• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone 2 : Brave New World unveiled [trailer]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
dunno any of the new characters apart from 80 year old Leon and Vergil

WOO LEON
Who?
VERGIL
Who?
Who?
Who???

They're all pretty famous characters...

I know right! Criminal! The best Tales heroine deserves better. She'll probably just be an assist this time :/

And only ToV characters? Pretty weird, was hoping for another duo or a new assist.

Im still gonna hang on to the hope that that you can swap solo units with pair units as long as their from the same series......I like Estelle too. :(

Shizuka

I must've missed the localization announcement, just checked hat on Gematsu. Almost a worldwide simultaneous release, I'm surprised for Namco.

Astral Dog

Come on, Sonic is not there for obvious reasons, SEGA wont put their family friendly mascot on this game, now Bayonetta, why is she not on this, its a missed oportunity.

ohlawd

They're all pretty famous characters...

I said new, didn't I? shit, dude. you could bash my head in on a concrete floor to get me to lose my memories and I could still name drop folks like Jill, Dante, Kazuya.

I'm talking about those no name clowns like Strider, those Yakuza guys and shit

Astarte

I said new, didn't I? shit, dude. you could bash my head in on a concrete floor to get me to lose my memories and I could still name drop folks like Jill, Dante, Kazuya.

I'm talking about those no name clowns like Strider, those Yakuza guys and shit

zEk5pbK.png

wow did i just sense sarcasm

Shizuka

PROJECT X ZONE 2 announced for North America, Europe, Middle-East and Australasia!

Greetings, earthlings, Today I would like to share with you some details on a new title, that the brilliant team over at Virtual Toys are currently putting the finishing touches to.

Bandai Namco Entertainment, Capcom and SEGA are back for some more with Project X Zone 2 for the Nintendo 3DS system! The second episode of this ultimate cross-over tactical RPG, created by Monolith Software, will hit digital & physical shelves in the above-mentioned regions on Fall 2015!

With more than 400 000 units, the first episode of this Tactical-RPG series surprised not only fans but also press thanks to its massive line-up, stirring gameplay and unique humour! Among the famed returning licenses, Project X Zone 2 will feature Tekken, Tales of Vespiria, God Eater or .hack// series (Bandai Namco Entertainment), Devil May Cry, Megaman X and Resident Evil series (Capcom), Sakura Wars, Yakuza: Dead Souls and Virtua Fighter (SEGA).

“Working hand-in-hand with renowned publishers such as SEGA and Capcom is a blessing. Exchanging ideas and working towards making fans happy is the ultimate goal behind this cross-over. With dozens of famous characters and licenses, unique humour traits and highly tactical gameplay; Project X Zone 2 presents itself as a serious contender to be a critically appreciated Tactical RPG!” said Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of IP Strategy, Marketing & PR at Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe.

The successful recipe of this game will be heightened with the addition of several characters, in-game features (More information to come over the next few months!) and new languages for subtitles: French, Italian, German and Spanish!

Who is Virtual Toys? Are they developing the sequel?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Nice to see that the West is getting it pretty fast too. Good job on the decision with that. Am curious how did the title sell in the US anyways?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah I hope Zengar finally gets paired with Ratsel!

They should do their combination attack without their mecha!

With that said WHY THE HELL IS OHGAMI PAIRED WITH ERIKA WTF WTF WTF

Ilvocare

I'll be honest, if Arthur doesn't make it back in, I'll be sad. He had one of, if not the best scene in the game.

Two hit wonder means exactly what it says.

Ashkeloth

I feel like one of the few people that will vouch for this series.

Yeah, it's simplistic, repetitive and the character selection in the first was clearly not designed with western audiences in mind, but just the prospect of all these characters from a load of great series coming together to beat up some random mooks with great animation and over-the-top special attacks is enough to get me through, no matter how dull the storytelling is.

This time around, I'd like to see some sort of animation skip or auto-resolve system in the battle system. Give me a 10% damage reduction and 2 options - meter generation or damage - and just play out the combos in an optimal way and skip the animations. That would still incentivise fighting the bigger battles where you need to do every last bit of damage and would make them throwing dozens of grunts at you per stage more bearable.

Neoxon

- Sonic
- Bayonetta
- Yu Narukami (only if he counts as Sega)
- Makoto Yuki (same as Yu)
- Phoenix Wright
- Viewtiful Joe
- Amaterasu
- Asura
- Crimson Viper
- Pac-Man

.....Please?

Come on, Sonic is not there for obvious reasons, SEGA wont put their family friendly mascot on this game, now Bayonetta, why is she not on this, its a missed oportunity.
Arthur says hi.

Ilvocare

Never forget the one inkling of personality Mii had in PXZ beyond her job of "cheerleader gun girl".

When Due ate that flan she had left over in the fridge. Literally the first time in the entire game multiple characters got motivated to stop a villain for a reason other than "oh monstars".

This was in chapter 30, I believe.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, maybe this time around the international releases don't get screwed on multiple songs being cut out of the game like in the first? Even if it's no Brave New World, Wing Wanderer gave some context, however miniscule, to the game, and the entire book ends thing with the game flies completely over the western audience without that song included.

I'm also salt that Rocks didn't make it in the last game...

So I assume Reiji and Xiaomu are the main focus? I'm okay with this. Mii and Kogoro were garbage characters with barely any backstory or personality to them.

Oh yeah I hope Zengar finally gets paired with Ratsel!

They should do their combination attack without their mecha!

With that said WHY THE HELL IS OHGAMI PAIRED WITH ERIKA WTF WTF WTF

The Tatsumaki Zankantou? That would be lmao to see in human form.

Cause Sakura Taisen 3?
Sakura was in that game too, IIRC.

I'm also salt that Rocks didn't make it in the last game...

Me too, man. Me too. ;__;

Boss Doggie

So I assume Reiji and Xiaomu are the main focus? I'm okay with this. Mii and Kogoro were garbage characters with barely any backstory or personality to them.

The Tatsumaki Zankantou? That would be lmao to see in human form.

Cause Sakura Taisen 3?
Sakura was in that game too, IIRC.

Yeah it seems they're bringing back the focus to them... which should have been in the first place since NxC is their game and PxZ sorta follows that.

And yep, Tatsumaki Zankantou. Maybe Ratsel piggybacks Zanger lol

And I know, but they declared love damnit!

I still think the first game on PS2 had the best characters. I liked the older, more obscure characters.

"Jet_Kick" <3

- Sonic
- Bayonetta
- Yu Narukami (only if he counts as Sega)
- Makoto Yuki (same as Yu)
- Phoenix Wright
- Viewtiful Joe
- Amaterasu
- Asura
- Crimson Viper
- Pac-Man

.....Please?

Needs:

- Jin Saotome
- Gene
- Regina
- Ryu (BoF3)
- Agent G
- Rick Taylor

batfax

Even Valkyrie being in the last game didn't get me to finish it, and I like her series way too much. This one better either have Phantasy Star or just not have missions take FOREVER.

Ilvocare

Alright, I'm gonna throw out an estimate to see how tolerable length is to certain people.

I'd be ecstatic if PXZ2 was 40 to 42 half-hour missions. PXZ, including Prologues and the final chapter, was 46 missions total, with the second half taking anywhere from 1 and a half hours to 2 and a half hours, which is insane. Basically if you wanted to enjoy the game you stopped saving during intermissions and exclusively used the mid-battle save to stop playing. (which isn't like FE's suspend and is actually a hard save you can resume from at anytime, if anyone's wondering.)

Feel free to throw out your own ideal lengths for how this should work.

Boss Doggie

I don't really bumrush the game and play it at my own pace, so there's that. Mid-battle save is a blessing though.

With that said, if they made the super bar not universal it'd actually cut a lot of the length. Imagine everyone actually being able to use MAP moves.

Ilvocare

I don't really bumrush the game and play it at my own pace, so there's that. Mid-battle save is a blessing though.

That's my point. If you don't mid-battle save you get caught in PXZ's incredibly lethargic rhythm. Taking breaks is paramount to not getting super-burned out.

Also yeah splitting the bar would be a really good idea.

Boss Doggie

That's my point. If you don't mid-battle save you get caught in PXZ's incredibly lethargic rhythm.

Also yeah splitting the bar would be a really good idea.

Or at least, let's you have "stocks" like in KoF. At least let us do multiple MAPs!

Videoneon

uhhh was the first one ever good? thought about picking it up at Gamestop for like 15

It's nice for $15, even if you drop it after 15 hours

whichwasmostpeopole

It's not that "good" it's mostly grinding on the same wheel and the novelty comes from little shout-out type moments. Which can mean a lot, depending on the person.

I'm still hyped because I like the idea of this crossover

Ilvocare

Or at least, let's you have "stocks" like in KoF. At least let us do multiple MAPs!

I think another issue is that the bar in PXZ not only governed MAP and super attacks, it also governed skill usage, which would normally be handled by stuff like Spirits.

Yeah can these passive skills not have the potentially infinite supply afforded from the X gauge and consumable items and instead rely on something more restricted?

If each controllable unit or group or whatever had their own individual HP, SP, and X gauges I'd be peachy-keen.

uhhh was the first one ever good? thought about picking it up at Gamestop for like 15

I would not recommend this game even for $10.

+ Various characters from different universes
+ Nice animation
+ Soundtrack

- Too linear
- Too long battles
- Almost every unite has same power
- No shops, no towns, can't visit and grind in old levels

It's more like:
Chapter x > Battle > Save > New Chapter > Another Battle > Save > Another New Chapter > Repeat.

Top Bottom