• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Lego Boss

I had this crazy glitch yesterday. I was about to start a race with hazy conditions and the whole area looked like dirt. When I moved the camera, the sky was breaking up. Anywho, I start the race and the whole screen was changing colors and the cars looked like clay.

I NEED to see this.

havent played today with the patch, not looking forward to dialing in controller setting again.

Depending on your previous settings, particularly speed sensitivity and controller filtering, you might not have to. I was able to simply pick up where I left off, only with much finer steering control. The game plays beautifully on a pad now.

Lego Boss

Depending on your previous settings, particularly speed sensitivity and controller filtering, you might not have to. I was able to simply pick up where I left off, only with much finer steering control. The game plays beautifully on a pad now.

This is spot on. It's like a different game now.

Superb stuff from.SMS. Better late than never.

same thing here, didn't change any settings on the controller post patch, smooth steering, none of that jerkiness

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
p5Q4Nvv.jpg

DY2Ehw2.jpg

fy4dqrI.jpg

Sometimes you have to power through a race.

Klocker

Night and day on the Xbox controller. Finally feel like I can work on the line and throttle, braking rather than fighting the controller to stay on the track.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yeah, I just got the patch and its a huge improvement. Still messing with the control settings though. Now I just have to work on not sucking.
Is this a universal controller improvement? Or just for XB1? I'd really like to be able to play this with a controller at night(wheel is too loud), but it's currently just no good.

So did the XB1 patch really improve controller performance?

I'm sitting on the fence here...
Yes. It's like a night and day difference.

I'm in my 20th season and I seems like the frame rate during certain gameplay situations also got better.

Is this a universal controller improvement? Or just for XB1? I'd really like to be able to play this with a controller at night(wheel is too loud), but it's currently just no good.
Only Xbox One.

If I remember correctly there were situations where

- steering would lock up, so if you pressed right on the analogue stick the car would go left

- the steering would max out at 50% so the tires wouldn't turn all the way to the left or right

I even remember reading on the official forums that the rumble would update with a higher frequency than intended, which somehow tanked the frame rate.

It really was a mess. Most of the bad reviews of the game on sites like amazon weren't because the game has visual problems but because the controls were completely f*cked up.

danowat

Banned

Just xbox, there was an issue with the deadzones that was unique to that platform.

Which platform are you having problems with?

Some footage from a career race using the BAC Mono, which is a pretty cracking car to drive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0TUVSyscYc

Seanspeed

Banned
PC. It's just not playable with a controller at all. Might be fine if you don't mind being seconds off the pace, but that's not ok with me.

danowat

Banned
PC. It's just not playable with a controller at all. Might be fine if you don't mind being seconds off the pace, but that's not ok with me.

Have you tried adjusting the controller settings?, quite possible for me to run with the AI at 90/100 with the controller on the PS4

Sickbean

I play on PC with controller. I'd love to blame my slowness on it but there are plenty of people who are fast on a controller.

_machine

New AMD drivers (still in beta and I get some occasional full lockups on my computer, but a few minutes of gameplay showed a noticeable increase in performance): http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

EDIT:
Release Notes said:
Performance:
Project Cars - Up to 17% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products

Known issue:
[419945] Project CARS: Corruption may be observed if Anti-Aliasing is set to DS2M when run in Crossfire mode. As a workaround we suggest using a different Anti-Aliasing method.

Don't have time to really test it out just yet, but I'll try to get some hours in after work.

so how necessary is a proper fov? I calculated mine and it was 35 but it just felt wrong I couldn't properly gauge my speed and distance from corners.

Mascot

Oh damn, you could actually be onto something there.

I don't think it's much of a secret from the heavy hints that Ian Bell was dropping in the PS4 threads before Logitech yanked his choke-chain. The only question is: just G29, or the legacy wheels too?

Azzawon

I don't think it's much of a secret from the heavy hints that Ian Bell was dropping in the PS4 threads before Logitech yanked his choke-chain. The only question is: just G29, or the legacy wheels too?

Yeah that's what made me think. There's clearly something going on, but who knows what? It would make more sense that they can't post patch notes because it could say something like:
- Added support for Logitech wheels
Whereas if it was DLC they could have easily just stated that it was preparation for an upcoming DLC pack or something like that.

RP912

Banned

jaypah

I tried it out and notice some improvements. It's nothing too fancy, but it's better than nothing.

I was getting less than 60fps in dry conditions with 16 cars on my 290x. Can get a mostly 60fps with 20 cars in dry conditions now. That was with things on medium, now I'm running high. About to try ultra and see what it does.

Edit: on ultra settings 47fps in the grid and 60fps when I break away from the pack. The dips in the pack make me want to roll high settings for now as I thought the game looked nice and the mostly 60fps is worth it.

Zeknurn

Gamereactor posted the box shot of the G29 along with some information
q3L5zmo.jpg

Sources close to Logitech have offered up some details on the firm's newest racing wheel.

Reportedly the G29 will be licensed to Sony for use on the PS3 and PS4, meaning the wheel won't be compatible or released for PC. There'll only be one model of the wheel on offer - with a RRP of 189 Euros - with a gear shift add-on to be sold separately.

An official announcement looks set to be around mid to late June, potentially putting a reveal right slap in the middle of E3, with a release possibly following shortly after.

AngerdX

Well I broke down and just bought this for my pc hopefully it'll run good enough, time to get some use out of my old trustworthy G25.

Top Bottom