• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

Fabrik

Banned
I just realized, this explains why Kamiya was saying he wanted to see Nintendo's conference yesterday on his Twitter. He was trying to figure out how he could watch it.

Poor Kamiya. Maybe he thought Nintendo was going all out with core games this time and wanted to join the fun.
Ok ok ok WiiU worth slightly returning.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Could these guys be viable for Smash?

They seem like cool dudes for it.

Adam J.

Wow, this looks so fun and original. Exactly the kind of game that people complain don't exist, but when they do are written off because it's not familiar enough.

KarmaCow

I don't know, the actual action looks pretty bland. The game tracks combos, but I'm not sure what it considers a combo. Most of the time the person playing didn't even attempt to chain attacks together and still was getting combo points. Maybe it needs more enemies? Having just one lumbering enemy at a time didn't look very exciting.

VegaNine

*Declaration of Damnation*

Co-sign.

Too many games are abandoning what used to make the medium fun and unique: the thrill of having control over something impossible—something organic and dynamic and exciting and alive. Most of the "blockbusters" shown at this year's debacle are instead trying to stimulate the player through spectacle. And by doing so, they've forgotten to make their games tactile and feeling. They've forgotten about the emotion that comes from being able to control something. To DO IT—not to SEE IT, and to FEEL IT when you PLAY IT.

This is a game for people who crave stimulus and joy, and for people who are tired of all the monochromatic malarkey spilling nervously from so many studios. I'll be buying a Wii U for P-100, because games like this are stupidly rare (and if people continue to remain ignorant of thoughtful and well-expressed game design, then they'll soon be extinct altogether).

iavi

The best thing about this, imo, is that the game is co-op - though, I have no idea how the other Wii U padless players will do their hero moves. Online, maybe?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The best thing about this, imo, is that the game is co-op - though, I have no idea how the other Wii U padless players will do their hero moves. Online, maybe?

I'm assuming online 4 player, and same system 2 player. During the Gamespot gameplay demo, they seemed pretty cagey about multiplayer, but the trailer already shows it in action.

I don't care about the industry, I care about what I like. And I want Kamiya's talent on AAA titles.

The game looks quite good, but it's not my type of game.

You should care about the industry, because if the industry goes into the shitter, so do those games you like. Open your mind a little bit. There's more to gaming than AAA epic summer blockbusters.

I love the idea and the gameplay and they have more than enough time to improve the visuals which pretty much happens with most games between E3 and their release

Adam J.

How is this game not epic? You're rolling around with a F'n army of superheroes that all turn into giant swords/fists that wreck stuff. Oh lemme guess, it's not cinematic enough to be "epic". Needs more QTEs and slow-motion..

Fabrik

Banned
Co-sign.

Too many games are abandoning what used to make the medium fun and unique: the thrill of having control over something impossible—something organic and dynamic and exciting and alive. Most of the "blockbusters" shown at this year's debacle are instead trying to stimulate the player through spectacle. And by doing so, they've forgotten to make their games tactile and feeling. They've forgotten about the emotion that comes from being able to control something. To DO IT—not to SEE IT, and to FEEL IT when you PLAY IT.

This is a game for people who crave stimulus and joy, and for people who are tired of all the monochromatic malarkey spilling nervously from so many studios. I'll be buying a Wii U for P-100, because games like this are stupidly rare (and if people continue to remain ignorant of thoughtful and well-expressed game design, then they'll soon be extinct altogether).

It's beautiful...
**cries**

Instro

Wow @ the GameSpot demo. That part where the whole level starts falling apart was fucking ace. 100% sold on this game.

The more I see it the more I like it, I was even questioning myself, being a huge Nintendo fan and even having worked in one of the launch games (Scribblenauts Unlimited), if I would get the console day 1, but i think im in fucking love with this game.

linko9

Just finished watching the gamespot demo. This looks even more amazing. It is quickly overtaking Pimpkin as my most anticipated Wii U game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This is easily the best game showed for Wii U so far (Lego City runner up which looks surprisingly enjoyable).

That game kinda blew me away. I did not expect that at all.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't care about the industry, I care about what I like. And I want Kamiya's talent on AAA titles.

The game looks quite good, but it's not my type of game.

d5gT9.png

You only play the finest of games and drink the finest of wines. Amirite?

Not when is a Kamiya game. Look at RE2, Bayonetta, DMC, etc...

it's AWESOME GAME MADE
I don't even know.

joe2187

Banned
I ...I give up on some of you people man, They show a Unique brand new IP with crazy fun gameplay and style and all you can do is whine and complain?

THIS is a video game man.

Anything PG touches I will buy 10 copies, and throw them at everyone I see.

ari

Banned
I ...I give up on some of you people man, They show a Unique brand new IP with crazy fun gameplay and style and all you can do is whine and complain?

THIS is a video game man.

Anything PG touches I will buy 10 copies, and throw them at everyone I see.

that was a troll posting, general thread population likes this game.

thomaser

I really like the graphics... they remind me of the tilt shift photo technique that makes everything look like tiny toys.

Himself

I'd say this is the biggest megaton of E3, hands down. A new game from one of my all time favorite directors? I will now own a Wii U.

Top Bottom