• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project x Zone 2 will feature more languages and no modified content

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/30/project-x-zone-2-will-be-playable-in-7-languages/

Damn right!

To wit, PxZ1 changed Bruno Dellinger to be less similar to his Dynamite Cop 1 look because of how he resembled Bruce Willis. They also removed certain songs due to licensing.

Seems like now, we won't be getting changes! All those battle songs confirmed~

Each region will have different language options. People in North America who pick up Project X Zone 2 will have English, French, and Spanish language options to choose from. Europe gets two additional languages, as their version of the game will have English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish available. When Project X Zone was localized for South Korea, it was only available in English, but Project X Zone 2 will only have a Korean language option. Finally, the Taiwan and Hong Kong localization of the game will only have a Japanese language option.

Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to play Project X Zone 2 on February 16, 2016. In addition to the extra languages, Project X Zone 2 will not have any content modified, unlike the localization of Project X Zone, which altered some art and music for the overseas release.

pxz2english.jpg

02__.jpg

Boss Doggie

what was modified in the original?

Changed Bruno Dellinger's appearance, all references to his first game are changed
Music, removed instrumental versions of the Japanese openings of God Eater, Tales of Vesperia, and Shining Force EXA and replaced them with map music of their respective games
For some odd reason Space Channel 5 music was changed

Oh, that is something I did not know! :)
Originally we were supposed to get it at the same time as Japan but international release got pushed to 2016

IIRC project x zone 2 was anounced for the US when it was first revealed. Also, didnt the first one end up selling like 3 times the amount it did in japan? or was that triple of what they expected it to sell?

I remember "Over The Clouds" from God Eater was taken out of the first first one, I'm glad we won't have another situation like that. That version is so good too.

W-00

Fuck that

I don't want this shit on my America console

bRxj7wr.jpg

They wouldn't have changed that anyways. They only changed what they did for licensing reasons. But this time they knew they were going for an international release beforehand, which is why things aren't getting changed this time.

Boss Doggie

The fears of the Virtua Fighter anime opening and the SF2 movie BGM being cut is alleviated!

Tizoc

Is Xiamu's only role in this game simply to make a joke whenever its her time to talk?
Cuz I got bored of that in PXZ1.

Is Xiamu's only role in this game simply to make a joke whenever its her time to talk?
Cuz I got bored of that in PXZ1.

She was more serious in Namco X Capcom. After that while she maintained the sidekick to Reiji role she was made into the Super Otaku and jokester she is now. I actually like her for it. She has absolutely no shame about her hobbies but she still kicks ass with a cool fighting style.

Tizoc

She was more serious in Namco X Capcom. After that while she maintained the sidekick to Reiji role she was made into the Super Otaku and jokester she is now. I actually like her for it. She has absolutely no shame about her hobbies but she still kicks ass with a cool fighting style.

Didn't really like that in PXZ, I just wish she'd do less of that since it gets boring when its her turn to talk andyou just skip it because its another mythology gag joke.

MrDaravon

Excellent. I'm (finally) nearly at the end of the first game. It's fun, but I'm really really hoping this one is less grindy/drawn out than the first game because goddamn.

Loona

The fears of the Virtua Fighter anime opening and the SF2 movie BGM being cut is alleviated!

Instrumental Seegata Sanshiro theme all the way - that's what worried me the most in the western version of the latest trailer, it left a lot of tracks out.

The trailer did have a scene with Ulala leading player characters in a stage dance-off - if the likes of Mexican Flyer aren't left out, that should make for an interesting and untainted stage setup.

Also, the entire article in the OP seems based on this blog entry at the official site: http://pxz2.bn-ent.net/blog/?p=352

When I saw that the other day and ran it through Google Translate, I noticed nothing about unchanged music, so I really hope that's true.

I'm not sure how worried I should be about all those variations on the BSAA acronym - makes me wonder how many references might be changed or left out in each version...

Boss Doggie

As an aside, something about that shading style just doesn't sit with me. (Though in fairness, isn't this also animated?)

She changes into that showgirl outfit she has in Pocket Fighter. Generally her PxZ2 appearance is based on pocket fighter

Honestly, the Bruno Dellinger in PxZ still looked a hell of a lot like Bruce Willis to me.

Still, very good news. I was upset the first time when I realized the first game had a JAM Project song cut out of the localization. This is all sounding much, much better.

Ilvocare

Good shit. This directly addresses one of the bigger worries I've had regarding PXZ2. I've said it once and I'll say it again: I had fun with PXZ1 but removing ROCKS was a big no-no, among other songs. Like the ACTUAL opening and ending for the game. That was ridiculous, man...

SoulUnison

Banned
So will God Eater characters get "Over the Clouds" as a musical theme again?
It was missing in the English version and it REALLY hurt the God Eater characters, for me, that their only theme was really...boring.

Europe gets two additional languages, as their version of the game will have English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish available.

Amazing news.
If only companies like atlus would follow, anime games sell in europe. Will buy the game, if only for showing they did the right thing. My firend that has trouble understanding english and just bought a 3DS is going to be happy about this news.

Also great thing about not modified content.

Loona

Well, to counter that they removed Haken/Kagura from the sequel...my Valkyria Chronicles team too...*sniffs*

So is the current roster the final confirmed roster or what?

This past week there was a Namco Bandai livestream where they played a later level of the game, but curiously, when they opened the game they let the animated intro play for a bit, then interrupted and started laughing - I'm not sure if that means something... the previous game had Juri in the opening along with the other characters, which was supposed to be a bit of a spoiler...

I'd be surprised if Tarosuke didn't turn out to be an unlockable assist at some point, but who knows...

GooeyHeat

things this game is doing right:
-keeping all music
-featuring Segata Sanshiro
-having great multi-language support
-having Segata Sanshiro as a character in the game
-being a game in which Segata Sanshiro appears
-SEGATA SANSHIRO

Super Otaku Xiaomu > NXC Xiaomu

things this game is doing right:
-keeping all music
-featuring Segata Sanshiro
-having great multi-language support
-having Segata Sanshiro as a character in the game
-being a game in which Segata Sanshiro appears
-SEGATA SANSHIRO

And Ryo Hazuki being on the cover of a video game after so many years.

BTW are there any screens of PxZ Japanese version Bruno comparison with PxZ western Bruno?
The images im seeing in google look very similar.

His clothes changed from blue (JP ver) to green (overseas ver). High rise to Hell was taken out as well.

Bladenic

Well, to counter that they removed Haken/Kagura from the sequel...my Valkyria Chronicles team too...*sniffs*

So is the current roster the final confirmed roster or what?

Wait I've been trying to avoid spoiling all the new cast... but they removed characters too? Some assists being gone fine, but Haken/Kagura were awesome and I thought they were staples of the franchise?

Top Bottom