• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project: RISING (Square Enix' for iOS/Android)

Andromeda

Banned
"New Square Enix game"
"for iOS/Android"

IgMyx.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Final Fantasy Rising: Revengance
Valkyrie Anatomia: Rising Revengance

Rottmer

Neo Member
I don't understand how a trailer can look so pretty, but say so little. Wonder what this will be, but seeing as its for smartphones, I'll hold my breath here.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
An announcement of a mobile game announcement.

This is just ridiculous now.

I wonder if we'll get an announcement of an announcement of an announcement.

In 2016, we will announce an announcement of a teaser of a mobile game

ReaperXL7

They just can't price them right.

most of the ones I have played and enjoyed the most have been free, and the next one I'm excited for "Justice Monsters Five" will be also.

I guess if your looking to play old NES games on your phone the pricing is kind of nuts though.

Qvoth

final fantasy type 1 perhaps?
didn't type 0 remaster have a secret ending that showed ace in a feudal japanese armor?

OCD Guy

Yeah, it's a platform, like board games are a platform.

While many people laugh at mobile as a viable gaming platform, I think many people forget that gaming is first and foremost a business, publishers and developers ultimately want to make money.

There's a reason why AAA publishers are dipping their feet into the mobile pool, and the mobile gaming platform has influenced the more traditional "hardcore" business model.

The likes of in app purchases, in game currency that's all the more common has stemmed from the effects of mobile gaming. Look at the shark cash cards in GTA for example? Now unfortunately I'd say that's a negative thing, but ultimately my point is that mobile gaming isn't the black sheep in the corner that people want to ignore.

Many people are rightly paying attention to what is going on in mobile gaming.

Gaming in general is merging, consoles as we know them traditionally won't be like that for long....let's face it consoles are almost just gimped PCs.

I remember the days when people who favoured consoles would laugh at PCs, prmoting the plug and play nature, criticise the constant patches, downloading updates etc but now look? And with the reality of frequent console hardware upgrades looking likely things are changing.

Also you know how there are people (like in their 30s) who grew up on Nintendo and Sega consoles, and people in their 20s who grew up on PlayStation and Xbox, well there are young kids now growing up on iPad, minecraft and YouTube....

An analogy for me is similar to the way tv and media is consumed. There are people who look down at people watching videos on a tablet rather than a 60" TVs. Now I'm not going to argue that watching a movie is better on a tablet, of course I'd rather watch a movie with surround sound on a nice big oled tv, and I won't argue that playing a game like Witcher 3 on that same big tv is better than a 5" screen with a virtual stick. But the reality is people watching TVs are becoming a minority, the newer generations tend to consume most of their media on portable devices, be it phones, tablets or laptops, and it mainly consists of YouTube and Netflix....

My point ultimately is the "bigger and better thing" hasn't always won. Cd can't compete with mp3s and streaming, Betamax failed, physical media is dying whether people believe it or not...

I can picture the future where people look at consoles and laugh that people used to have big boxes like that attached to their TVs, the same way people look at the first generation of mobile phones...

Technology is changing at an alarming rate, tablets are taking over (forget the supposedly falling sales, tablets are going through an evolution), laptops are pretty much merging into tablets with removable keyboards. I can see a future where gaming devices are simply tablets with controller a services that can then be docked or connected to bigger displays wirelessly.

True Fire

Top Bottom