Project Zomboid is a zombie survival game for the PC. It was recently updated and now is the best time to jump in. Your only goal is survival. How you do that is up to you. Do note that this is still in Alpha. A lot of progress has been made lately but it's still a buggy game.
At a glance...
- Find a place to call home and fortify it
- Scavenge for food, drink and supplies
- Avoid the zombie hoards
- Build weapons and craft items
- Try not to injure yourself or fall ill
- Control your mood; fight off depression
- You can have any type of zombie you want. Runners? Cool. Shamblers? Go for it.
- You can tweak a lot of things including the time it takes for power/water to go out and the length of the day/night cycle
Website | Buy Now (£4.99, Desura, standalone) | Wiki
The new website just launched and the below image is a good summary of what the game is like.
The new version has just been released so there aren't many good screenshots or videos that are up to date. The screenshots below are just simple ones that I took.
Let's Play Forum