• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scissors (Clock Tower spiritual sequel) announced (Vita/iOS/Android)

mollipen

lokYzO7.jpg

Sorry, doing this on my phone in a lobby, so may not be the best post. But at the Indie Stream event at TGS, and two interesting pieces of news came out.

First is Unity Pro is now free for PS4, PS3, and Vita. I think this was the first announcement of that.

Next was Project Sissors, a spiritual sequel to Clock Tower. Working on the project are game designer Hifumi Kouno (Clock Tower director), created designer Masahiro Ito (worked on Silent Hill., designed pyramid head and bubblehead nurses), and Takashi Shimizu (directed the Juon films).

Should know more about Project Scissora shortly.

The project logo is on my Twitter (@pikoeri) since I don't have a good way to upload otherwise. Someone feel free to post it in here.

Dascu

OH MY GOD

Next was Project Sissors, a spiritual sequel to Clock Tower. Working on the project are game designer Hifumi Kouno (Clock Tower director), created designer Masahiro Ito (worked on Silent Hill., designed pyramid head and bubblehead nurses), and Takashi Shimizu (directed the Juon films).
THIS IS THE GREATEST

DuskGolem, get in here.

This really softens the blow of that delayed Igavania.

Sorry, doing this on my phone in a lobby, so may not be the best post. But at the Indie Stream event at TGS, and two interesting pieces of news came out.

First is Unity Pro is now free for PS4, PS3, and Vita. I think this was the first announcement of that.

Should know more about Project Scissora shortly.

To which Clock Tower ? More like the first one, which I loved or the 3rd one which I didn't ?

mollipen

Bleh, I was afraid of that. Missed it due to being at the show. Feel free to change the title to focus on Scissors. (They made it seem like it was a reveal of that news.)

To which Clock Tower ? More like the first one, which I loved or the 3rd one which I didn't ?

He was the director or CT1 and CT2, so that might give an idea of the direction.

mollipen

They flashed an info screen REALLY quick. Only thing I caught was Nudemaker's involvement. I think we're going to be told more info here in a bit though.

And it was during the Sony presentation, if that says anything about platforms.

Jb

I still find the original CT gams really panic-inducing. I hope they can recapture that in their new game.

duckroll

The press release is up: http://www.nudemaker.jp/common/pdf/ProjectScissors_Press Release_English.pdf

Game Director / Hifumi Kouno (CEO/President Nude Maker Inc.)
Monster Designer / Masahiro Ito
Creative Collaboration & Live Action Trailer Production / Takashi Shimizu

【Project Overview】
■Project Title : Project Scissors
■Developer : Nude Maker, Inc.
■Genre : Horror Action Adventure
■Scheduled Platforms : PlayStation® Vita, iOS, Android (phones & tablets)

【Promotion Partner】
Active Gaming Media Inc. http://www.playism-games.com/

mollipen

Press conferenCE is shortly. I've been told there should be no embargo, but should find out when it starts. Will post info when I can I'd it hasn't hit already. (I'm doing this on whatever free wifi spots I can find. *heh*)

Dascu

Make sure you ask him about console/PC ports, Shidosh.

It was a console series afterall :p

Yeah, that'd be nice. That said, if it's anything like the original Clock Tower in perspective and controls, then it should play fine on a handheld/smartphone anyway.

Vita to the motherfucking rescue. Seriously hope we see more Vita versions of Mobile games, it makes them more playable to me by default.

I said...

Working on the project are game designer Hifumi Kouno (Clock Tower director), created designer Masahiro Ito (worked on Silent Hill., designed pyramid head and bubblehead nurses), and Takashi Shimizu (directed the Juon films).

WOW.

Fady K

I'm sure you must have a google alert for when Vita games get announced :p

Hahahah honestly bumped into this thread by luck and im a huuuuge fan of the clock tower games so id play them on any platform, but the Vita is one kf my faves ^^

Btw huuuuuge game for us tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Moobabe

Hahahah honestly bumped into this thread by luck and im a huuuuge fan of the clock tower games so id play them on any platform, but the Vita is one kf my faves ^^

Btw huuuuuge game for us tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Costa to the rescue <3

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Holy fucking shit. I always fantasized about a new Clock Tower being announced but never expected one for real goddamn. HYPEEEE

The press release is up: http://www.nudemaker.jp/common/pdf/ProjectScissors_Press Release_English.pdf

Game Director / Hifumi Kouno (CEO/President Nude Maker Inc.)
Monster Designer / Masahiro Ito
Creative Collaboration & Live Action Trailer Production / Takashi Shimizu

&#12304;Project Overview&#12305;
&#9632;Project Title &#65306; Project Scissors
&#9632;Developer &#65306; Nude Maker, Inc.
&#9632;Genre &#65306; Horror Action Adventure
&#9632;Scheduled Platforms &#65306; PlayStation® Vita, iOS, Android (phones & tablets)

&#12304;Promotion Partner&#12305;
Active Gaming Media Inc. http://www.playism-games.com/

Active Gaming Media ?
Mmh... then it might come to West and on PC...

duckroll

"The game’s setting is aboard a luxurious cruise liner in the middle of the ocean. As the ship sails across the deep blue ocean, a series of gruesome and mysterious murders begins to take place, including those of the ship’s crew. Soon the ocean liner is crippled and adrift at sea, and has become an inescapable trap for the passengers. As a passenger of the ship, the player will be tasked with solving the murder mystery to ensure their own survival as well as the rest of the ‘innocent’ passengers."

Sounds pretty cool. I love stranded vessel stories for some reason. There's something really scary and unique about isolation at sea.

^____^

We will do our best!

What do you mean by "We" ? :eek:

"The game&#8217;s setting is aboard a luxurious cruise liner in the middle of the ocean. As the ship sails across the deep blue ocean, a series of gruesome and mysterious murders begins to take place, including those of the ship&#8217;s crew. Soon the ocean liner is crippled and adrift at sea, and has become an inescapable trap for the passengers. As a passenger of the ship, the player will be tasked with solving the murder mystery to ensure their own survival as well as the rest of the &#8216;innocent&#8217; passengers."

Sounds pretty cool. I love stranded vessel stories for some reason. There's something really scary and unique about isolation at sea.

I really hope they won't fail Scissor Man design... First one was great and disgusting... 3rd one was off, like really off.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've been wanting to tell someone about this for a week now.

Sitting at the TGS press conference right now.

I've been wanting to tell someone about this for a week now.

Sitting at the TGS press conference right now.

Oh maaaan ! I'm so happy that we finally get a Clock Tower sequel, even spiritual. I really hope it's a slow paced 2D gameplay, like the originals.

Yasumi

Banned
Considering the platforms, I'd wager it's more like 1 and 2 than 3. A new classic style Clocktower would be awesome.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wow, didn't expect this! I'll admit, even as someone who loves to play games on my iPad, Mobile and Vita only is a bit disappointing. But if the other choice is no game at all, I won't complain. And of course, it can still turn out good on those platforms as well, so definitely not writing it off. Anyway, great news. :)

Top Bottom