• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Natal - controller free gaming on 360

itxaka

Defeatist
Win

My GF will finally be able to play with me if it works as it's suppoused to do.

I'm all in.

Dude, moving menus like in the movies!

dorkimoe

birdman said:
Yeah, you and DuckRacer need to get real jobs.
this

do you guys flip coins to see who goes first?

but my thought is, they better not put effort into this...

the only cool thing is the voice control and minority report through netflix

Binabik15

Retarded.

But I like that it´ll have 4320p resolution, beams you right into games and dresses and cures aids.

Sigh.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
According to a Seattle Times blog entry

"Prices and timing weren't available, but it won't be available until 2010 at the earliest and will probably cost around $200. Microsoft has already given game developers tools to start building games that uses the device."

laserbeam

Banned
Cygnus X-1 said:
How accurate is it?

That's the question.

Sure that's smart that it will be included in every X360.

they did not say it would be included. they said it would be compatible with every 360

Be interested to see how their voice recognition will work across the UK, given the historic impossibility in understanding our broad range of regional dialects.

EDIT: also, jesus christ at his cheap shot at waggle, when that ricochet demo looked like she was having some kind fo fit.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
As someone who hasn't seen the actual video from the conference (blocked at work :(), what makes this more engaging than the EyeToy?

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
FAIL. You know that it is not going to work as it's supposed to... And I don't want imaginary controls. I think the audience is like "uhhh". :D

CiSTM

Banned
Looks really great. I hope it gets some decent games in the future. Can't wait what next gen will bring.

nubbe

Either they include that piece of shit with every console sold from now on or it is another useless peripheral.

depward

It looks real stupid and it was the reason why I sold my Wii; does everything need to be a chore? I like to play games so I can sit on my couch and not move as much as possible.

"Its not just a bunch of pre-set waggle commands!"

I loved that part, especially since they are doing this because of nintendo :lol
DarkJediKnight said:
This tech seems awesome!!! Very responsive from the live show on G4.
HELL YES!

The demos they showed were horrifically bad.
I'm not sure how changing blades with a fucking hand gesture is any easier than a controller.

Not impressed at all.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
DarienA said:
According to a Seattle Times blog entry

"Prices and timing weren't available, but it won't be available until 2010 at the earliest and will probably cost around $200. Microsoft has already given game developers tools to start building games that uses the device."

Around $200? I can't see too many people paying that much for this, regardless of how cool it is. That raises the price of a motion-controlled 360 to $400-$600.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Looks like it doesn't work well. They should have worked on it more and put it out with the 720.

Plus, they have Molyneux selling it...which scares me.

Top Bottom