• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone Dated for June 25th (NA)

zroid

Banned
aaand we're done here

3dsallthesegamesq1sab.png

Wiz

So we got

Animal Crossing
ProjectXZone
SMTIV
Mario & Luigi
Mario Golf

ALL within a few months!?

WOW

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Summer of games. Jeez. Publishers are finally realizing that nothing good ever comes out during the summer and are capitalizing on it. About time.

So we got

Animal Crossing
ProjectXZone
SMTIV
Mario & Luigi
Mario Golf

ALL within a few months!?

WOW

You should try out the Rune Factory franchise sometime. In my opinion, it's one of the greatest modern RPG franchises...right up there with Persona.

3DS is a true winner this year. Hopefully this will convince kids to put down their iPad and come back to true portable gaming.

BlackJace

That powerhouse thread was right on the money. Just did some calculations, turns out I will be spending over $150 this summer on 3DS games.

Food? Naaaaah.

Wiz

Poor Rune Factory 4, always gets left out

Xseed hasn't said a peep about it since it was announced!

lol forgot all about that. But more choices are great! Not for my wallet though.

You should try out the Rune Factory franchise sometime. In my opinion, it's one of the greatest modern RPG franchises...right up there with Persona.

I've been trying out a lot of new franchises on 3DS, so we'll see!

Quick question. I loved Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier, but I don't really like strategy games, is this more like the latter or the former?

That powerhouse thread was right on the money. Just did some calculations, turns out I will be spending over $150 this summer on 3DS games.

Food? Naaaaah.

I hear you, man. My 2013 spending on 3DS games for the first half of the year will be around $320 when it's all over.

:-(

Bullza2o

Imagine if Reggie prevented all of these recent 3DS games announcement --so he himself can announce it in a Nintendo Direct. I guess he's too busy preparing for his E3 presentation --of Wii Fit U My Body is Ready Once Again Edition :p

Anyways I'll probably skip this one. I already bought 4 3DS games this year and can only buy so many in a short amount of time.

Quick question. I loved Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier, but I don't really like strategy games, is this more like the latter or the former?

You'll be at home with the battle system (and OG Saga EF's protagonists are in the game even), but it's definitely an SRPG. How complex an SRPG I didn't get far into enough to really judge.

Apparently it's not the deepest of turn based strategy.

Cool. I've tried Devil Survivor and found that it SRPGs are not really my thing, hopefully this one will be more my type of game.

You'll be at home with the battle system (and OG Saga EF's protagonists are in the game even), but it's definitely an SRPG. How complex an SRPG I didn't get far into enough to really judge.
I think that as long as the battles are like Endless Frontier, I'll be good. My problem with Devil Survivor was I didn't really like the etrian odyssey-type battles.

Literal sequel. Direct references to NxC are made almost immediately in dialogue.

Perfect then .i was kinda sad after the party but if they can meet up again in the same time line , i'll be happy about that.

I Just hope this game won't have the same nonsense as NxC final 2 maps..

Fisico

Isn't this team known for making poor games? Other than the godly fanservice, has anyone played this and thought it was a good game?

I played and loved both Mugen no Frontier Games, their battle system is very special (and repetitive) and many really don't like it, it doesn't mean their games are poor.

(But compared to Namco X Capcom, PxZ is really poor regarding number of characters yeah)

I do want this game greatly... I will have this game upon it's release. Did we lose anything in the transition? There were a lot of licenses and things they had to work out?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Good thing it's coming out in Summer, it won't have a lot of competition.

Meanwhile, TAKE MY MONEY, NAMCO!

Year of the 3DS, etc, etc.

EDIT: Wait, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team is this summer too, right?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Good thing it's coming out in Summer, it won't have a lot of competition.

Meanwhile, TAKE MY MONEY, NAMCO!

There's a lot of games coming out in the summer that'll be great. At least relative to previous summers.

massoluk

Banned
Wow Wow Wow, what's going on? Why so many games that usually just stay in Japan for years, 3DS, why? My poor wallet.

Seriously, how many 3DS games do I have to buy?

Oh, wait.
All of them.

You guys remember when the 3DS had no games?
Good times, good times.

For my wallet.

Wow Wow Wow, what's going on? Why so many games that usually just stay in Japan for years, 3DS, why? My poor wallet.

Iwata looked at the Wii U... then he looked at the statement he made of returning to 100billion yen profits... Then he knew what he had to do.

Drago

Hope that box art isn't final...

I'm pretty excited about this. I don't know if it will be a day 1 purchase but I will definitely get it eventually. Happy to see it come over.

Loona

Perfect then .i was kinda sad after the party but if they can meet up again in the same time line , i'll be happy about that.

The Endless Frontier games are in the same timeline (which is apparently shared with the OG Super Robot Wars games), so if you check enough videos for those you might even get some spoilers on the Reiji/Xiaomu/Saya dynamic.

Hope that box art isn't final...

I'm pretty excited about this. I don't know if it will be a day 1 purchase but I will definitely get it eventually. Happy to see it come over.

Same, they should just reuse the JP box, this one is too bland with the art on a black background.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
$40 and no sign of the soundtrack cd that came with the jp release?!

Still want... but I feel they could try alil harder maybe. Liking that release date however! Summer months are usually so barren!

Top Bottom