• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

soultron

Banned
This is a system seller for me. Why the fuck didn't Nintendo show this during the conference? Worried it wouldn't demo well because of the small on-screen characters, perhaps?

Regardless, I'm hyped. Looks like a great use of the GamePad.

The graphics look great. I don't know what people are smoking.

It's like...I can tell those are English words that you are posting, but at the same time I have no idea what the fuck you are even on about. Like, this entire thread.

That's kinda wild!

Giving money to Kamiya always results on awesome AAA games. That all I'm saying.

d5gT9.png

You only play the finest of games and drink the finest of wines. Amirite?

Not really, just saying it's not my cup of tea.

Don't like the art style and don't like the gameplay showed.etc...

I can see it's probably a great game, but not for me.

ari

Banned
This is a system seller for me. Why the fuck didn't Nintendo show this during the conference? Worried it wouldn't demo well because of the small on-screen characters, perhaps?

Regardless, I'm hyped. Looks like a great use of the GamePad.

The graphics look great. I don't know what people are smoking.

exclusive to game trailers/spike.

ari

Banned
Giving money to Kamiya always results on awesome AAA games. That all I'm saying.

Not really, just saying it's not my cup of tea.

Don't like the art style and don't like the gameplay showed.etc...

I can see it's probably a great game, but not for me.

you don't have anything else to do...do you?

It looks like a really fun, original game that actually uses the GamePad in interesting ways.

I wish there was more of this at the conference today

Are we watching the same game? It looks great to me.

When the boss is destroying the WHOLE city apart while you are fighting against him, all in real time.
The dirt particles falling from the sides of the the broken city like a waterfall look amazing.
The toy model city looks fucking great, with lots of charisma in the building models, and the windows have reflections while you pass by.
The soft lightining makes the city look like a toy model.

But yeah, it looks like an N64 game, or so some people say.

Zekes!

I think this game, more than anything else shown at E3 so far, is what I'm looking forward to playing the most.

daakusedo

The main characters are cool would be nice to see them closer ingame.
It needed a second view, too much things happening plus followed by end of conference and being all emotional, maybe why it was firstly bashed.
So far all nintendo games are quite clean graphically.

Majukun

If anything, it suggests there was no Bayonetta 2.

we know kamiya was working on a new title for years now..this game still hasn't even a name,so i suppose is not that much into development..if all of that is true,kamiya was working on something else before it was given the lead of this game

The Boat

While the graphics aren't cutting edge, I think (know?) people are exaggerating because of that zoomed in look at the characters that doesn't really matter because it isn't how you'll look at the game. Graphics looks pretty good to me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
A platinum game could be nothing but hitbox rectangles and squares graphically and I would buy it.

Call it HitBoxHitFlash, and make it squares that attack each other that result in cool hit flashes.

I would buy that game.

Epcott

Looks like a mix between Pikmin, The Last Guy and King of Monsters. I'm interested. Graphics look like shite, but Platinum = <3.

NEO0MJ

If this is a success I wonder if Nintendo will continue to publish for Platinum Games in the future?

Even with an established console base and AAA production value(lul), and mature presentation(double lul) not a single Platinum game sold well. What hope does this game have?
Not to say I don't want it to sell, but it just seems unlikely.

Anth0ny

Right? This is a freakin KAMIYA directed game from Platinum Games. It doesn't get much bigger than that.

iavi

If this is a success I wonder if Nintendo will continue to publish for Platinum Games in the future?

Kamiya did say he always wanted to do Star Fox. He'd probably be right at home with Nintendo allowing him the occasional original title, and access to their IP war chest.

Anteater

Gamespot video look awesome, just when I was telling my friend if a flat map of just running around streets would get boring, the road started collapsing
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom