• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Morpheus GDC Presentation LiveBlog Discussion Thread. [LIVE]

UPDATE: ITS OVER

Old prototype
13254503705_8e867e1ae0_z.jpg

Updated Prototype!

FIRST HALF OF 2016 RELEASE More at E3

120Hz OLED display at 1920 x RGB x 1080

<18ms latency

5.7" screen gives about 100 degrees field of view

9 Tracking LEDs for robust 360 degree tracking

One-button quick on/off design

You can use your glasses

You can flip out the front to look down and find a controller quickly

4 new demos available.

Games can be at 60fps themselves, but rendered at 120fps for Morpheus using "reprojection" in software libraries

Develoeprs are encouraged to reach 120 fps

PS4 was designed to have a 120 fps output, which we haven't talked about publicly in the past(!)

We feel 120 FPS is ideal for VR

PS4 was designed to have a 120 fps output, which we haven't talked about publicly in the past(!)

FleetFeet

Disappointed that there's no stream... but a live blog is better than nothing. I do hope they film it and upload it to youtube later, just as they did last year.

Mindlog

Hello 6 year old self.
It's finally happening. We're almost there!

DON'T BUY THAT GODDAMN STUNTMASTER HEADSET. IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!

LogicStep

Hello 6 year old self.

lol

I remember being a kid in a mall and seeing some really really early vr stuff being demoed (why the hell were they demoing that in a mall in the damn 80s?!) and thinking holy shit that looks cool. Well, this looks to be soooo much cooler. :D

Hello 6 year old self.

I had the Sony Glasstrons back in ~2003..

sony3.gif

It was pretty cool at the time, and a lot of Pilotwings 64 and Timesplitters 2 were played on it. In retrospect the image quality was pretty bad though.

GeoramA

Finally. Been a long ass time since we heard anything new about Morpheus. A few game announcements would be nice.

I had the Sony Glasstrons back in ~2003..

sony3.gif

It was pretty cool at the time, and a lot of Pilotwings 64 and Timesplitters 2 were played on it. In retrospect the image quality was pretty bad though.

Wasn't that thing like $1000? I believe they had an upgraded version that was only 720p as well...

Top Bottom