• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Versus J becomes J-Stars Victory Vs., Naruto joins the cast

Takao

Banned
So yeah, new V-JUMP (?) scans are out. Naruto is shown launching a Rasengan. It's the Shippuden variant.

Are they fighting in a middle eastern arena or something?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Isn't Gintama pretty popular? I think Gintoki has a pretty high chance of being in this game.

WhyMe6

Who cares about Gintoki!

Gintama_69_Large-12.png

No sale till Kagura of Gintama is confirmed.

WhyMe6

I'm really excited for this. I loved Jump Ultimate Stars; I suck badly at it though. I really hope the quality of this is on-par with it, though :/

Seriously, why the fuck with the Mid-east setting. I saw a Mosque as well. It's like a stereotypical rendition of a middle eastern town.

If they're going with such a stage, I wish they'd take inspiration from an actual city in the region, cause barely any of them look like that.

shink

on a region-free console it doesn't really matter

For me it does, language barrier/if there is any DLC I'd rather take a EU version.
However, if it seems very unlikely the game will ever be released outside of Japan, I'll probably just import it.

For me it does, language barrier/if there is any DLC I'd rather take a EU version.
However, if it seems very unlikely the game will ever be released outside of Japan, I'll probably just import it.

Dont worry theres some hype to this game, I am sure since its just a fighting game import should not be much of a problem. Some one will translate the menus.

Kurita

Oh it isn't? My bad, I know some series aren't SJ but I thought Magi was cuz...well it seems to be shonen to me >_>;
Just because Magi is a shonen doesn't mean it's published in the SJ.
The Shonen Jump isn't the only shonen magazine, there are tons of 'em.

No Koro-Sensei, no sale.

Niwa

That tall building in the stage looks totally like Dio's Egypt residence in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Either that or my memories been playing tricks with me.

yatesl

This won't see the light if day out of Japan for the same reason J Superstars didn't - in the west, every studio and his dog holds a different Shonen license.

I was kind of hoping they would confirm someone else or confirm Naruto and another character. Naruto is such an obvious conclusion it shouldn't even count as a character reveal.

I've seen the scans on Twitter. It's a PS3-PSVita game and there's four characters for now: Goku, Luffy, Naruto and Toriko and there's only one stage on the scans, looks like an arabian city, maybe Alabasta.

Top Bottom