• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The GAF best of E3 votes are tallied, and Project P-100 won Best Wii U Game. It also landed #4 overall for Game of Show, behind The Last of Us, Halo 4, and Watch_Dogs.

Kinda sad really. You have people clamoring for changing videogames but then you can easily wow them with presentation.

At least P-100 beat Beyond. Now that would have been a travesty if P-100 didn't win over Beyond.

I wonder if this concept will ever evolve into the smash brothers franchise where the next game is not just a 4 player fighter but also a p-100/DOTA 2 hyrbrid where the gamepad will be advantageous as a control method.

You can call the game

Smash Brothers Heroes. Each publisher can have their own Hero sets or Each game univerese can have their own hero sets to do battle in teams.

Mushroom Kingdom
Star Fox Universe
Metroid Universe
Zelda Universe
Capcom
Konami
Sega
Square

There will be a p-100 mode where you have your team play single player campaigns.
Multiplayer Mode where you have one team against another.
Classic Smash Brothers Mode
Smash Brothers hero Mode where it is much like DOTA 2.

Developed by Sakurai's Team with HAL and Platinum doing the other game modes.

Please pay me in rupees for the idea.

So I was watching the IGN video...

Why does the interviewer have to be a massive douchenugget? His thoughtless babbling is annoying, and he keeps interrupting Bill when he's trying to describe cool stuff in the video.

Magnus

I'm new to Platinum Games (aka didn't understand that they were the brains behind some games that piqued my interest over the years - Bayonetta, Mad World, MGRising, and now this, nor did I realize they're basically ex-Clover, aka awesome). Stumbled into the Vanquish thread and heard nothing but good things, having never heard about the game till last week. Found a copy for $20 today; how much win am I in store for?

So I was watching the IGN video...

Why does the interviewer have to be a massive douchenugget? His thoughtless babbling is annoying, and he keeps interrupting Bill when he's trying to describe cool stuff in the video.

All their interviewer personalities (of the 4 or so that I saw) were atrocious loudmouths. Couldn't believe it.

Neiteio

I'm new to Platinum Games (aka didn't understand that they were the brains behind some games that piqued my interest over the years - Bayonetta, Mad World, MGRising, and now this, nor did I realize they're basically ex-Clover, aka awesome). Stumbled into the Vanquish thread and heard nothing but good things, having never heard about the game till last week. Found a copy for $20 today; how much win am I in store for?
Vanquish is the greatest third-person shooter ever.

Himself

People voted for ZombiU over NSMB U? SMH

Ehh..I can't say I'm excited for either, but if I was forced to play one i guess it would be Zombie maybe?...I don't know...

2D Mario is dead until they kill the shambling corpse that is the NSMB design aesthetic. Makes sense, right?

Roto13

Man, all those ridiculous quotes from the first two pages needs to be added to some kinda GAF wall of shame.

When the game comes out and it's awesome, someone should definitely go through the first ten pages of this thread and quote the dumbest posts and put them in the OT.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, all those ridiculous quotes from the first two pages needs to be added to some kinda GAF wall of shame.

It was pretty depressing to be part of those 2 pages, and being all "Why am I the only person that thinks this looks awesome??

Alrus

I don't really understand the "bad graphics" complaints/statement. This game looks really clean and sharp, it's actually quite impressive.

Ehh..I can't say I'm excited for either, but if I was forced to play one i guess it would be Zombie maybe?...I don't know...

2D Mario is dead until they kill the shambling corpse that is the NSMB design aesthetic. Makes sense, right?

I wish people bitched less about the NSMB games. Reading gaf it's like they're the worst game ever. It's strange because if Nintendo announced the same two 2D marios but with sprites, people would go apeshit with excitement. Also NSMB U looks awesome and does a lot of new things with its artstyle.

Doorman

I'm going to cut the "infamous first two pages" some credit, as when I saw the initial screenshots and video of this game, I too walked away feeling very underwhelmed. I've come around after seeing and hearing more of it but I don't think it's that harsh for people to have thought this looked unimpressive upon their very first knee-jerk reactions (that damned first blocky citizen in the trailer has, I think, really gone a long way in hurting this game's first impression). Those people should be allowed to change their minds if this legitimately turns out to be awesome.

Now...all we need for it is to turn out awesome. I know I've raised my expectations since it was first announced.

Although I'm a terrible person and never played Okami or Viewtiful Joe (or any Platinum Games), I've always wanted to. I hope this game does well (WW 1 million for a launch (window) title isn't out of the question), so Platinum continues to support the system/Nintendo continues to publish their games.

saichi

Although I'm a terrible person and never played Okami or Viewtiful Joe (or any Platinum Games), I've always wanted to. I hope this game does well (WW 1 million for a launch (window) title isn't out of the question), so Platinum continues to support the system/Nintendo continues to publish their games.

shame on you :(

Both of those games were on PS2. :p

Well, I didn't have one of them.

My point is, I've always liked the idea of these games, without knowing they were by the same guy(s)/devs, so I'm excited to finally get the chance to try one of their efforts and I hope it leads to more games in the future.

Roto13

Well, I didn't have one of them.

My point is, I've always liked the idea of these games, without knowing they were by the same guy(s)/devs, so I'm excited to finally get the chance to try one of their efforts and I hope it leads to more games in the future.

You should see if you can track down some of their other games. Infinite Space is probably their worst game. Though that's like naming one orgasm as the worst one you've ever had.

mclem

I wonder if this concept will ever evolve into the smash brothers franchise where the next game is not just a 4 player fighter but also a p-100/DOTA 2 hyrbrid where the gamepad will be advantageous as a control method.

You can call the game

Smash Brothers Heroes. Each publisher can have their own Hero sets or Each game univerese can have their own hero sets to do battle in teams.

Mushroom Kingdom
Star Fox Universe
Metroid Universe
Zelda Universe
Capcom
Konami
Sega
Square

There will be a p-100 mode where you have your team play single player campaigns.
Multiplayer Mode where you have one team against another.
Classic Smash Brothers Mode
Smash Brothers hero Mode where it is much like DOTA 2.

Developed by Sakurai's Team with HAL and Platinum doing the other game modes.

Please pay me in rupees for the idea.

And now I'm thinking "Smash does DotA". And I'm finding it appealing.

I'm going to cut the "infamous first two pages" some credit, as when I saw the initial screenshots and video of this game, I too walked away feeling very underwhelmed. I've come around after seeing and hearing more of it but I don't think it's that harsh for people to have thought this looked unimpressive upon their very first knee-jerk reactions (that damned first blocky citizen in the trailer has, I think, really gone a long way in hurting this game's first impression). Those people should be allowed to change their minds if this legitimately turns out to be awesome.
let's be hones, people judged it too soon and started the usual lol Nintendo trolls; this is what someone posted in the 3rd page, and it happened letter by letter:

Someone needs to make a Platinum Games cycle image.

Doubt, confusion, fear -> Acceptance, Mild Relief -> Errbody eatin' the Crow. All the Crow.
lol

but to be honest, I was confused about the game fighting mechanics, but after seeing more, I think it's actually pretty cool.
it's of course partly Nintendo's fault for not showing this at the conference; they could show the whole 15 minutes IGN guide and people would still be interested to see more.

I just hope they add rpg elements like upgradeable pudding point (remind me of Chopper's guard point, lol), sword moves, etc.

btw, has anyone noticed that the gun firing and sword action animation is like DMC where dante seems like being floating in the air?

People voted for ZombiU over NSMB U? SMH
I'm a big fan of Mario and almost surely will buy NSMBU. However, ZombiU at least has some originality and interesting new uses for the Upad. Just for that I think it deserves equal or more attention than the new played-safe 2.5D Mario. We already "know" how fun NSMBU will be, but ZombiU definitely has more potential to surprise (although, also to disappoint).

.la1n

Very good idea. Mentally cataloging that right now.

SPN-DoWant-GIF.gif

This will be glorious.

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that Capcom should let PG make a 3D Mega Man classic or X game.

Not that anyone at PG would want to work with Capcom again, but...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Eurogamer glowing preview:

Snippet:

Like Viewtiful Joe, it's easy to look at the screen and be completely overwhelmed by what's going on. Once you're playing, though - guided by each little piece of feedback, from a recharging battery to the rumble of a successful attack - you might as well be right inside the game world, stuck on the other side of the screen dodging between retro-futuristic roadsters, taking on bubble gum card invaders and filling the air with shards of sci-fi armour that mingle, in a rather pretty manner, with clouds of drifting cherry blossom.

Excited? This is the star of Nintendo's line-up, if you ask me: the game I'll be keeping my eye on most intently during the countdown to the Wii U's launch. It took just fifteen seconds of a ten-minute demo to fall in love with what Platinum's created. The rest of the time was spent with the realisation that Christmas suddenly feels like a very distant prospect indeed.

Forever

Banned
Eurogamer glowing preview:

Snippet:

Like Viewtiful Joe, it's easy to look at the screen and be completely overwhelmed by what's going on. Once you're playing, though - guided by each little piece of feedback, from a recharging battery to the rumble of a successful attack - you might as well be right inside the game world, stuck on the other side of the screen dodging between retro-futuristic roadsters, taking on bubble gum card invaders and filling the air with shards of sci-fi armour that mingle, in a rather pretty manner, with clouds of drifting cherry blossom.

Excited? This is the star of Nintendo's line-up, if you ask me: the game I'll be keeping my eye on most intently during the countdown to the Wii U's launch. It took just fifteen seconds of a ten-minute demo to fall in love with what Platinum's created. The rest of the time was spent with the realisation that Christmas suddenly feels like a very distant prospect indeed.

I think GAF Action GOTY 2013 will be between Metal Gear Rising and Project P-100.

Poyunch

No? Looks like your standard Zombie FPS with some gimmicks added in. Gonna be an average game imo.

It's about potential. Nothing really about NSMBU is really pushing the series forward while at least the gimmicks of Zombi U shows that at least Ubisoft is doing something a little different.

Top Bottom