's also some of that Shift-magnetism after a collision.

The whole game feels like Shift done right.

If the first NFS Shift had Gran Turismo flare, Forza tracks, and Assetto Corsa penalties...it would be Project CARS lol.

NHale

Crash physics remind me of NfS Shift.

F4pBQtI.gif

Overall I think the game is good but it still needs some serious work.

While I still like the game and when everything works like intended it feels great, I still feel that the game is an early beta version and we are beta testing it for $60/€60. We have so many basic problems that ruin the experience of a racing game especially online like not having penalties for collisions, car stuck like glue when colliding or no off-track limits penalties. Time trials without off-track penalties on chicanes is a complete joke. Seriously have they ignored that?

RP912

Banned
I swear it's getting to the point where I think the game crashing to the desktop is a feature. Almost every race I have to see my desktop screen. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to play MP because of the ongoing issues. I love this game, but I hate this damn game.

Icefire1424

I think I'm now blind from driving in one of the Kart invitationals that occurred early evening while the sun was setting. There were a couple turns and a few straights headed directly into the sun. Gives new meaning to the phrase "blind corner".

I think I'm now blind from driving in one of the Kart invitationals that occurred early evening while the sun was setting. There were a couple turns and a few straights headed directly into the sun. Gives new meaning to the phrase "blind corner".

I want a button for this:
https://youtu.be/-PZ5J3GLSYI?t=3m3s

(blinding was way worse in Driveclub, people thought it was beautiful, I thought "nobody would keep racing at 160mph if you can't see corners or other cars" and was pissed. In PCARS it's better, but still annoying in a race, I turned the driving line on yesterday in the BMW M1 invitational cup at Spa, at least that keeps somewhat visible when blinded by the setting sun)

Icefire1424

I want a button for this:
https://youtu.be/-PZ5J3GLSYI?t=3m3s

(blinding was way worse in Driveclub, people thought it was beautiful, I thought "nobody would keep racing at 160mph if you can't see corners or other cars" and was pissed. In PCARS it's better, but still annoying in a race, I turned the driving line on yesterday in the BMW M1 invitational cup at Spa, at least that keeps somewhat visible when blinded by the setting sun)

Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful, but I still have blind spots a day later where it burned my retinas.

Also to the last guy - I really dislike that Caterham. First "car" I've been able to drive in my career, and it handles like a bistro.

Lmao. How about that awful Caterham bar of soap?

g4gcpjh.gif

Ha ha..! I should know better than to diss silhouettes and ovoids where Americans can see me. Seriously though - what's the next challenge?

You've got it all wrong. It's not about real life cars. It's about the driving experience in the game. I don't really give a shit about NASCAR.

I've got a couple of finalists. I'll choose one later on today, and put it up.

Mascot

I can't find this thread anymore...
Was it removed?

Interesting. I now get:

WMD Message
Mascot, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Mascot

Hmmmmm you seem to be running low on freedom and tearing eagles, how about the boss mustang on Laguna Seca?

I've not driven either of those in pCARS yet but I imagine they are horrible.

:p

Just realised - I haven't even been on the 'Ring yet, either. I really must get out more.
Or rather, stay in more.

danowat

Banned
I've not driven either of those in pCARS yet but I imagine they are horrible.

The Boss isn't great, it does that funny "steering makes your front suspension wobble up and down" just like most of the cars from SHIFT did.

If you want a really sadistic combo, the Ford Mk. IV on Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile, evil, pure evil.

Interesting. I now get:

WMD Message
Mascot, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

hiding.gif

Jilt

Interesting. I now get:

WMD Message

Yeah me too!
I reacted on it yesterday, can't find it anymore.
When does this one go away: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22102-Logitech-steering-wheel-support

Top Bottom