• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Octopath Traveler on Switch 2018, demo on eShop [Up: Surveys sent out]

I'm really intrigued by this. I've been disillusioned with JRPGs for a long time, but there seems to be some interesting ideas happening here.

Definitely in for the demo.

SlickVic

Liking that art style, and each of the main characters having different abilities to progress through the story sounds interesting. Looking forward to trying the demo.

Neff

I'm avoiding Mario so this was the star of the Direct for me. Really does seem like a SNES/PSone era RPG brought to life in a new, high-tech way.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This game looks incredible. This vaulted into the top of my most wanted list.

forrest

formerly nacire
Really like seeing how different devs approach the switch hardware in terms of art direction. I'm not much of a turn based guy, but I love the look of this and will definitely be checking out the demo!

Beartruck

Pretty sure this is the bravely default guys, which explains the shit title. This is my #1most anticipated switch title. Cant wait to download it!

Valahart

This looks super interesting. Seems like a very experimental title. It has potential. Hoping to hear some impressions.

Game looks great, but it's still funny to me that the devoted 1/4 of their Spotlight Games and shadowdropped a demo for a game that still doesn't have a final title.

Reki

I was surprised by the demo announcement, they may be trying to get some feedback like they did with the demos for BD in Japan.

SkyOdin

It still looks like the Bravely Default team's take on Romancing SaGa, which is really exciting. The Path Action system looks interesting.

Fou-Lu

Reminds me of a SaGa game and the art is absolutely beautiful. I am really looking forward to giving it a try.

Mael

It still looks like the Bravely Default team's take on Romancing SaGa, which is really exciting. The Path Action system looks interesting.

Just imagine if Kawazu is involved!
6gRCnArh.jpg

forrest

formerly nacire
They really should add a "Demo" Category to the left in the eshop or let you filter by demos, but maybe I'm just missing something.

sotojuan

Looks very good but I hope it has a better story and dialogue than BD. JRPG developers can come up with awesome battle systems and graphics/art styles but fall short on the rest.

Aeana

This game looks SaGa as hell

I am so excited
WHERE IS THE DEMO

btw when they put the survey up, make sure to fill it out. They put out a couple of demos for Bravely Default before release and they really took player feedback into account. That game really improved dramatically in terms of combat and stuff.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Demo is already up.

Have to go in the future releases and scroll down a bit.

ghibli99

DEMO WHEN (edit: up now!)

Looks so good. Lighting was terrific, the whole aesthetic really works IMO. Music sounds great, you can feel the influence from Bravely... just looks like the kind of game I will love.

Top Bottom