• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Draco now known as Crimson Dragon

Pooya

Yukio Futatsugi just announced on twitter that this is the name, there was an event today.
https://twitter.com/yukiof/statuses/173618529248100354

I thought this was an XBLA game?

http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/xbox-360/project-draco.html

crimsondrag-p-kinect-3d.jpg

duckroll

Yukio Futatsugi just announced on twitter that this is the name, there was an event today.
https://twitter.com/yukiof/statuses/173618529248100354

I thought this was an XBLA game?

http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/xbox-360/project-draco.html

Well, that online store is also using a cam version of the original announcement trailer as a video... so it could just be a shitty retailer.

There's supposed to be a stage event for the game in a little over an hour I think. Maybe there'll be more details from the media later today.

duckroll

I want this so bad right now. They need to show some gameplay footage.

There should be stuff up later today, once the event is over and people have time to put recordings and stuff online. Unless no one cared to record anything and MS doesn't have a new trailer for the media.

Raide

Last shot looks interesting. From my horrific knowledge of Kanji, is that different types of meat you can feed the Dragon?

The around the camp-fire shot gave me a Monster Hunter vibe for some reason. :D

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Really hope we're not stuck with that shitty red dragon but given the name... Maybe other forms are different enough...

benzy

There should be stuff up later today, once the event is over and people have time to put recordings and stuff online. Unless no one cared to record anything and MS doesn't have a new trailer for the media.

Cool. Maybe BlimBlim or someone from Gamersyde is there to capture decent quality footage.

duckroll

Really hope we're not stuck with that shitty red dragon but given the name... Maybe other forms are different enough...

There are other dragons, but this is the first one and the main one given the title. They've definitely mentioned that there are other dragons you can unlock, they just haven't shown them yet. I don't think there will be many dragons though, considering it is a XBLA, and the main customization feature is how you develop a dragon. So even the same designs will end up with very different skills and abilities depending on what you feed it, etc.

For those interested, there is a Nico stream of the talk events at the venue: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv81425447

Starting in a few minutes is a Dragon's Dogma stage talk. In 2 hours, there will be a talk event regarding Crimson Dragon and Diabolical Pitch.

I can 't read anything on that link(or any Japanese) but Diabolical Pitch is one of my most anticipated games of the year so would love it if someone could give some crib notes of the talk on that game.

Croc

Banned
Crimson Dragon sounds like a name a fantasy-obsessed high schooler would give his novel that is going to "make millions for sure."

Teknoman

I'd like co-op if they're going to do any kind of online. Either that or something new and original...even though I have no idea what they could do.

Is it going to be the same person who composed for the past Panzer Dragoon games?

Pooya

the game looked like it controlled pretty good on stage, I don't have any experience with kinect. It was hard to hear the music in the stream.

another pic

cvxfreak said:
Futatsugi: Crimson Dragon co-developed with Land Ho and "past coworkers" ランド・ホー!
5254288676el11.jpg

Gaspode_T

Looks like Panzer Dragoon meets Monster Hunter to me (just the way the town/items are laid out in the screens, haven't looked at videos yet)

I mean, you need to bring different types of meat and go on "missions", at least it seems more RPG oriented than I thought it would be.

duckroll

Looks like Panzer Dragoon meets Monster Hunter to me (just the way the town/items are laid out in the screens, haven't looked at videos yet)

I mean, you need to bring different types of meat and go on "missions", at least it seems more RPG oriented than I thought it would be.

Huh? It's exactly like Panzer Dragoon. There's nothing that's like Monster Hunter at all. Panzer Dragoon games have chapter select, and you pick up items from stages to use to develop your dragon. You don't bring meat on missions, they're just items you get from stages and you use to feed the dragon to learn new skills and stuff. Just like in Panzer Dragoon.

Junie12

I'll play this game with kinect but my room is too small :(
Which is a shame cause this game sounds so interesting.

why Kinect only, why?!
Seriously?
if the game turns out good, i'll grab a Kinect just for this.... D:

I'll play this game with kinect but my room is too small :(
Which is a shame cause this game sounds so interesting.

I refuse to believe your room is too small. I can't imagine this will be any different than CoE where you need to stand a foot or two in front of the tv.

Junie12

Seriously?

I refuse to believe your room is too small. I can't imagine this will be any different than CoE where you need to stand a foot or two in front of the tv.

Is not that my room is small, is just that my current arrangement makes it very difficult to play kinect games <_<

duckroll

Crimson Dragon will have a total of 7 worlds, 6 playable dragons, and over 100 skills. It will also feature up to 3 players co-op over Xbox Live.

Crimson Dragon will have a total of 7 worlds, 6 playable dragons, and over 100 skills. It will also feature up to 3 players co-op over Xbox Live.
honestly it looks like the best kinec thing out. Overall I don't care because I don't kinect, but I just had to compliment it. Sounds legit.

adelante

So i guess this will control like old dragoon games/child of eden then? Painting targets with your crosshair, a weapon assigned to each hand...

duckroll

Any info on Diabolical Pitch?

There's a new preview with some screens here: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/26010607.html (don't click on it, copy and paste to your address bar).

I don't know much about the game and it looks really dumb to me tbh. The article doesn't mention much other than it's the sort of game you would expect from the screens. Suda51's crazy baseball pitching action game where you throw balls at enemies and destroy them, etc. There are items and baseball cards you can collect by completing stages, and you can use those to customize your character.

There's apparently 2-player co-op multiplayer as well, as seen in the menu screen, but it wasn't available to be shown at the event today.

There's a new preview with some screens here: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/26010607.html (don't click on it, copy and paste to your address bar).

I don't know much about the game and it looks really dumb to me tbh. The article doesn't mention much other than it's the sort of game you would expect from the screens. Suda51's crazy baseball pitching action game where you throw balls at enemies and destroy them, etc. There are items and baseball cards you can collect by completing stages, and you can use those to customize your character.

There's apparently 2-player co-op multiplayer as well, as seen in the menu screen, but it wasn't available to be shown at the event today.
this shit is getting lair'd isn't it?

?????

I don't quite understand what you mean, sorry. I just think the game looks stupid and I'm not a fan of Suda51 games. I just posted the info because he asked.
I don't even know what I'm getting at either. Just looking at these pics reminds me of lair for one reason or another, and the hype around it (as far as kinect game hype goes lol) and then you saying it sounds dumb. But it looks like it could be something actually good. Therefore lair'd.

I'll shut up now :(

Top Bottom