• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Zero (Fatal Frame) 5 getting limited edition retail set and demo

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://nintendoeverything.com/fatal...k-water-limited-edition-revealed-demo-coming/

Fans of limited edition offerings should keep an eye out for Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, coming to Wii U on 30th October. From that day, Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water – trial version creeps onto Nintendo eShop, giving players the opportunity to sample action from the game’s prologue and first two chapters at no cost before choosing whether to purchase all remaining chapters. At retail, the game will only be released as the Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water – Limited Edition bundle, featuring a copy of the game in its standalone packaging, a double-sided poster, an art book, four Spirit Photographs, and a SteelBook™ cover.

fatal-frame-limited-edition-656x369.jpg

random25

Was October 30 confirmed before? This is the 1st time I've heard of the official release date.

Anyway, hoping for NoA to bring this LE. And nice of them to give a demo (NoA please do the same).

OrochiJR

Great news. Hope it will not be too limited and/ or restricted for exclusive retailers so everyone who really wants it can get the game.

Awesome. Although I'm suddenly aware of how few WiiU steelbook editions there seem to have been, which is a bummer.

Still, excellent news!

wrowa

Welp. Knowing that NoE's special editions tend to be really limited, I don't expect to see this in stores ever.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That doesn't sound like a "normal" demo. It's a trial version: you start the game, for free, then you decide if you want to buy the rest of the game. Quite interesting, I'm eager to know the price to purchase the other chapters.

spekkeh

Banned
Why do they actually call it Project Zero? Fatal Frame is a much better name.

Did this score well? I heard it wasn't that good.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That doesn't sound like a "normal" demo. It's a trial version: you start the game, for free, then you decide if you want to buy the rest of the game. Quite interesting, I'm eager to know the price to purchase the other chapters.

That's right. This is even better. There were some people that thought the game might be too scary for them, so they can check it before buying now.

Shauni

Why am I surprised that this wasn't for NoA? We'll likely get a digital copy and that's it. :/

Odds are we'll get a physical release, too, if Europe is. I really don't know why everyone is doubting a physical release for this game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Odds are we'll get a physical release, too, if Europe is. I really don't know why everyone is doubting a physical release for this game.

The only physical copies of this game in Europe will be this limited edition, it's being positioned as an eShop title outside of Japan and I expect it will be the same in America.

Being free to start for the digital version is incredibly smart for a niche release like this. It gets people who may not really be Fatal Frame fans in to the series.

The physical release being a more expensive limit edition thing gets hardcore fans in the door at a higher price.

Great ideas on both fronts.

LogicGoat

Neo Member
Wait, so there's no regular physical edition? I just want a physical game and case, nothing else =(

But I'll bite for a reasonable price.

Semajer

The trailer on Nintendo UK mentions the game is English or Japanese voiceover with English, German, or French text. Was this known already?

Fuck it I'm just going to buy this. I heard there is custom firmware/exploit to play GameCube games on a Wii U I'm assuming this works for other region games too, right?

Sir TapTap

Damn it I thought this was for US. Severely doubt we're getting a steelbook or even a retail release at all.

Fuck it I'm just going to buy this. I heard there is custom firmware/exploit to play GameCube games on a Wii U I'm assuming this works for other region games too, right?

The exploits are for wii mode, not aware of any region breaking for Wii U mode

javac

Never played one of these games, but I'm going to hopefully pick this Limited Edition up. It's never really been on my radar but now that I think about the game, it could be a cool experience and I'm warming up to it. Rarely play survival horror games.

matmanx1

NOA are you listening? We're willing to pay cash money for a good physical LE. Make it limited and available to pre-orders only. I'm fine with that. Just give us the option, please.

Wait, so there's no regular physical edition? I just want a physical game and case, nothing else =(

But I'll bite for a reasonable price.

You can always sell off the extras. But yeah, that's a bit more work overall if you just want the base game.

Now to play the waiting game with NoA once again.

wrowa

Gamescon.

In this case it wouldn't be surprising if the game is digital-only in the US, though, considering that NoA doesn't do as much LE stuff as NoE. NoE's LEs are usually really limited as well, so it wouldn't surprise me if most people will never see the game in stores at all. Getting your hands on Nintendo's LEs can be a real pain.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yeah I'm getting this. Don't even have a god damn Wii U but still, this is one of my must play games whenever I'm able to get me one of them Wuus

cerulily

I don't even own a Wii-U and am going to buy a copy just to show NOA that there is a market... IF it comes physical obv.

Seriously, fatal frame 4 is why I said f' it and sold my wii.

Top Bottom