• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Evolution Soccer 2015 Apparently Coming to the Wii U

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right the news seems to be on a few French sites right now and I am unsure how reliable this information is, well, here is what Google Translate is saying.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2014/00073040-pes-2015-les-details.htm

It took time, but PES 2015 is now officially announced by Konami. An episode which will be a first step towards the eighth generation of consoles, an eagerly awaited by many fans of the series forward. 's first news however, is that owners of PS3 and 360 will not be forgotten since PES 2015 will also be released on these media (therefore giving PS3, 360, PS4 , One and Wii U ). The bad news is that for now, the PC does not seem concerned.

http://www.nintendo-town.fr/index.p...015-arrive-sur-wii-u&catid=84:wii2&Itemid=232

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 arrives on Wii U

Konami takes advantage of the opportunity of this lack of competition and confirmed that Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 arrives on Wii U at the same time as the PS3 versions, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. A very good news for the players of the Nintendo console. The editor also probably finding his account leaving the game on Wii U in Japan,

Lets hope they still have the wiimote thing, plus the classical control and now touch for making tactics and stuff. ill buy.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow...thats surprising and awesome at the same time. Hope its true.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's surprising and very welcomed. Gamepad usage will be great, but even if it's just for off-screen it's still great. Playing football late night in bed or on the crapper is god like. This is good news for me ahead of the game tonight. Good start of the season.

Edit: I hope it will be officially confirmed.

Typo in thread title or did the pro always stand for project. I assumed it was professional :(

Edit: LOL 2 replies above me saying the same thing.

Sayter

Love the thread title. It's like the WiiU showing up at a very fancy restaurant. But the maitre d is very reluctant to let him in, even though he has a reservation.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Love the thread title. It's like the WiiU showing up at a very fancy restaurant. But the maitre d is very reluctant to let him in, even though he has a reservation.

We have kind of reached that point with 3rd party Wii U releases.

Cool. Loved PES 5/6 gameplay, but then FIFA actually stopped being crap. Haven't kept up with football games since '11 - what's the GAF verdict these days?

Hmm, and it's running on Fox Engine now too? Interesting.

cacildo

When we talk about soccer games im always amazed that they simply arent popular on portable systems.

I live in brasil, most soccer fans are really crazy about it, my cousin have a ps3 exclusively for Fifa games, that he buys every year. I keep thinking every soccer fan would love to just pop out a 3ds at lunch time and play a few matches before going back to work.

But no, it simply dosent happen, nowhere in the world, it seems

But anyway, great for the wiiu soccer crowd, it seems! My own cousin is looking for an alternative for the ps3, and maybe the wiiu is it. His son is growing up, noticing videogames and he is not exactly thrilled by the selection of kids games on the playstation family. He has been asking me about the xbox one and kinect, but i have nothing good to tell him about it...

That was pretty funny... and it makes me sympathize even more with the wiiu

L~A

From the official website:

PES 2015 will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and additional formats during autumn/winter period of 2014.

Yeah, sounds like speculation from JV.com, unless someone got the actual PR with the list of platforms?

We have kind of reached that point with 3rd party Wii U releases.

Not really, we're way past that. We're at the point where the Wii U is wearing a special bracelet (with a GPS), and if the police detects it going within a certain distance of a 3rd-part publisher, a SWAT team is dispatched to stop it using violent means.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
They seem to have a lot of info on the game but once again it is hard to tell because if these was PR is seems to be in French.

L~A

They seem to have a lot of info on the game but once again it is hard to tell because if these was PR is seems to be in French.

It's already available in English.

Old ;)

From official blog:

PES 2015:

PES 2015 is centered on the mantra ‘the pitch is ours’, reflecting the on-field focus of the new game. Boasting new levels of visual acuity and in-game advances that include new shooting, passing and player AI, PES 2015 offers a crisper, more responsive experience and the most accurate offering of a top-flight match to date. The FOX Engine also enhances the graphical elements, from the players’ likenesses and movement, to the natural look of the on-field action, crowds and stadiums, truly bringing the game to vivid next gen life.

With the addition of PES ID, teams will be automatically set up to play as they do in real-life, with key players used as they should be. These players are also instantly recognizable via their running styles and how they perform. The individuality of the players is further enhanced with seamless animations. Movements flow effortlessly, depending on the player’s position in relation to the ball and its speed.

PES 2015 will be released in Autumn for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and additional formats. gamescom will see KONAMI presenting a playable version of PES 2015 on the new generation of consoles for the first time at a large public event, allowing visitors to experience the many advances first hand.

From July 29. Still only PS4/XB1.

"Excuse me Sir, do you 'ave any business here?"

"Yes, I believe I have a table reserved here for tonight."

"Mon apologies Sir, but zis is a very exclusive establishment. Are you sure you are not thinking of some other restaurant?"

"An exclusive establishment? Excellent, well I know all about exclusives. Please check the list for me. Last name Wii U, first name Nintendo."

"I... I... zis is the third party booking for this evening! The multiplatform booking! Zere must be some mistake! Messrs Sony and Microsoft will be in attendance. Why would zey require a scruffy, underwhelming commoner such as you?!?"

"I'm an old friend with Madame Konami. She and I go back a long way. Please, show me to my table, so I can let her know I've arrived. Oh, and would you be so good to park my car for me. I left it on the hotel wall, near the entrance. Try not to scratch it, there's a good boy."

1-Die-Another-Day-beard.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
That's surprising and very welcomed. Gamepad usage will be great, but even if it's just for off-screen it's still great. Playing football late night in bed or on the crapper is god like. This is good news for me ahead of the game tonight. Good start of the season.

Edit: I hope it will be officially confirmed.
agree!
I hope it is true!

Principate

Saint Titanfall
From the official website:

Yeah, sounds like speculation from JV.com, unless someone got the actual PR with the list of platforms?

Not really, we're way past that. We're at the point where the Wii U is wearing a special bracelet (with a GPS), and if the police detects it going within a certain distance of a 3rd-part publisher, a SWAT team is dispatched to stop it using violent means.

TBF the official website could simply be updated late , it's not as if we have been in this situation a another third party publisher. Could be a PR statement sent out by email or something. Plus that statement doesn't exactly refute was being said (It even says to expect future announcements)..

I'm holding judgement on whether I think this actually from Konami or not

deleted

Could pay off, since FIFA isn't coming this year and the userbase is growing with Kart, Zelda, Smash.

Not in a huge way, but maybe enough to continue porting and establishing Pro Evo as the go to football franchise for the next Nintendo console.

Jackano

Well, they did PES Play Maker or something like that (I don't remember the exact title sorry) on Wii back in the day.
Makes sense since football games are kinda... a blue ocean on Wii U.

DizzyCrow

I hope it's true, I don't play these games but third party support its always welcome.

When we talk about soccer games im always amazed that they simply arent popular on portable systems.

I live in brasil, most soccer fans are really crazy about it, my cousin have a ps3 exclusively for Fifa games, that he buys every year. I keep thinking every soccer fan would love to just pop out a 3ds at lunch time and play a few matches before going back to work.

But no, it simply dosent happen, nowhere in the world, it seems
I still see some guys playing on PSPs, I have some friends that bought them just for PES, but never saw anyone with a 3DS playing soccer.

Wasn't the control scheme in PES Wii supposed to be really, really well done? Wonder if they'll bring it back for 2015, or if it'll just be a basic port of the 360/PS3 versions.

Ondore

A Wii U version of PES would take it from "eh, I'll download it if it's on PS+ and never play it" to "So when does the preorder go live?" I think I have a problem.

Yagharek

Wasn't the control scheme in PES Wii supposed to be really, really well done? Wonder if they'll bring it back for 2015, or if it'll just be a basic port of the 360/PS3 versions.

Yep. Wii playmaker control setup is fantastic but it has a learning curve. In the end it makes for a better game than any fifa or pes this past gen.

Top Bottom