• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Azzawon

Yeah, I know, but the fact they haven't even got a bug list tied down to tackle for the next patch is a concern.

That's true. I think the only reason the patch notes were released for XB1 was because so many people were crying out for it, the Xbox One subforums were a mess. You'd think they'd at least release some info for PS4, though.

Mascot

That's true. I think the only reason the patch notes were released for XB1 was because so many people were crying out for it, the Xbox One subforums were a mess. You'd think they'd at least release some info for PS4, though.

They need better stickied threads over there, or just ONE with concrete info straight from the devs. There's far, far, far too much fud.

It's hardly surprising that so many clone threads get started when there's no go-to place for actual facts.

Azzawon

They need better stickied threads over there, or just ONE with concrete info straight from the devs. There's far, far, far too much fud.

It's hardly surprising that so many clone threads get started when there's no go-to place for actual facts.

I've just had a look at the PS4 subforum and I'm quite surprised to see only one sticky. On the XB1 subforum there's FIVE.

It would be easy to say that it's good communication with regards to XB1, but something needs to be said about PS4 because I'm sure that version isn't perfect.

Xbox One 1.3 update coming tomorrow (28th) now, expected to be around 369 MB. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Release-notes&p=947264&viewfull=1#post947264

but it apparently doesn't fix either the rev-sound bug nor the save-options-and-wait-2-minutes every 2nd time bug... which to me is... that should be an absolute priority. Also some tracks need framerate optimisation.

Well who knows, maybe it is a priority and just not that easy to fix ...as in "it needs more time". I guess we will see how much of an priority bug fixing /optimisation is, when they announce DLC other than downloadable cars (that their car-modleing-guys probably have been working on for a while now anyway).

I really hope this game sees as much after launch support on consoles as GT5 and 6 and DC as well (Forza 5 too I guess, considering they gave out tracks for free after they had everyone's money already), because I can absolutely see me coming back to this game every other month or so within next two years.

Mascot

I've just had a look at the PS4 subforum and I'm quite surprised to see only one sticky. On the XB1 subforum there's FIVE.

It would be easy to say that it's good communication with regards to XB1, but something needs to be said about PS4 because I'm sure that version isn't perfect.

I just managed to get this thread about tyre wear stickied. It's got some great info in it from Doug.

Help me out here please guys and add to the comments at the end about needing better stickies with useful info in them.

Spookie

I just managed to get this thread about tyre wear stickied. It's got some great info in it from Doug.

"All the player cars tires have tire wear, but some are admittedly on the light side. However, AI tire wear wasn't enabled upon release, but is now here in our local builds. Chris and I are working on the degradation rates now and been testing the last two days pretty heavily.. It won't be across the board perfect, but will get the job done."

Oh wow.

Had this interesting yet quite hilarious glitch yesterday. Had to make a gif out of it.
Also had another glitch where all the A.I cars on Monza get stuck at a chicane forever.

y7DXYx.gif

VVV Mars VG

Yes its a bit of a mess, sometimes one thread with a regular updated OP works best.

Klocker

but it apparently doesn't fix either the rev-sound bug nor the save-options-and-wait-2-minutes every 2nd time bug... which to me is... that should be an absolute priority. Also some tracks need framerate optimisation.

Well who knows, maybe it is a priority and just not that easy to fix ...as in "it needs more time". I guess we will see how much of an priority bug fixing /optimisation is, when they announce DLC other than downloadable cars (that their car-modleing-guys probably have been working on for a while now anyway).

I really hope this game sees as much after launch support on consoles as GT5 and 6 and DC as well (Forza 5 too I guess, considering they gave out tracks for free after they had everyone's money already), because I can absolutely see me coming back to this game every other month or so within next two years.

I also read that there is a follow up patch a week from Friday with the DLC adding the 6-9% performance increase on Xbox and so hopefully some other bugs addressed in that

Azzawon

I've made a request for some useful stickies in each subforum. There was a lot of helpful stuff back on the old WMD forum so something similar to that would go a long way I think.

danowat

Banned
The whole forum is a bit of a clusterfuck, genuinely interesting posts tend to get lost in the mire of hyperbole from both sides.

This isn't an unusual requirement...

Really? I guess I don't play enough PC games, because I think most of the ones I play let me adjust them in-game. The screen will flash black for a moment, and then ask if I want to keep the new settings.

Much easier to dial in settings if it can do it on the fly.

Did some more laps today and managed a 1:38.345. I still keep going off track a lot, but I am making some progress. It's just getting harder to lower my lap times.
I'll probably do some more tomorrow once the update gets released, as it seems like it adjusts the handling a bit when using a controller.

markao

Awesome time. Mind sharing your full set-up??
Day late as I messed up my previous set-up and with the brilliant in game saving system no way to fall back:(

Mainly set up the car to get easier and quicker trough the fast corners (mainly last one sector 2/3). Braking was done for the last corner, tricky one. Struggled a bit to get constantly quick through the two chicanes, with this set-up. If rear unstable, there is some down-force left to add to the rear.

Did a 1.31.335 (no aids) with this set-up:

(click for full res.)

The_D

Neo Member
^^^
Thanks for that. I might try that myself tomorrow.
It would be nice if we could save more than one setup per track.

TJP

"All the player cars tires have tire wear, but some are admittedly on the light side. However, AI tire wear wasn't enabled upon release, but is now here in our local builds. Chris and I are working on the degradation rates now and been testing the last two days pretty heavily.. It won't be across the board perfect, but will get the job done."

Oh wow.
I presume this has an effect on the career and other race modes? It is an odd decision to release a racing sim where the AI has no tyre wear at all.

Fox Mulder

I presume this has an effect on the career and other race modes? It is an odd decision to release a racing sim where the AI has no tyre wear at all.

It is, just like how they're not affect by weather. The AI is still too easy though.

danowat

Banned
Can setup be modified for time trial!?

Yes, it will load any setup you have saved for that combo during another session.

My feelings for this game are so bi-polar, when it's good, it's so, so good, when you hit a good lap on Oulton park in something like the Formula Rookie, the feeling is like nothing else I've ever experienced in a driving game, and I've played a lot, they got that part of it so right.

But man, when it's bad, and the frustrations set in with the little bugs (makes me grind my teeth every time the console decides to ruin the setup I've spent so long crafting by chucking in some completely random settings just before the race), it's bad enough for me to want to virtually burn the disc (I have a digital copy)..........

Yes, it will load any setup you have saved for that combo during another session.

My feelings for this game are so bi-polar, when it's good, it's so, so good, when you hit a good lap on Oulton park in something like the Formula Rookie, the feeling is like nothing else I've ever experienced in a driving game, and I've played a lot, they got that part of it so right.

But man, when it's bad, and the frustrations set in with the little bugs (makes me grind my teeth every time the console decides to ruin the setup I've spent so long crafting by chucking in some completely random settings just before the race), it's bad enough for me to want to virtually burn the disc (I have a digital copy)..........
Thx m8

D'oh, I only just realized that you can assign a button to switch between the screens on the in-car MOTEC display. Being able to monitor sector and overall lap times, fuel consumption per lap, and water, oil, tire and brake temps without the clutter of the HUD is a goddamned game-changer.

Bydobob

You guys asking for setup advice should know our current champ Betta Lines is on stock setup with no assists. Best I've managed after 2 sessions is 1.32.994, also stock and no assists. A poor first sector though, around .4 down on my best, will post vid when when I put it together for a whole lap.

Downloaded Betta's ghost to see where I'm losing time, and the most obvious place is Brittens (first chicane). Despite riding the kerb your car seems really settled and you're able to put the power down earlier. It's a fabulous lap all round though, real skill you have there.

Arucardo

You guys asking for setup advice should know our current champ Betta Lines is on stock setup with no assists. Best I've managed after 2 sessions is 1.32.994, also stock and no assists. A poor first sector though, around .4 down on my best, will post vid when when I put it together for a whole lap.

Downloaded Betta's ghost to see where I'm losing time, and the most obvious place is Brittens (first chicane). Despite riding the kerb your car seems really settled and you're able to put the power down earlier. It's a fabulous lap all round though, real skill you have there.

As long as Betta and Dilly keep using default setups I'll stick with it too. Would be kinda dumb for me to keep it default if everyone in the top10 is using a custom setup.

Also Ryökäle, I see you just gave me a reason to put in some laps ;D .

XB1 patch 1.3 is up here on the US west coast, (370 MB).

They weren't kidding, the steering feel is worlds better thanks to the tweaks to the analog stick's range. Having time of day for Time Trials synched across platforms is great as well.

Arucardo

To those fast people who race with no assists, are you faster with real assists on or slower??

Depends on the car I guess, but I always prefer having all of it off to keep me more involved so to speak. TC or stability control can make you slower at entering and exiting corners too. Also, sometimes the car is less predictable with assists on (to me at least). I avoid using ABS in most cases too.

For me sim racing is about making it as authentic as possible, so if I'm using an old F1 car for example and the real thing had a H-pattern shifter I'm gonna use one too instead of a sequential or paddle shifters. I know a lot of modern race cars have traction control and other assists but I still keep them off as long as the car is still drivable without them (in most cases they are or you'll learn to drive them).

VVV Mars VG

To those fast people who race with no assists, are you faster with real assists on or slower??

Depends on the car and how much wheel spin it generates, in some cars TCS will give a more consistent traction which makes you more confident in putting your foot down rather than searching for grip as you apply the power.

Mascot

They weren't kidding, the steering feel is worlds better thanks to the tweaks to the analog stick's range. Having time of day for Time Trials synched across platforms is great as well.

Cool - glad you boners can enjoy it properly with a gamepad now.

Hoping the Fanatec patch for PS4 follows soon. I've parked pCARS up until it does, the deadzone was killing me.

So maybe i'm missing something but the time on the TT is still different on PS4 right? On my PC/XB1 it looks around midday whereas on PS4 its evening?

Lego Boss

Help me out here please guys and add to the comments at the end about needing better stickies with useful info in them.

Does this mean that the AI will behave as if they're driving in the wet (when the weather changes) in the patch for XBONE?

There are so many issues with this game, it's genuinely difficult to keep up.

Azzawon

Does this mean that the AI will behave as if they're driving in the wet (when the weather changes) in the patch for XBONE?

There are so many issues with this game, it's genuinely difficult to keep up.

Not in this one, maybe the next. As Doug said in the forums, what he's been describing is in a local build. Once some other bug fixes are done too, they'll probably send that out for certification as the next patch.

Nero18

Has there been any new word in Logitech support? Havent had too many glitches or bugs but i just dont find the game to be that fun without a wheel. Strange how they went silent after that leaked picture.

RP912

Banned
I had this crazy glitch yesterday. I was about to start a race with hazy conditions and the whole area looked like dirt. When I moved the camera, the sky was breaking up. Anywho, I start the race and the whole screen was changing colors and the cars looked like clay.

Tried that Oulton Park thing, got a 1:35:220 with a 360 pad, real assists.
xIcOk69.jpg

This was my, like, 2nd or 3rd try so I think I can do a fair bit better if I put my mind to it. Only been playing for a few days too.

I gave it another go with the newest XO patch, framerate has improved with the new time of day, but still not perfect.

Xbox One, Wheel, TCS/ABS/STM/Auto-Clutch on, custom setup,
New lap time: 1:34.508
proxy.jpg

kie25

I'll have to try the ruf again tomorrow as got gtplanet league qualifying tonight :) I went bk to stock set up and matched my previous best time so need to scrap to many set up changes for bit, seems the stock settings on the RUF are very good.

Top Bottom